Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Production tuition.

I'm looking to start tuition again.
I need a couple of students to begin with so if anyone is interested
in audio production techniques from composition through to Mastering?

Send me a message.

Comments

• Oh yes.

Free of charge.

If there is enough interest I may start a Patreon or something similar.

• What kind of format do you have in mind?
    Is it doable over Skype or similar?
    I’d definitely like to see / learn more about your approach to composition, in general as well as genre oriented.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    What kind of format do you have in mind?

In regards to format?
    I could make it very structured but as many here already have a background in music making
    I was thinking that when it's one to one it could be very in-depth or quite broad
    and when it's a group I can make it more focused on a particular part of the process.
    As I encourage creativity then the lesson/s could head of in other directions.

Is it doable over Skype or similar?

It's doable over Skype, FaceTime and Zoom.

I’d definitely like to see / learn more about your approach to composition, in general as well as genre oriented.

Cool.

• Would be very interested, I’m just not sure of time frame yet of my availability. I’ve always appreciated your skills, openness, humbleness, and kindness on this forum.

• @mjcouche said:
    Would be very interested, I’m just not sure of time frame yet of my availability.

Cool.
    I'm always here so we could find the time.

I’ve always appreciated your skills, openness, humbleness, and kindness on this forum.

Thank you. 🙏🏽

• I would be interested in this, too - what a generous idea to share your knowledge. 🎖️

• @ervin said:
    I would be interested in this, too - what a generous idea to share your knowledge. 🎖️

Okay cool.

• Interested in this too @Gravitas. The patreon thing is good. I’ve started learning modular music some months ago and if it wasn’t for Omri Cohen patreon now I would be yet at 0 level😂

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Interested in this too @Gravitas.

Cool.

The patreon thing is good.

I do have a dormant Patreon which I haven't ever used.
    I'm going to explore and shape it over the next couple of months for sure.

I’ve started learning modular music some months ago and if it wasn’t for Omri Cohen patreon now I would be yet at 0 level😂

That's me and dRambo. 🤩

• 1st lesson today.

Very happy.

• @Gravitas said:

I didn't know "tuition" had a second meaning in the dictionary:

2 : the act or profession of teaching.

I've never heard it used before in that context. In the US, we'd probably say:

I'm looking to start teaching again but the dictionary shows they are synonyms. I didn't
    pay enough attention to my tuitioners. Regrets, I've had a few.

• @McD said:

@Gravitas said:

I didn't know "tuition" had a second meaning in the dictionary:

2 : the act or profession of teaching.

I've never heard it used before in that context. In the US, we'd probably say:

I'm looking to start teaching again but the dictionary shows they are synonyms. I didn't
    pay enough attention to my tuitioners. Regrets, I've had a few.

It doesn't have a second meaning.
    When teaching? I become a student again.

• Tuition is what a tutor does. You can receive tuition, but it’s the tutor doing it...

• What a great idea. I usualy spend more time in mixing and mastering than I do on the creative aspect of music production and sometimes this gets frustrating. Eager to learn, thanks for the offer. Will DM

• edited August 2021

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Tuition is what a tutor does. You can receive tuition, but it’s the tutor doing it...

Using the actual definition my usage was incorrect.

Still, from my perspective my philosophy remains the same.

A teacher is always a student as is one day a student will become a teacher.

As a student one receives tuition.
    As a teacher one transmits.

Communication, teaching, learning is a two way process.

Much like Music.

• @Bob said:
    What a great idea. I usualy spend more time in mixing and mastering than I do on the creative aspect of music production and sometimes this gets frustrating. Eager to learn, thanks for the offer. Will DM

Cool.

• I had my first lesson yesterday and it went very well! Looking forward to my next one. @Gravitas is very personable with the heart of a teacher!

• This sounds interesting, I’m great at noodling but composition is always tricky...

• @Sawiton said:
    I had my first lesson yesterday and it went very well! Looking forward to my next one. @Gravitas is very personable with the heart of a teacher!

🙏🏾

@Krupa said:
    This sounds interesting, I’m great at noodling but composition is always tricky...

Composition is a relative term.
    A one bar loop can be a composition for instance.

If you’re interested give me a holla.

• Thanks Gravitas, I might do, though I might just need to focus on the task for longer than an hour or two, I seem to be a bit attention shy at the moment. One strategy I’m building up is to load a video timeline with clips from my archive that reflect what mood I’m hoping to get from a particular tune, I’ll do a rough arrangement of those and see if that inspires me to join stuff together more, and develop it in ways beyond where I currently do...

• edited August 2021

@Krupa said:
    Thanks Gravitas, I might do, though I might just need to focus on the task for longer than an hour or two, I seem to be a bit attention shy at the moment. One strategy I’m building up is to load a video timeline with clips from my archive that reflect what mood I’m hoping to get from a particular tune, I’ll do a rough arrangement of those and see if that inspires me to join stuff together more, and develop it in ways beyond where I currently do...

That’s a good approach to take.

I’ve used that approach before when scoring for dance and film.
    The visuals are there first and then the music starts to take shape from the visuals.

• @Gravitas said:

@Krupa said:
    Thanks Gravitas, I might do, though I might just need to focus on the task for longer than an hour or two, I seem to be a bit attention shy at the moment. One strategy I’m building up is to load a video timeline with clips from my archive that reflect what mood I’m hoping to get from a particular tune, I’ll do a rough arrangement of those and see if that inspires me to join stuff together more, and develop it in ways beyond where I currently do...

The visuals are there first and then the music starts to take shape from the visuals.

What’s funny about it is that, as an animator, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve insisted a client lock their sound bed before I even block out an animatic 😆

I suppose to some extent, this is what I’m doing with this technique, just laying an arbitrary sectioning down so that I can focus on the momentary change, rather than get intimidated or just blinded by the big picture...

• @Krupa said:

@Gravitas said:

@Krupa said:

What’s funny about it is that, as an animator, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve insisted a client lock their sound bed before I even block out an animatic 😆

Lolololol….

Yeah, I hear you from that perspective as well.
    Currently doing an off the cuff music video.
    The client started talking about the music video before the track is finished.
    Well,… myself also so I had to make sure that nothing
    was going to change vocally before we started filming.

I suppose to some extent, this is what I’m doing with this technique, just laying an arbitrary sectioning down so that I can focus on the momentary change, rather than get intimidated or just blinded by the big picture...

I agree.
    It can become overwhelming.

• Fabulous idea, would your tution cover performing live?

• @Toastedghost said:
    Fabulous idea, would your tution cover performing live?

Yup, why not.

I’m a performing musician alongside everything else and
    I teach drums, percussion, guitar, bass guitar, keyboards and
    vocals at different skill levels.

• Quick update.

After the first week?

It’s going wonderfully.

• Yesterday I had my first session and it was a wonderful experience. He is a very open creative mind and seems to have explored a lot of genres. I think he has a rich musical vocabulary and he gave me a lot of inspiration. I’ll definitely continue. Thank you so much 🙏

• @krassmann said:
    Yesterday I had my first session and it was a wonderful experience. He is a very open creative mind and seems to have explored a lot of genres. I think he has a rich musical vocabulary and he gave me a lot of inspiration. I’ll definitely continue. Thank you so much 🙏

🙏🏾

• Quick update.

I have a couple of regular students now.

We've been getting to know each other.

They are really cool.
    I'm thoroughly enjoying it.