Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

70 FREE Ambient/Chilled Presets for Continua Synth by Spidericemidas

Comments

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    As soon as continua dropped in price, I purchased, then I recalled this thread and dug it up for the presets. Then I thought, anyone else who just got continua might want to know about these great free patches. Cheers @Spidericemidas

Good thinking! Yeah, it’s a busy place here for sure. Threads disappear so quickly into the distant history unless they receive new comments, I think?
    You got a great bargain there with Continua’s discount at the moment. Excellent synth.

This is true. I’ve been using the search bar a lot more for this very reason.

I typically attempt to hunt down presets for any knew synth I get. I I always love a synth more when there are some extra free banks/presets floating around. It’s always an awesome bonus.

• I just bought Continua. It is so great. @Spidericemidas patch are gravy on top.Thank you very much for your work.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Hypervox said:
    Hey Spider, haven't talked to you in a while....

Regarding your symptoms, have you tried Vitamin B12 suppliments? I'm a PA sufferer myself and I often suffer the dreaded "brain fog". I read somewhere that sometimes covid treatment uses nitrus oxide, which can seriously deplete B12 levels. PA me if you need any more info...

Hey! Thanks for that suggestion. Yeah I seriously need to try something to get back in the zone again! I was being quite productive and creative up until March this year, and after that I lost the concentration and energy. Got a few pleasing potential track ideas started this year but the thought of actually digging in and constructing EQing mixing them into proper tracks just seems too much effort and I can’t focus on anything. All I can manage at the moment is just booting up random apps and tinkering but not going anywhere with them. So I’ll try your suggestion, worth a shot! Thanks very much! 🙏

Sorry to hear that Spider. You might also look into a supplement called NAC which is great for brain and lung health, and tons of other things beside. There is a lot of research on it. N Acetyl Cysteine. The cheapest way to buy it is in bulk powdered form, Amazon will have that for sure, but if you have any digestive issues you may prefer the more expensive capsules, as it is highly acidic, not advised for reflux sufferers, for example, without encapsulation. Do a bit of reading on it though, it is supposed to be great for brain fog. Good luck bro!

• @Gavinski Hey fella. Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated. I will look into it. I checked a few of your YT vids the other day, great stuff btw, I must remember to sub you! Cheers! 🙏

• @Spidericemidas said:
    @Gavinski Hey fella. Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated. I will look into it. I checked a few of your YT vids the other day, great stuff btw, I must remember to sub you! Cheers! 🙏

Thnx Spider, glad u like the channel!

• @ecou said:
    I just bought Continua. It is so great. @Spidericemidas patch are gravy on top.Thank you very much for your work.

Good purchase! It’s a deep one! There’s not many synths that allow such customisation of lfo waveforms, and I seem to remember you can also have lfos being modulated by other lfos. Enjoy!

• When I open Continua and go to “import files/zip”, I locate the zip file in AudioShare and click on it...Continua crashes every time. Any ideas anyone? @Spidericemidas

• edited January 2021

And if I try to unzip in AudioShare it won’t let me . Also tried importing directly from Dropbox, to no avail... hmmmm.

• @Kashi said:
    When I open Continua and go to “import files/zip”, I locate the zip file in AudioShare and click on it...Continua crashes every time. Any ideas anyone? @Spidericemidas

Wow that’s strange. I haven’t actually used Continua much, nor have I tried importing anything into it since testing and releasing this bank a year ago. Maybe something has since changed in Continua or in iOS itself that is affecting that import process now? At the time of release, the import method you just described was working fine. I’ll have to try it out myself later when I’m on wifi and see what happens. Curious.

• edited January 2021

Thank @Spidericemidas , I’d appreciate that. Hope you’re on the mend, health-wise. Take care

• @Kashi said:
    Thank @Spidericemidas , I’d appreciate that. Hope you’re on the mend, health-wise. Take care

Thanks! No worries, I’ll check in later with my findings.

• @Kashi said:

Interesting, and rather irritating. I’m getting the same crashing when I try to import the bank. Complete app shutdown when selecting the file to import. I seem to remember some time mid last year that Continua received an update to improve the behaviour and navigation of the banks/presets menu system, and I also notice now that the side bar with import/export options is possibly not exactly as I seem to remember it on the original UI. I hadn’t used Continua much at all since releasing the bank.

Conclusion: as usual something on an app or iOS has been updated...and broken something else that was previously working fine. Or, maybe I’m totally wrong, and maybe the import method has changed or something like that?

• edited January 2021

@Spidericemidas said:

@Kashi said:

Ok so even more interesting. I just tried something as a test. I created a new test folder in Continua and added a couple of quick presets to it. Then I saved it to dropbox via the export option from Continua. Then I deleted the folder from Continua, closed the app and reopened it up. Then I pressed import zip on Continua and pointed Continua at the dropbox zip test file. I got the instant crash and shutdown from Continua when selecting the zip to import. BUT...when I opened Continua up again after the crash, my test bank with its contents had actually been imported! Strange.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I also completely ignored audioshare in this process. I imported directly from the zip I’d saved in dropbox. As I say, Continua crashed on import, but the test folder was there when I opened up Continua again. Try it that way and check to see if the spidericemidas folder appears in the “user” folder in Continua.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Kashi said:

Interesting, and rather irritating. I’m getting the same crashing when I try to import the bank. Complete app shutdown when selecting the file to import. I seem to remember some time mid last year that Continua received an update to improve the behaviour and navigation of the banks/presets menu system, and I also notice now that the side bar with import/export options is possibly not exactly as I seem to remember it on the original UI. I hadn’t used Continua much at all since releasing the bank.

