Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ERS_EchORek2 by Christian Siedschlag

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1584374254

Description:

The ERS EchORek2 analog delay plugin was originally designed and sold by Harrie Munnik and his Dutch company EmptyRoomSystems. DDMF is proud to carry on the legacy by distributing and further developing the set of ERS plugins. The “ERS EchORek2” plug-in has been developed to sound like the Binson Echorec2 delay with enhanced controls. This delay has been used on thousands of recordings worldwide. Starting from the early Pink Floyd albums, its unique sound and benign unpredictability have made it the weapon of choice of musicians who wanted to add a dreamlike, psychedelic quality to their sound. As all ERS plugins, careful study of the original schematics have led to a plugin version that leaves nothing to be desired.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 9.3
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Had to get this, thank you @White!

• edited September 2021

About to see if this is better than TH-U’s. I’m guessing yes.

• It’s pretty great sounding so far

• These Echorec things (and assuming the real ones too) are so tough to tame between not enough and too much when you’re using repeat or swell mode. It IS an improvement over the TH-U, if a little more subtle mix-wise (which is ok by me).

• If you use desktop plugins, I think Soundtoys have the best Echorec sonic signiture via Echoboy. I didn’t buy the ERS version for that reason, but I’ll pick this up on iOS as it’s a great flavour to have and DDMF plugins are great value on iOS.

• If you want to know what to expect from a Binson Echorec style delay this Abbey Road video captures it nicely. It’s all about the transients being mushed in a really pleasing and heavily saturated fashion. Does EchORek2 capture this perfectly, the answer is definitely no (both UAD and Soundtoys get far closer). But it’s a great effect that honours its inspiration well that should be judged on it’s on merits. The accompanying Abbey Road blog article is a great read too.

https://abbeyroadinstitute.nl/blog/say-pink-floyd-say-binson-echorec/

• @jonmoore said:
    If you want to know what to expect from a Binson Echorec style delay this Abbey Road video captures it nicely. It’s all about the transients being mushed in a really pleasing and heavily saturated fashion. Does EchORek2 capture this perfectly, the answer is definitely no (both UAD and Soundtoys get far closer). But it’s a great effect that honours its inspiration well that should be judged on it’s on merits. The accompanying Abbey Road blog article is a great read too.

https://abbeyroadinstitute.nl/blog/say-pink-floyd-say-binson-echorec/

Yeah this seems like a tough one to get right. This version is missing some magic, but it’s better than TH-U.

• I was working on the desktop this morning and reminded that Audiority make a really good Echorec emulation and it’s dirt cheap too. The whole of the Audiority suite is impressive and the individual plugins (if you don’t want the suite) are very competively priced. As a standalone I think the Audiority Echo T7E is the one to beat. I’m hoping that Christian manages to get EchOrek2 to nail that darker tone and the feedback repeat to be a little more badly behaved. As mentioned before, the UAD emulation and SoundToys EchoBoy have the darker devient personality down, but the Audiority Echo T7E is far more affordable and instantly Echorec (EchoBoy requires a bit of tweaking to get you there).

• @jonmoore said:
    I was working on the desktop this morning and reminded that Audiority make a really good Echorec emulation and it’s dirt cheap too. The whole of the Audiority suite is impressive and the individual plugins (if you don’t want the suite) are very competively priced. As a standalone I think the Audiority Echo T7E is the one to beat. I’m hoping that Christian manages to get EchOrek2 to nail that darker tone and the feedback repeat to be a little more badly behaved. As mentioned before, the UAD emulation and SoundToys EchoBoy have the darker devient personality down, but the Audiority Echo T7E is far more affordable and instantly Echorec (EchoBoy requires a bit of tweaking to get you there).

Ever tried out the Catalinbread echorec guitar pedal in comparison?

• edited September 2021

@oat_phipps said:

Ever tried out the Catalinbread echorec guitar pedal in comparison?

No, but I’m a big fan of the Strymon Volante Magnetic Echo Machine. Proper hardware delay that captures not only the Echorec but various other tape echos such as the Space Echo and my personal favourtite for proper dub vibes, the Echoplex.

• BF sale on. Worth it?

• edited November 2021

Definitely worth it. I was using it yesterday and discovered it pairs up beautifully with Magic Death Eye. This not only brings up the swelling nature of the echo but adds the saturated grit that’s missing when it’s used solus.

But you need to get a feel for the signal path as it's very unlike a typical digital delay. There's no documentation for the DDMF plugin but you can use this manual for the Caitlinbread pedal as it does a great job of explaining what made the original Binson Echorec tick. And the core UI elements are the same.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0370/1873/0628/files/ECHORECmanual.pdf

• is anybody experiencing a horrible delay reaction for all the push buttons ?(emt250 too)/ ios15.1

• @yaosichen said:
    is anybody experiencing a horrible delay reaction for all the push buttons ?(emt250 too)/ ios15.1

Yes. But it doesn't affect how it sounds and they're not intended for performance purposes. Annoying none-the-less.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys Not seen that behaviour myself. What host are you using when you see this behaviour?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.