Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred Questions

Comments

• Yes. Moforte has said you should do the IAP upgrade if you have play or control instead buying pro separately, because iOS views them as the same app or something like that.

• @FriedTapeworm said:

@ervin said:
    Can all three GS versions - Pro, Play, Control - be used to control the (non-geo) SWAM instruments? If not, which versions cannot? Thanks for the answer in advance.

Pro and control can control SWAM instruments. Play allows you to use internal GeoShred sounds only. Control is all the GeoShred controller capabilities without the GeoShred sound engine.

Thank you! 🙏

• @FriedTapeworm said:

@ervin said:
    Can all three GS versions - Pro, Play, Control - be used to control the (non-geo) SWAM instruments? If not, which versions cannot? Thanks for the answer in advance.

Pro and control can control SWAM instruments. Play allows you to use internal GeoShred sounds only. Control is all the GeoShred controller capabilities without the GeoShred sound engine.

I gave up on using GS to control SWAM back in March. Velocity kb works better for me. That said, they may have fixed the problems since I last tried it.

• For me GS crashes once, then works after that; but it literally crashes every time I connect it to a SWAM app the first time of a session.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@FriedTapeworm said:

@ervin said:

I gave up on using GS to control SWAM back in March. Velocity kb works better for me. That said, they may have fixed the problems since I last tried it.

Thanks for the info!

• Will Geoshred ever be available on a MacBook M1? Did MoForte say anything about that at any point?

• @emotimon said:
    Will Geoshred ever be available on a MacBook M1? Did MoForte say anything about that at any point?

We are looking at doing something for the mac early next year. it's not likely to be simply running the app on an M1 Mac. There are lots of challenges with that. We are looking at doing a native AU.

• edited June 2021

@ervin said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@FriedTapeworm said:

@ervin said:

Thanks for the info!

We did a major bug release about 2 weeks ago that should address this. 5.909.2. If you are still having challenges, please reach out to us ([email protected]) and we can assist you.

Here is a list of what was fixed in 5.909.2:

Fixes

• GeoViolin tuning is improved
    • Redesigned Layout algorithm for AUv3 Windows.
    • Layout improved for international iPhone X
    • Issue with some iPad pros mistaken for phone layout fixed
    • Improvements to Legato behavior
    • Stuck notes with GeoShred Controlling the SWAM Brass
    • Cut off notes with GeoShred Controlling the SWAM strings
    • Vibrato lost on notes for the GeoSWAM strings
    • Madhayama tuning control is improved
    • MIDI In always comes back from background mode
    • Course tuning is now correctly saved for presets
    • Many edge cases for global tuning fixed.
    • Poly Mode stuck note when sliding from one string to another for MIDI Out
    • Swam Instrument finger vibrato presets working correctly when recorded.
    • Global Diatonic Keyboard setting improved
    • Backing track playback improved
    • Stuck notes from Seaboard for GeoSWAM instruments.

GeoShred 5.909.2 6fe26a2a5d

• edited June 2021

Hey @moForte I’ve got a question, why aren’t the parameters for the expression controls exposed?

I’m trying to figure out how to use an iPhone (with Rozeta XY in AUM) to control Geoshreds XY expression box over Bluetooth. So far, the pitch bend and vibrato controls are automatically assigned. Can’t for the life of me figure out the XY mapping. Any help?

Never mind I’ve figured it out. Found the midi learn settings under “Control Surface”. And got it working!

• Hoping for some assistance….

I keep having issues with geo-cello in Geo Pro, has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? In standalone so far haven’t tried with Au just yet. I am on iOS 14.7.1

All of my Geo Swam Instuments work except for the Geo cello. After a restore purchases, it downloads content, finishes, then stays on that screen, I then hit the close button to exit that page, it says it could still be downloading are you sure, but it said it had finished. I select ok, to leave, (tried other way too) and go back to the instrument. it then says that either a third-party application or Apple removed it possibly due to storage capacity I have at least 5 GB open while not a lot should be enough for that. If anyone knows what might be happening or why or of a know issue I would greatly appreciate any input. As mentioned I tried, restore, turned off and on, haven’t deleted and reinstalled app yet… wanted to see about any answers or help from “the field” before I went that route… thanks.

• Hiya, nothing from me I’m afraid. Have done exactly as you have many times without any problems. Does sound like space even though as you say it should be enough. Good luck.

