Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatly Pro, the pocket ghost producer

Comments

• 👏 👏 👏

• @AntoninCharvat i very much appreciate apps (and other things) that show their processes rather than a “black box”, so thank you.

• @AntoninCharvat oh wow. piano roll will be great. I still feel like some of the patterns delivered are skittery / wonky, this will be a great way to dial back / Fix some of that wonkiness. Thanks for keeping the updates coming.

• Hey everyone,

presenting a small, but pretty often required update.
    More than 150 new instrument samples, mostly pads, synths and keys.

Get the update 1.7 on AppStore:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/beatly-pro/id1550189157

Additional dev note - I'm working hard on piano roll, it's turning out really nice but there is a lot of issues I need to handle yet. It's gonna be huge and awesome, I promise! :)

Antonin

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    Hey everyone,

presenting a small, but pretty often required update.
    More than 150 new instrument samples, mostly pads, synths and keys.

Get the update 1.7 on AppStore:

Additional dev note - I'm working hard on piano roll, it's turning out really nice but there is a lot of issues I need to handle yet. It's gonna be huge and awesome, I promise! :)

Antonin

Thank you 🙏

• I made a short garden improvisation to show the new piano roll in action :)
    I think it will be ready to ship soon! Catching last few bugs!

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    I made a short garden improvisation to show the new piano roll in action :)
    I think it will be ready to ship soon! Catching last few bugs!

Do you know that the audio in your video is only in the left channel?

• @AntoninCharvat awesome. thanks for keeping this thing rockin! piano roll will be much appreciated.

• This app is pretty awesome.
    I have been liking it since the first iteration, but the new update is so great.
    The new sounds are working really well.

Amazing app and update, @AntoninCharvat

• @Simon said:

Do you know that the audio in your video is only in the left channel?

Oh you're right! I dropped my iPhone in mustard and the right speaker sounds distorted ever since, so I disabled it in system settings lol :D I didn't realize it's recorded like this...

Thanks all for your comments! I can't wait to release it!

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    Oh you're right! I dropped my iPhone in mustard

How did it taste? :-)

• @jolico said:
    Wish list:

• Host synced AuV3
    • AuV3 midi out per part
    • Long press on a part’s icon randomizes only that part
    • “Previous” & “Next” arrows for quick preset selection

Yes..👌🏼

• @Simon said:

@AntoninCharvat said:

Not great, not terrible :)

• @AntoninCharvat said:

@Simon said:

@AntoninCharvat said:

Not great, not terrible :)

Try horseradish instead 😁

• @GrimLucky said:
    Try horseradish instead 😁

Or applesauce...

• Something is coming soon...

• @AntoninCharvat said:

Something is coming soon...

👍

• Great... Bought this a few days ago... Really nice..

• Hey everyone,

just letting you know the 1.8 is out!
    Download here:

Features:
    Introducing piano roll - now you can edit any note in generated track!
    Add, move and remove notes.
    Zoom in for increased accuracy or if you're working on smaller device.
    Loop any bar so you can edit it comfortably.
    Switch between 4/4 and 3/4 time signatures for each beat within each bar.
    Clear any beat fast.

Notice: this is a breaking change for previously generated drum parts as MIDI mapping must have been changed - please regenerate your drum parts in case of any issue - sorry for inconvenience!

Have fun!

• @AntoninCharvat Did not know this app existed. Just bought it to give it a try. looks very promising.

• Awesome and getting better.
    👍

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    Hey everyone,

just letting you know the 1.8 is out!
    Download here:

Features:
    Introducing piano roll - now you can edit any note in generated track!
    Add, move and remove notes.
    Zoom in for increased accuracy or if you're working on smaller device.
    Loop any bar so you can edit it comfortably.
    Switch between 4/4 and 3/4 time signatures for each beat within each bar.
    Clear any beat fast.

Notice: this is a breaking change for previously generated drum parts as MIDI mapping must have been changed - please regenerate your drum parts in case of any issue - sorry for inconvenience!

Have fun!

Thanks.. PR looks interesting… Fold to scales would be nice…

Loving this gem..

• @AntoninCharvat So had a quick play with it. a lot of potential especially with the export midi function.

Nanostudio 2 doesn't play very well with the midi file. Cubasis 2 seems to interpret it pretty well.

I will say I am left feeling a bit underwhelmed at its chord creation for say Lo-Fi.

Since it is generative and random, would it make sense to have a setting or slider to indicate simple to complex as far as its generation goes?

• Thank you all for your support!

@TheAudioDabbler said:
    I will say I am left feeling a bit underwhelmed at its chord creation for say Lo-Fi.

The app is still in its beginning, I will implement much more features. Improvements of the algorithm is one of my top TODO list items. As of now, sorry for letting you down with Beatly...

• edited September 2021

@AntoninCharvat I think it has a lot of potential. it wasn’t a let down really, more of me having assumption of what the app could be before playing with it.

It’s a character flaw of mine.

• edited September 2021

@AntoninCharvat / anyone: got this, lovely app, building a track with it as we speak, BUT - mention has been made of swapping out the built in sounds for your own samples. Anyone worked out how to do that yet?

• @Svetlovska said:
    @AntoninCharvat / anyone: got this, lovely app, building a track with it as we speak, BUT - mention has been made of swapping out the built in sounds for your own samples. Anyone worked out how to do that yet?

Isn't that what MIDI export is for? Make your tune and export the MIDI to your DAW and use whatever sounds you like.

• edited September 2021

@Simon : no, not really. I am using the MIDI export out to create a track at the moment, works great with Atom, but I’m talking about replacing the in-app sounds with others of my choosing to play audio alongside the midi simultaneously. Specifically, I want to load up Beatly with my own weird and wonderful home brew samples, and see what it’s autogen algorithm can make of them. This is for my ‘experimental’ approach to noise making, not conventional song creation. A hack, if you will…

• edited September 2021

@Svetlovska said:
    @Simon : no, not really. I am using the MIDI export out to create a track at the moment, works great with Atom, but I’m talking about replacing the in-app sounds with others of my choosing to play audio alongside the midi simultaneously. Specifically, I want to load up Beatly with my own weird and wonderful home brew samples, and see what it’s autogen algorithm can make of them. This is for my ‘experimental’ approach to noise making, not conventional song creation. A hack, if you will…

OK. Very interesting...