Conclusion: as usual something on an app or iOS has been updated...and broken something else that was previously working fine. Or, maybe I’m totally wrong, and maybe the import method has changed or something like that?

That’s really odd I bought it and loaded your presets, when it was on sale around Black Friday.

• @Spidericemidas i just checked the app was updated 8months ago, so that doesn’t make sense to me... I did it less than 2 months ago...

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Kashi said:

Ok so even more interesting. I just tried something as a test. I created a new test folder in Continua and added a couple of quick presets to it. Then I saved it to dropbox via the export option from Continua. Then I deleted the folder from Continua, closed the app and reopened it up. Then I pressed import zip on Continua and pointed Continua at the dropbox zip test file. I got the instant crash and shutdown from Continua when selecting the zip to import. BUT...when I opened Continua up again after the crash, my test bank with its contents had actually been imported! Strange.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I also completely ignored audioshare in this process. I imported directly from the zip I’d saved in dropbox. As I say, Continua crashed on import, but the test folder was there when I opened up Continua again. Try it that way and check to see if the spidericemidas folder appears in the “user” folder in Continua.

Yes I think I recall it crashed my Continua, but upon reopening everything was fine. And yes the bank shows up as it’s own bank but inside user presets. So problem solved. Cheers!

• @Spidericemidas @Poppadocrock Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately I’m not getting that same inexplicable good fortune! Continua crashes every time, and when I reopen it there’s nothing new in any of the preset folders; have checked factory, user and artist....nothing :(

• Edit: I forgot to mention, I also completely ignored audioshare in this process. I imported directly from the zip I’d saved in dropbox. As I say, Continua crashed on import, but the test folder was there when I opened up Continua again. Try it that way and check to see if the spidericemidas folder appears in the “user” folder in Continua.

Tried that too @Spidericemidas but still no joy...

• @Kashi said:
    @Spidericemidas @Poppadocrock Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately I’m not getting that same inexplicable good fortune! Continua crashes every time, and when I reopen it there’s nothing new in any of the preset folders; have checked factory, user and artist....nothing :(

This is most curious. I don’t recall the crashing thing happening at the time a year ago when I was testing the bank export/import function before releasing it here. If it was behaving like this a year ago, I would not have bothered to release the bank as I would have viewed it as being too iffy and potentially frustrating for people to obtain.

Strange. Even though my Continua is crashing now on import, the test bank is still finding its way into Continua’s library.

I am at a loss to explain this anomaly 🤔

• @Spidericemidas said:
    I am at a loss to explain this anomaly 🤔

I appreciate the refund provided equal to the amount I spent. I will use those funds
    to procure your presets for Kronecker, Magellan, Mitas synth, etc. Debt paid.

• edited January 2021

@McD @Poppadocrock @Kashi Here is the vid Doug made 11 months ago to demo this Continua bank when it was first released. The import process is demonstrated at 1min 10sec into the vid. Slightly different to how I remembered it, but it was 11 months ago! This was before the last update was issued for Continua. Interesting how the menu for importing looks completely different to how it does now, and no crashing on the import either! 🤔

• @Spidericemidas MATE! How go things sir!

• @echoopera said:
    @Spidericemidas MATE! How go things sir!

Hey fella! 😃 Fine fine, thanks. Busy as usual with work, reading and dabbling on the iPad. Not enough hours in the day! How’s it going there, my friend?

• When I downloaded this file, it seemed to contain Nave presets, rather than Continua. The only file is a .navebank file. Am I missing something? Really hoping to get the Continua presets if anyone has them or can let me know what I'm doing wrong.

• @insight said:
    When I downloaded this file, it seemed to contain Nave presets, rather than Continua. The only file is a .navebank file. Am I missing something? Really hoping to get the Continua presets if anyone has them or can let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Hey. Don’t worry, it’s not you. It was me! 🤦‍♂️

I recently made a Nave bank and somehow the Continua bank got overwtitten with the Nave bank in my Dropbox 🙄

This thread has gone way beyond the editable time period. So for you and anyone else yet to download the pack, here’s a fresh link which should take you to the right place.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/th7nzju0z2xho1y/Spidericemidas.zip?dl=0

I’ve had some reports of crashing on import, but it works after a few attempts. This seems to have started occuring after an old update to Continua, but it does work eventually.

Cheers and sorry for the confusion! 🕷🙏

• Awesome, thanks a bunch

• @Spidericemidas, are you planning to share the Nave bank anytime soon? 🤗

• @Spidericemidas just bought Continua just to have your presets. Cool app, cool presets.

• @TheAudioDabbler said:
    @Spidericemidas just bought Continua just to have your presets. Cool app, cool presets.

I thought for a split second this was a new thread, got so excited for 1.5 seconds, lol… even though it’s not, @Spidericemidas presets in Continua are amazing and I’ve used them plenty of times. Must have for any Continua owners. Pads and plucks.