Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

External HD for iPad

2»

Comments

• I don't jailbreak my devices but I recall reading that jailbreaking was the only way to use SD cards/CCK on iOS for files other than photos. But my recall is not what it used to be...

My off-device wireless storage solution is the SanDisk Wireless Flash drive. Plug into the PC as a regular USB flash drive, load and unload as needed. Turn on its wifi server and launch the SanDisk app on iOS device and...Ta-da...64 GB of storage available. Works pretty much like Dropbox where you can either download or stream various types of music and movie files. Of course, wifi data transfer speeds and using one file at a time are the major drawbacks with this method.

• Just a thought...but could apps use AirDrop to send Midi, Audio files to and from our iDevices, I know it would be Mac OSX only but is it possible, or would it be cumbersome? Maybe one for developers.

• I was transferring some videos from a memory stick to an iPad (using Apotop + app) and it was taking forever until I plugged the iPad on to charge. Suddenly the transfer was really fast. Haven't tried to see if this is the same with audio yet.

• 16GB of internal storage is not the right option for musicians IMHO. There are 128GB iPhones and iPads now if you want storage. They cost a lot more, of course but at least they are available if you have the funds.

• edited December 2014

Has anyone tried Macally WIFISD?
    http://www.amazon.com/Macally-Mobile-Wireless-Storage-WIFISD/dp/B00BMQ3KUI/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

Apparently it can send/retrieve audio files? There is an app for it, wifiStor that makes it communicate between them...

@Munibeast, I should have known better...

• edited December 2014

my personal solution is a simple file server (computer). All my iDevices don't have more than 16GB. No problem at all since years. But I'm interested in one of those mobile hubs/drives for mobile use.

• @Phil999 said:

my personal solution is a simple file server (computer). All my iDevices don't have more than 16GB. No problem at all since years. But I'm interested in one of those mobile hubs/drives for mobile use.

That's what I do now too, I am on PC....would be nice just to have that MacAlly sitting near by...

• If you think 16GB isn't enough, perhaps try factory resetting and then make sure you only redownload what you really need/want. I did this recently and I'm finding it's really not bad at all. But I don't sync pictures, movies or music to my iPad, it's really just a music making device to me at this point. Also, if you have an iPhone you can swap files back and forth via AirDrop as you need them.

• Same here and I use the ipad only for music. Only selected app manuals...

I asked owners of MacAlly WIFISD about audio files and yes it can move them </> and it also makes its own WI-FI frequency to communicate with ipad, so no network needed.
    Seems ideal for what I need. ;-)