Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead 25th Anniversary Edition - Out Now!

Comments

• @brambos said:
    No promises whatsoever, but here's proof of concept to show that HH on MacOS is technically possible. Whether it makes practical and business sense is to be investigated ;)

That's really great news, Bram. Will try it later this on my M1 Macbook Pro.

• @Pierre118 said:

@brambos said:
    No promises whatsoever, but here's proof of concept to show that HH on MacOS is technically possible. Whether it makes practical and business sense is to be investigated ;)

I haven’t released this. It’s running on my own dev systems (M1 and Intel) but required quite a few MacOS-specific adaptations before it worked correctly.

• @brambos said:

@Pierre118 said:

@brambos said:

I haven’t released this. It’s running on my own dev systems (M1 and Intel) but required quite a few MacOS-specific adaptations before it worked correctly.

Ok, was a bit too enthousiastic......Hope to see HH on MacOS soon.

• @brambos said:

Aha!!!

• @Pierre118 said:

@brambos said:

@Pierre118 said:

@brambos said:

Ok, was a bit too enthousiastic......Hope to see HH on MacOS soon.

I still need to do research before I go ahead. If it only leads to a multiplication of support requests and not to new sales I’m obviously not going ahead with it.

But at least now I have confirmed that it is technically possible :)

• @brambos I’ve used Hammerhead every day since it came out. I can’t say that about any other app / plugin / machine. x!

• @Proppa said:
    @brambos I’ve used Hammerhead every day since it came out. I can’t say that about any other app / plugin / machine. x!

That’s awesome! :)

• @brambos

Update landed on the App Store.

The drum synth parameters are now accessible within dRambo.

Thank you.

• @brambos said:

@RajahP said:

@brambos said:
    Coming soon: automating the drum synth using AU parameters...

Great.. maybe we will get to record those automations (in app)… even if it’s an IAP.

The knobs will now also send out that automation data, so if your host can record automation then Bob's your uncle.

Can’t seem to get this to work? Doesn’t seem like HH is outputting any CCs?

• @ronnieb said:

@brambos said:

@RajahP said:

@brambos said:

Great.. maybe we will get to record those automations (in app)… even if it’s an IAP.

The knobs will now also send out that automation data, so if your host can record automation then Bob's your uncle.

It's using AU Parameters, not MIDI CC.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @brambos said:

@ronnieb said:

@brambos said:

@RajahP said:

@brambos said:

Forgive my ignorance but what do the AU parameters output exactly? What is the automation data that the knobs send out if not CCs? I understand how to map HH via the au parameters but I had I assumed I could just point HH at an instance of Atom and then Atom back to HH to record the knob movement, am I way off? Lol

Have to say already having a blast just modulating the parameters in Drambo though. I had neglected the drum synth section initially but this has opened up a whole new world for me. Easily my favourite au atm, amazing work!

• @ronnieb said:

@brambos said:

@ronnieb said:

@brambos said:

@RajahP said:

@brambos said:

Forgive my ignorance but what do the AU parameters output exactly? What is the automation data that the knobs send out if not CCs? I understand how to map HH via the au parameters but I had I assumed I could just point HH at an instance of Atom and then Atom back to HH to record the knob movement, am I way off? Lol

Have to say already having a blast just modulating the parameters in Drambo though. I had neglected the drum synth section initially but this has opened up a whole new world for me. Easily my favourite au atm, amazing work!

I think you’d need to assign a cc to a parameter using something else. Like use rozeta lfo or something and then send that to HH and assign each lfo to a knob. I don’t think HH parameters are sending out cc without a third party sending cc to it. If you have Helium, you can send cc and draw automation

• edited July 2021

Surprised to find that I can’t pitch samples with HammerHead via MIDI/AU params (or in-app besides in the sequencer per step)

• There is just one feature I'd love to see added into Hammer Head as things are now.

Since all kits & projects are on device it would be really handy in 'Sounds' to have access to any sound from any of the projects that are currently on device!

I honestly find it quite quirky to copy sounds/samples between projects/kits and I do have a feeling I'm not alone...
    (Say I'd love to mix sounds from 707,727,808,909 kits into one, it's a lot of copy & paste and project swapping).

Cheers!

• Hi.
    A really important thing for me is missing in Hammerhead:
    A CC for Mute on each channel.
    Please Bram Bos can you implement this 🤲🙌

• @Samu said:
    There is just one feature I'd love to see added into Hammer Head as things are now.

Since all kits & projects are on device it would be really handy in 'Sounds' to have access to any sound from any of the projects that are currently on device!

I honestly find it quite quirky to copy sounds/samples between projects/kits and I do have a feeling I'm not alone...
    (Say I'd love to mix sounds from 707,727,808,909 kits into one, it's a lot of copy & paste and project swapping).

Cheers!

👍👍👍

• @Hkor said:
    Hi.
    A really important thing for me is missing in Hammerhead:
    A CC for Mute on each channel.
    Please Bram Bos can you implement this 🤲🙌

+1 for muting via cc

• Question re use of long(er) samples in HH..... some samples I use eg ethnic drums have long tails. They sound perfect with short decay but because I cant change the length of sample the decay settings per step have to be almost zero.

Also, when sequencing externally pitch, decay step settings in the pattern are ignored.

It would be good if the duration section included a sample length or global decay.

Anyone else finding this or have a workaround / solution?

Other than that it's a mighty fun machine and the kick and lo tom sounds I am getting from the synths are superb!

• @brambos said:

@RajahP said:

@brambos said:

So cool

• @Samu said:
    There is just one feature I'd love to see added into Hammer Head as things are now.

Cheers!

Yep! +1
    Way I see it is being able to save individual track sounds. So you could have a “kicks” folder, another with snares and so on…

• I could never make a Frankenstein kit out of all the Rolands or any other classic drum machine. It doesn’t seem right.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I could never make a Frankenstein kit out of all the Rolands or any other classic drum machine. It doesn’t seem right.

Not even if you could then use them WITH A RANDOM BUTTON?

• @tahiche said:

@Samu said:

Cheers!

Yep! +1
    Way I see it is being able to save individual track sounds. So you could have a “kicks” folder, another with snares and so on…

I am a big fan of this idea as well. I spend a lot of time jumping through hoops to get sounds into HH. That said, once they are in, it's totally FABULOUS.

• Brilliant simplicity this app. +1 on having folders for drum types.

• I’d love to be able to audition one drum sound after the other by cycling through everything in the corresponding folder. Ideally, through an in-app control that doesnt take me out of the Hammerhead interface.

• If i remember correctly Bram said it's impossible due to iOS file system limitations. Looks like it can work only with one folder at once.

• Anyway I would glad for "next sample" button. It can save some time when you're not forced to open file system every time you wanna replace loops

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I could never make a Frankenstein kit out of all the Rolands or any other classic drum machine. It doesn’t seem right.

Not even if you could then use them WITH A RANDOM BUTTON?

Ugh, my nemesis. You know, I actually tried a random button the other day. Crappy results, and I felt crappy for using it.