Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Listen to Wikipedia as ambient music & other lockdown diversions

edited September 2021 in Other

Wikipedia is a constantly changing entity with hundreds of edits occurring every minute and now you can experience that dynamism as ambient music - really!

http://listen.hatnote.com/

Bells indicate additions and string plucks indicate subtractions.

Pitch changes according to the size of the edit; the larger the edit, the deeper the note.

Green circles show edits from unregistered contributors, and purple circles mark edits performed by automated bots.

You may see announcements for new users as they join the site, punctuated by a string swell.

Comments

• Who Invented Metal?

• Sgt. Pepper photos - discovering the source photos for The Beatles' 1967 album Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band:

https://sgtpepperphotos.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/16/

• 50 foot long drone instrument:

• The Beatles "Get Back" sneak peek.

Peter Jackson (Lord Of The Rings) documentary about the making of "Let It Be".

The film, constructed from 55+ hours of largely unseen footage and 140 hours of audio recordings, seeks to portray the making of the band’s final studio album in a better light than previous accounts. The project has the support of Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono, and Olivia Harrison and will out on Disney+ in 3 parts November 25-27.

• ABBA - 2 new songs Sept 2021:

Behind the scenes story:

• Björk & PJ Harvey - "I Can't Get No Satisfaction"

• edited September 2021

Prince solo "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" from Rock Hall 2004: NEW DIRECTOR'S CUT!

Producer Joel Gallen recently uploaded a recut version that focuses more on Prince during the solo.

Keep your eye on Prince's guitar at the end of the song...

Photo of Prince walking, guitar in hand and seemingly unnoticed in NYC, to rehearsals for the Hall of Fame ceremony. Best of all he is passing a building with MY NAME on it. Fame at last...

• @Simon said:
    The Beatles "Get Back" sneak peek.

Peter Jackson (Lord Of The Rings) documentary about the making of "Let It Be".

The film, constructed from 55+ hours of largely unseen footage and 140 hours of audio recordings, seeks to portray the making of the band’s final studio album in a better light than previous accounts. The project has the support of Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono, and Olivia Harrison and will out on Disney+ in 3 parts November 25-27.

Pretty excited about this one.

• @Simon said:
    Björk & PJ Harvey - "I Can't Get No Satisfaction"

First time seeing/hearing this. Pure gold.

• @Ben said:

Yeah - it starts off slow but really kicks off halfway through. Bjork's voice - incredible!

• edited September 2021

@Ben said:
    Pretty excited about this one.

Yes. I'm sure Jackson will do a good job with the film.

Meanwhile, how about:

• edited September 2021

So young:

In March 1957, a 16-year-old lad from Liverpool formed his own skiffle group. John Lennon originally christened the group the “Blackjacks” but quickly changed the name to “The Quarrymen.” They played at birthday parties, and on a stationary flatbed truck at outdoor parties. Lennon soon recruited the 15-year-old Paul McCartney to join as rhythm guitarist, and the 14-year-old George Harrison became the lead guitarist.

• @Ben said:

@Simon said:

Odd pairing, yet so good. What’s Björk playing?

• Carl Sagan Talks About Star Wars:

"Star Wars starts out saying it’s on some other galaxy and then you see there’s people. Starting in scene one there’s a problem, because human beings are the result of a unique evolutionary sequence based upon so many individually unlikely random events on the Earth."

• @Simon said:
    Wikipedia is a constantly changing entity with hundreds of edits occurring every minute and now you can experience that dynamism as ambient music - really!

http://listen.hatnote.com/

Bells indicate additions and string plucks indicate subtractions.

Pitch changes according to the size of the edit; the larger the edit, the deeper the note.

Green circles show edits from unregistered contributors, and purple circles mark edits performed by automated bots.

You may see announcements for new users as they join the site, punctuated by a string swell.

I don’t get any sound out if it.

• This is pretty cool.

I suppose if I play a guitar solo over the top of it, then it’s no longer “ambient”?

• edited September 2021

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I don’t get any sound out if it.

You broke it! :-)

I just went to the link in Firefox, Chrome & Opera and it worked ok, but it didn't work in Safari (all browsers were running on a Mac).

There is an "enable sound" button at the top right side of the screen. Safari wasn't displaying this button properly.

Maybe try another browser or a browser on another device.

• Not an underrated guitarplayer, but a criminally unrated guitarplayer.

• @dvi said:

@Ben said:

@Simon said:

Yamaha QY20.

• Patrick Stewart soliloquy on B:

• Foley fun:

• edited September 2021

Bookshop sketch 3 ways:

Written by John Cleese and originally shown on "At Last - The 1948 Show!" in 1967.

• 👍❤️ To all of this

• What to do in lockdown? Re-create album covers of course...

More at:
    https://www.carehomealbumcovers.com/

• Forget Drambo.... Here's Excel!

• edited September 2021

Time for a music "break":

• @ocelot said:

@dvi said:

@Ben said:

@Simon said:

Yamaha QY20.

Wow that’s an amazing little machine. I had no idea it existed. It makes a lot of today’s grooveboxes feel not so innovative after all.

• Blast from the past.

Some guy called "Doug" doing a demo of something called "Audiobus". No idea where either are now.

• You think there is no need for you to ever hear this song ever again in your life for any reason, and then you stumble across a live version with Skunk Baxter sitting in on congas and Clydie King singing backup, and:

• edited September 2021

@dvi said:

@ocelot said:

@dvi said:

@Ben said:

@Simon said:

Yamaha QY20.

Wow that’s an amazing little machine. I had no idea it existed. It makes a lot of today’s grooveboxes feel not so innovative after all.

The last one Yamaha made (QY100) even had a mono mic/guitar input with guitar amp and mic preamp sims. Add the 16-track song MIDI sequencer and 8-track pattern MIDI sequencer (24-parts multitimbral) with hundreds of XG/GM2 sounds, along with thousands of built-in phrases - it's a bargain.

They're selling for ~$150 on Ebay. Tiny too, about the same size as an MC-101. Limited synth editing like the MC-101 (it's a rompler with dated sounds, though the bread-n-butter and orchestral tones are decent - they compliment the MC-101's massive synth library very nicely).

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/small-beautiful

A tiny rig in a hardcase with a QY100, MC-101, TR-6S, and maybe a small analog/hybrid synth like the Dreadbox Typhon, MicroMonsta, or Töörö, along with a little mixer with USB audio, and an iPad would be loads of fun.