Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gigging control app for iPad - mksensations extreme, Camelot pro, keystage 2?

Hi. I'm a beginner at iOS. Going to use my iPad and Roland a800 keyboard for my reggae band. Got vb3m, now need an app that I can easily set up Set lists, and individual songs as i did with my Roland fa-07 that I sold. Need to be able to set up drawbar function etc. switch between presets, use different synths, etc.

I've spent days on the net, YouTube etc, and there really isn't that much recent in depth comparison, or even explaination of what exactly each can do.

The mksensations seems to be simple to use, imports sounds, doesn't need AUM, but I'm not sure. I asked them if I could set up a 40 song setlist, with every song individual... Their support team said this to me:

"Each setlist is stored in a patch, so each patch has up to 8-setlists. You can use Program Change to switch out presets and Program Changes to switch setlist. A setlist is simply a quick way to switch between presets, so essentially, you could do what you want with just 40 presets, but the Live pads allow you to quickly switch between presets. "

Do you understand what they are saying? I'm not sure I do.

From reading, keystage is more solid then Camelot still live, but I can find very little online about keystage 2.

AUM can't do set lists as I understand it.

Opinions? Experience?

Comments

• Keystage is the way to go. Solid. Stable (after careful checking compatibility with AUs).

• Hi Voytech. What does keystage have that mksensations extreme doesn't?

• @gilbodavid said:
    Hi Voytech. What does keystage have that mksensations extreme doesn't?

Hello @gilbodavid , I'm very sorry; I missed your post. Keystage and MKSensations X, are completely different animals. KS is a pure host for livegigs, while MKSX is an app which can be host, OR can be hosted as an AU. Hope you know this already.

• @VoytecG said:
    Keystage is the way to go. Solid. Stable (after careful checking compatibility with AUs).

It it’s not universal. So Mk sensation would be a good solution for iPhone

• Just in case you are not familiar with the new updates, MKSensation also now has the new ability to host effects plugins as well as the ability to use our on Synthesis (AMP, Filter Envelope, Modwheel) applied to hosted plugins as well.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    Just in case you are not familiar with the new updates, MKSensation also now has the new ability to host effects plugins as well as the ability to use our on Synthesis (AMP, Filter Envelope, Modwheel) applied to hosted plugins as well.

Oh great!
    Any suggestions on how to integrate it with Aum?