• @GeoTony said:
    Hiya, nothing from me I’m afraid. Have done exactly as you have many times without any problems. Does sound like space even though as you say it should be enough. Good luck.

Thanks for trying.

• @FriedTapeworm said:
    For me GS crashes once, then works after that; but it literally crashes every time I connect it to a SWAM app the first time of a session.

Most likely you are running iOS 14.2. If you are running iOS 14.2, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of iOS because there is a serious bug with MIDI in iOS 14.2.   Here you can see a video of GeoShred crashing for me on iOS 14.2, and then after I upgraded to iOS 14.4 the crash goes away. 

If that is not the issue, please reach out to us directly ([email protected])

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Hoping for some assistance….

I keep having issues with geo-cello in Geo Pro, has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? In standalone so far haven’t tried with Au just yet. I am on iOS 14.7.1

All of my Geo Swam Instuments work except for the Geo cello. After a restore purchases, it downloads content, finishes, then stays on that screen, I then hit the close button to exit that page, it says it could still be downloading are you sure, but it said it had finished. I select ok, to leave, (tried other way too) and go back to the instrument. it then says that either a third-party application or Apple removed it possibly due to storage capacity I have at least 5 GB open while not a lot should be enough for that. If anyone knows what might be happening or why or of a know issue I would greatly appreciate any input. As mentioned I tried, restore, turned off and on, haven’t deleted and reinstalled app yet… wanted to see about any answers or help from “the field” before I went that route… thanks.

What you are reporting usually means that there was a partial download from Apple for the assets for the GeoSWAM Instruments.  I'm thinking you should do a clean install.  Can you: 

• Delete all GeoShreds from your device (save your personal presets to iCloud with "Menu> Files")  If you have multiple GeoShreds (Play and Pro) that can cause problems. 

• Reboot your device.  Sometimes, Apple's StoreKit becomes corrupted.  StoreKit is used by all Apps to download in-app-purchases.   Rebooting usually resets it. 

• If you are running iOS 14.2, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of iOS because there is a serious bug with MIDI in iOS 14.2.   Here you can see a video of GeoShred crashing for me on iOS 14.2, and then after I upgraded to iOS 14.4 the crash goes away. 
    • Install GeoShred from scratch from the iTunes App Store

• Go "Menu> Store" and tap on "Restore Purchases". IMPORTANT: Be sure to watch the status window at the top to make sure that the downloads have fully completed before tapping the close button.

• If this does not solve the problem, then can you send me a device/log report by going to "Menu> Help> Report Problem> Send a detailed report"  This will setup an email using the Apple email client that you can send to me.   IF you don't use the Apple email client it will also save the userReport.zip in "Menu> Files"  You can use "Menu> Files> Export to export it to iCloud and you can sen it from there.

Also  you can verify your in-app-purchases with Apple by looking at: 
https://finance-app.itunes.apple.com/purchases

• I wish the GeoShred Effects chain could be loaded into an AUv3 FX slot.

• @moForte - what does the "collection 2" iap in Geoshred include?

• @ervin said:
    @moForte - what does the "collection 2" iap in Geoshred include?

GeoTrumpet, GeoBassTrombone, GeoBassFlute and GeoViola. Mid Oct

• @moForte said:

@ervin said:

The more modeled instruments the better! I'm sure you don't divulge future releases, but modeled electric and acoustic guitars with some way to switch back and forth between strumming and picking modes would be my personal holy grail for a guitar app. I've only seen one app which did a fairly decent job of it so far and that app no longer works on any modern iPad (it was called Pearl Guitar). With your innovative spirit at your company, I'm confident you folks would be able to figure it out and make a real performance instrument worthy of the brand.

• @moForte said:

@ervin said:

Thank you.

• edited November 2021

@NeuM said:

@moForte said:

@ervin said:

The more modeled instruments the better! I'm sure you don't divulge future releases, but modeled electric and acoustic guitars with some way to switch back and forth between strumming and picking modes would be my personal holy grail for a guitar app. I've only seen one app which did a fairly decent job of it so far and that app no longer works on any modern iPad (it was called Pearl Guitar). With your innovative spirit at your company, I'm confident you folks would be able to figure it out and make a real performance instrument worthy of the brand.

