Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ERS_250 by Christian Siedschlag

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1584339422

Description:

The ERS 250 reverb audio plugin was originally designed and sold by Harrie Munnik and his Dutch company EmptyRoomSystems. DDMF, having been a part in the development of the first version some years ago, is proud to carry on the legacy by distributing and further developing the set of ERS plugins. This unit is a faithful replication of the first digital hardware reverb ever made, the EMT 250. Only 250 units of that legendary studio tool have ever been produced… needless to say, the availability as an audio plugin has received an enthusiastic welcome by the audio engineering and production community. Now this plugin is finally available for compatible iOS hosts that support either AUv3 or InterAppAudio.

Features:

• Careful reproduction of the original schematics
  • Adjustable reverb decay time (from 0.4 to 5 seconds), low frequency response, high frequency response, and predelay
  • Additional low-pass filter to create darker sounds
  • Dry-Wet ratio adjustable
  • Alternative “modern” schematics available

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 9.3
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Can it sound good in Ambient, or is this more of an "all rounder" sort of reverb? 🙂

• edited September 2021

Used to be my favourite on UAD platform... it can go unrealistic too but for that there are many alternatives around... I would call it all rounder (which includes ambient)

Thanks White!

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Used to be my favourite on UAD platform... it can go unrealistic too but for that there are many alternatives around... I would call it all rounder (which includes ambient)

Thanks White!

Cool. I'll check it out then. Hell, it's DDMF for f*sake, and Christian hasn't steered us wrong yet. MDEStereo is my mastering compressor of choice.

• https://ddmf.eu/
    you can always demo DDMF stuff

• The reverb is excellent.

• Does anyone know the OTO BAM Reverb? Here is the description from their website:

BAM is a stereo reverb processor inspired by the late 70s / early 80s digital reverberator units.These units are
    sought after by sound engineers, producers and musicians for their grainy, warm and musical reverberations.

Here at OTO, we are passionated by the technology of the digital reverberators, especially the old models !

We have carefully listened to all digital reverberators built from 1976 to 1986, studied their architecture and read
    all the available papers (from 1961 to nowadays) on digital reverb design.

I really like the OTO Bam and was wondering if this maybe a software solution to this sound?

• edited September 2021

@david_2017 said:

I really like the OTO Bam and was wondering if this maybe a software solution to this sound?

The OTO Bam is inspired by early digital reverb units in general whereas the ERS_250 is a specific model of the EMT 250. It’s also worth noting that the Bam has integrated Chorus for the tail of the reverb, which changes things considerably. Lexicon reverbs of the time had algorithms that chorused the tale.

All that said, the ERS_250 sounds great, especially when it’s filtered for darker reverb tails.

• edited September 2021

Cool iOS release, I got the uad emt250 last month and it’s awesome. I listened to a lot of comparisons and this is a great take on it. 250 is a reverb that just works with very little fiddling. I’ll get this one soon. Dim D too, which does a really unique thing that’s hard to describe.

With this and dim D coming out, I can see myself doing some mixes in auria again. Soon.

• Hopefully param automation will be added at some point. :)

• Anybody know if these 3 new plugins are at an intro price now or it’s the regular price? I want to get them but I’ve just spent too much cash on plugins already and the month has bearly started. And still just HAVE tho get otherdesertcities after trying it out.

• @Foleslaw said:
    Anybody know if these 3 new plugins are at an intro price now or it’s the regular price? I want to get them but I’ve just spent too much cash on plugins already and the month has bearly started. And still just HAVE tho get otherdesertcities after trying it out.

Regular price. I haven’t known of the dev to ever have sales or intro prices. He has done bundles before, and it makes sense to offer the 3 together, so maybe you might wanna see if you can save a few bucks that way. For some reason bundles take an extra day or two to appear after release.

• @Foleslaw said:
    Anybody know if these 3 new plugins are at an intro price now or it’s the regular price? I want to get them but I’ve just spent too much cash on plugins already and the month has bearly started. And still just HAVE tho get otherdesertcities after trying it out.

I don’t belive they’re an intro price. AFAIK, Christian only tends to run offers around Black Friday and Xmas is his products are all very reasonably priced. It’ only the MagicDeathEye compressors that are more premium (split revenues with the hardware manufacturer) and I think those had intro offers if memory serves right.

• @jonmoore said:

@Foleslaw said:

I don’t belive they’re an intro price. AFAIK, Christian only tends to run offers around Black Friday and Xmas is his products are all very reasonably priced. It’ only the MagicDeathEye compressors that are more premium (split revenues with the hardware manufacturer) and I think those had intro offers if memory serves right.

Cool! Be surely getting these next month.
    Thanks for the info.

• He typically has sales for Black Friday and around Christmas/New Years:

Magic Death Eye Stereo:

6144 Equalizer:

• He’s also working on this splendid looking thing

• @gusgranite said:
    He’s also working on this splendid looking thing

Skeuomorphic-design is back for good !! 😉

• @gusgranite said:
    He’s also working on this splendid looking thing

I love the look. Couldn’t find much info about it cos I didn’t see any reverbs Ian Sefchick has made. Maybe it’s a collaboration for a completely new plugin exclusively. Either way, his acid intake translates to some absolutely brilliant effects with awesome aesthetics

• I suspect it’s something to capitalise on the Magic brand. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that it’s underpinned by impulse responses gived the minimal set of controls.

• DDMF is the truth
    Must buy (when I’m not broke lol)

• Damn, this reverb sounds really good, very lush.

• ERS_250 makes a perfect partner to Pure Piano (just remember to disable the built in reverb). And with a really subtle amount of ERS_DimD (mix pot 10-15%) post the reverb, you’re really cooking.

• @jonmoore said:
    ERS_250 makes a perfect partner to Pure Piano (just remember to disable the built in reverb). And with a really subtle amount of ERS_DimD (mix pot 10-15%) post the reverb, you’re really cooking.

Ooh, I never thought to try dim D after 250- I have the UAD version of both. Thanks for the idea!!!

• @mrufino1 said:

Ooh, I never thought to try dim D after 250- I have the UAD version of both. Thanks for the idea!!!

It really is a case of less is more, but it can help an instrument sit nicely in the mix.

• Does anyone know how this compares to the blamsoft chorus (free) which says it’s in the style of dimension D? I’d assume ddmf wins but just curious…

• @Zerozerozero said:
    Does anyone know how this compares to the blamsoft chorus (free) which says it’s in the style of dimension D? I’d assume ddmf wins but just curious…

No contest. :)

• Haha. Always good to get a confirmation. Thanks!

• BF sale on. Worth it?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.