Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

looping daw

i'm not sure if this exists or not but im looking for a DAW that is more sample based and handles looping well much like ableton does....I have a ton of loops that i would like to piece together to make complete tracks. I would like to be able to load the sample and stretch it to make the loop plays over and over, is there an ipad daw that would handle this well? I have tried to do this with cusbasis but it was a bit of a disaster....I thought maybe , perhaps one of the less known apps might be able to do this. I knew if it did exist you good people would know

Comments

• @jdolecek49 said:
    i'm not sure if this exists or not but im looking for a DAW that is more sample based and handles looping well much like ableton does....I have a ton of loops that i would like to piece together to make complete tracks. I would like to be able to load the sample and stretch it to make the loop plays over and over, is there an ipad daw that would handle this well? I have tried to do this with cusbasis but it was a bit of a disaster....I thought maybe , perhaps one of the less known apps might be able to do this. I knew if it did exist you good people would know

In what way was it a disaster in Cubasis for you? Knowing that would help advise you. Zenbeats might be the DAW that has the most in common with Live but if isn't Live nor is it trying to be.

Do you own any other iOS DAWs?

• edited July 2021

From what I’ve seen in the official thread, Loopy Pro will do a lot of what you’re looking for. Still a few months out unfortunately but keep your eyes open!

In the meantime, have you checked GarageBand? It has Live Loops, which is an Ableton-esque interface, and the traditional sequencer layout lets you loop tracks for a set amount of time (e.g. if you have a one-bar loop in an eight-bar section, you can tell it to loop for seven bars and cut out for the last one). It supports both audio and MIDI and is super underrated IMO.

• I think Loopy Pro is a little different from Ableton Live, as it’s audio only. Not sure there’s really anything that close to Live, but Loopy Pro would probably be a good fit for audio only.

• @espiegel123 said:

@jdolecek49 said:

In what way was it a disaster in Cubasis for you? Knowing that would help advise you. Zenbeats might be the DAW that has the most in common with Live but if isn't Live nor is it trying to be.

I want a daw where i ca use my existing loops to piece together a song

• @jrjulius said:
    From what I’ve seen in the official thread, Loopy Pro will do a lot of what you’re looking for. Still a few months out unfortunately but keep your eyes open!

In the meantime, have you checked GarageBand? It has Live Loops, which is an Ableton-esque interface, and the traditional sequencer layout lets you loop tracks for a set amount of time (e.g. if you have a one-bar loop in an eight-bar section, you can tell it to loop for seven bars and cut out for the last one). It supports both audio and MIDI and is super underrated IMO.

can i import my loops into garageband?

• @michael_m said:
    I think Loopy Pro is a little different from Ableton Live, as it’s audio only. Not sure there’s really anything that close to Live, but Loopy Pro would probably be a good fit for audio only.

loopy pro is ist it just live looping? i wanted a dae where i can piece together complete songs

• is loop HD the same thing as Loopy Pro?

• edited July 2021

@jdolecek49 @michael_m: @jrjulius is referring to the still unreleased Loopy Pro, which will have support for MIDI and sequencing beyond loops. Thread here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37748/while-were-all-cooped-up-inside-herere-some-loopy-pro-updates/

• @jdolecek49 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jdolecek49 said:

You didn't answer the part about on what ways Cubasis didnt work for you.

• @jdolecek49 said:

@jrjulius said:

can i import my loops into garageband?

Yes. Do a web search "garageband live loops"

• @jdolecek49 said:
    is loop HD the same thing as Loopy Pro?

No ,it hasn't been on beta yet , but definitely check ZenBeats ,I'm surprised that noone mentioned it.
    I think the free version supports importing audio ,
    you can set the loop start/end points , cue , fade in/out , bpm , pitch shift :)

• @espiegel123 said:

@jdolecek49 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jdolecek49 said:

my apologies, sometimes i get lost in posts....one of my big problems just for starters is i'm trying to find an easy wat to get 6 gigs of samples onto my ipad.I have tried using my files app and icloud but i'm on dsl which has a very slow upload rate, so i'm struggling there....i tried cubasis once before and stretching a loop did not work but i had an issues copy and pasting because the loops did not link perfectly, that is why i wish i could stretch a loop like i can in ableton

• @Korakios said:

@jdolecek49 said:

No ,it hasn't been on beta yet , but definitely check ZenBeats ,I'm surprised that noone mentioned it.

[pssst: someone else mentioned it :) ]

• @Korakios said:

@jdolecek49 said:

you can set the loop start/end points , cue , fade in/out , bpm , pitch shift :)

I thought per its name that zenbeats was a drum app

• @jdolecek49 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jdolecek49 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jdolecek49 said:

my apologies, sometimes i get lost in posts....one of my big problems just for starters is i'm trying to find an easy wat to get 6 gigs of samples onto my ipad.I have tried using my files app and icloud but i'm on dsl which has a very slow upload rate, so i'm struggling there....i tried cubasis once before and stretching a loop did not work but i had an issues copy and pasting because the loops did not link perfectly, that is why i wish i could stretch a loop like i can in ableton

Cubasis does time-stretching. Have you looked at the instructions for using it?

Getting your 6 gigs of samples onto your iPad is kind of DAW independent. What platform is your desktop? If you have a Mac, you dont need to do it via iCloud. You can use AirDrop or share the files directly...Files app can mount shared volumes for direct access.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Korakios said:

@jdolecek49 said:

[pssst: someone else mentioned it :) ]

Sorry , I missed it :*

@jdolecek49 said:

@Korakios said:

@jdolecek49 said:

I thought per its name that zenbeats was a drum app

Nope ,its full DAW , (currently the best for iOS in my opinion) ,
    download it now since the basic version is free and you can try it yourself :)

• Zenbeats +1.
    Overall best DAW for me. Full featured, packed with sounds and one of the best drum sequencers. Most importantly it has a both linear and a great clip based mode.

• Live Loops in GarageBand is surprisingly good. Almost good enough to get me past my weird dislike of GarageBand.

Zenbeats is great and not hard for me to like at all.

• Zenbeats, no question

• Have you had a look at Launchpad or Remix Live? They are both dedicated loop launchers.

• edited July 2021

except zenbeats (i have no experience using) the most advanced possibilities for working with loops in N-track studio pro. If by stretching you mean repeating the loop by pulling its edge this is also possible

• edited July 2021

Sample based? Handles loops well? Stretching? Sounds like a job for Beatmaker 3. But it is a CPU hog and you have to hit save very often or it will crash. However if you can get past these shortcomings, it will serve you very well. These are just the facts.

• AUM is your man...loops, speeds, offsets, effects, it does everything through the file player option...check it out...there’s none better....

• From what I know, agreed on Zenbeats too. Garageband could work too as mentioned.
    But although it's not perfect, I would go with @db909 and suggest BM3, which has an awesome sample editor if you ever import it and see it needs adjusting

• I don't think BM3 supports long samples for looping without workarounds

• edited July 2021

Another thing I love about Zenebats is its time stretching quality and ease of use. Drop whatever loop and it snaps to time without any noticeable sound degradation. You can also preview loops in time with the project from the browser which is incredibly handy. Oh and you can also pitch loops and files, I actually use it as an octaver for guitar tracks and it sounds great.