Around Nov 9 for GeoSWAM II ( GeoTrumpet, GeoBassTrombone, GeoBassFlute and GeoViola )

• edited November 2021

GeoShred Play will be free for Diwali:

Happy Diwali, In celebration of Diwali, GeoShred Play will be free until Nov 18, 2021.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/geoshred-play/id1227932062

GeoShred Play is a preset player for GeoShred Presets. GeoShred Play is a great way to get started with GeoShred, and it can upgraded to include the GeoSWAM instruments, It can also be upgraded to the full functionality of GeoShred Pro including MIDI/MPE, AUv3 Plugin and iCloud support. iOS 11.4 or greater is required.

GeoSWAM Instrument Upgrade

The GeoSWAM Instruments are beautifully inspired physically modeled instruments, including GeoViolin, GeoFlute, GeoTenorSax, GeoCello, GeoClarinet, and GeoOboe, all powered by Audio Modeling's SWAM technology. These instruments are available as In-App-Purchases (IAPs), for $14.99USD**
    The GeoSWAM instruments are awesome to play from GeoShred's isomorphic keyboard, and you can also play them from other expressive MPE controllers like the LinnStrument or the Roli Seaboard.

**Note that Apple sets the local territory price for IAPs, and may add additional local charges.

• That’s smart. Get people familiar with the instrument, then offer paid instrument upgrades.

• GeoShred/GeoSWAM Cyber Monday Specials

GeoSWAM Collection II - Our new collection of 5 instruments: GeoTrumpet, GeoBassTrombone, GeoBassFlute, GeoViola and GeoPizzBass. Normally priced at $59.99USD, Collection II is discounted to $49.99USD, a 33% discount off the individual cost.

GeoSWAM Collection I - The classic collection of 6 instruments: GeoViolin, GeoTenorSax, GeoFlute, GeoCello, GeoClarinet, GeoOboe. Normally priced at $74.99USD, Collection I is discounted to $59.99USD, a 33% discount off the individual cost.

GeoSWAM Collection I + II - Both Collections 11 instruments: GeoViolin, GeoTenorSax, GeoFlute, GeoCello, GeoClarinet, GeoOboe, GeoTrumpet, GeoBassTrombone, GeoBassFlute, GeoViola and GeoPizzBass. Normally priced at $119.99USD Collection I + II is discounted to $109.99USD, a 33% discount off the individual cost.

GeoShred Pro - Normally priced at $24.99USD is discounted to $14.99USD, a 40% discount.

GeoShred Play - Our entry level product can be upgraded to Pro and can be used purchase the GeoSWAM instruments, is available FREE OF CHARGE.

**Note that Apple sets the local territory price and may add additional local charges such as VAT, GST.

• edited February 2022

@moForte I started using geoshred on my iPhone 8 now but I noticed the keyboard has a very annoying dead zone in the lowest row of „keys“… only the top half of these keys are active and will trigger a note. But then if I keep the note pressed I can pull the cursor down into the dead zone so it can’t be a problem with the touch display or iOS… anybody else having this problem?

• @dobbs said:
    @moForte I started using geoshred on my iPhone 8 now but I noticed the keyboard has a very annoying dead zone in the lowest row of „keys“… only the top half of these keys are active and will trigger a note. But then if I keep the note pressed I can pull the cursor down into the dead zone so it can’t be a problem with the touch display or iOS… anybody else having this problem?

I have a similar issue on ipad, where the AUM transport conceals part of the bottom row.

• edited February 2022

Just to clarify, so far I was talking about the standalone version, and only on the iphone 8. in the AU version in AUM or on the tablet I don’t have the problem.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@dobbs said:

I have a similar issue on ipad, where the AUM transport conceals part of the bottom row.

Same issue in GarageBand.

• Isn't it due to the "home bar" ? Even if the iPhone 8 has no home bar per se (ie. home button instead), maybe iOS 15 handles a kind of "invisible" home bar which interfers with the bottom of the screen.
    I have also the problem on my M1 iPad but only near the bottom center, where the task bar may appear.
    Do you have the issue also on the left or right ? Or only in the middle of the screen ?

• Given GeoShred's guitar origins I'm trying not to buy separate guitar voices, so:

• Is it possible to make reasonably clean bass guitar voices in GeoShred?
    • How about acoustic or electric lead, but not drowned in Fx?
    • Is there any way to share settings like the above?