Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

First concert in a long time tomorrow! Who else is getting back out there?

Performing with UDAGAN (https://UDAGANuniverse.com) at a fringe festival in Sheffield tomorrow! Bit scary with the numbers going on at the moment but we've been unable to practice our profession for so long that it's a really good feeling to be getting out to perform music we've worked hard developing in a great venue to an appreciative audience, and really just start rebuilding our careers after years of unexpected creative development!

I'm playing electric guitars (in a kind of fingerstyle way) while operating drum machines and a semi-modular rig with a mix of hands on and floor controls. Saydyy is performing vocals and khomus (Sakha ethnic mouth harp instrument). This is the equipment I'm performing with:

Anyone else got anything lined up?

Comments

• good luck, Oscar.

• edited July 2021

Get ready for this seemingly innocent thread to ignite with a "COVID Safety vs. COVID Freedom" bun fight.... crash helmets & safety goggles on.

• @Phil999 said:
    good luck, Oscar.

Thanks! :)

@Simon said:
    Get ready for this seemingly innocent thread to ignite with a "COVID Safety vs. COVID Freedom" bun fight.... crash helmets & safety goggles on.

Hope not haha, well I'll drop the disclaimer here then that we're both fully vaccinated. We've always both earned our primary income as performers and we are broke as fuuuuuucccckkkk after 2 years of not being able to practice our professions at all -- we've just got to get back to work and earn some money (hopefully make some beautiful art, enrich peoples lives and uplift our world with hidden culture in the process).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Best of luck with the gig, set up looks great

I was out at a sit down gig on Saturday and really gave me the bug to get back out again.

I was offered gigs but at a reduced pay because the venue is still sit down and greatly reduced numbers so have to cut costs which it totally ok with me. It's clear to see how much they are losing and always paid well before restrictions.

I declined, not because of the money as I'd play for the fee no problem but because gigging is not my main income and many friends and others I know need these gigs far more than me. Gigging is more a hobby I'm lucky to be paid for now, in the past was my main income so I know how precious gigs are.

So yeah can't wait to get back but I'll wait until everywhere is open and operating normal and in the mean time go out as a punter and enjoy hearing others play.

Also never know what restrictions are round the corner or new developments with covid so I'm not holding my breath. For now I'm double jabbed and if feeling unwell will take a pcr test before going for a night out. All I can really do

• No live concerts for me yet, but I might convinced to see Dune in a real IMAX movie theater when it comes out in October. Just saw the main trailer for it this morning. Whoa.

• Nice one @OscarSouth should be good, hope you get a good slot.

We’ve played a few low key local pub gigs last summer. Just a few people in the back garden and they were more like live rehearsals but because if this and the fact that we were paid in beers the recordings I made with my field recorder are my absolute favourite. A bunch of guys playing to a small crowd with no pressure, cracking jokes…loved it.

This year just one indoor gig at a local festival but I was too stressed because we haven’t played for a while and our usual drummer wasn’t available so I had to shout at the drummer continuously while singing and playing bass. The crowd loved it though! Another three summer gigs in the pipeline.

Break a neck.

• It's still stop and go for me. One of the venues that I play weekly has had two interruptions due to a positive COViD in the last 6 weeks. In other places it's slowly opening up.

• With Sydney in lockdown again and our winter festivals cancelled or postponed, this feels a long way away.

• The kid came 2nd in the local (Beenleigh, Queensland) Eisteddfod this week with her clarinet so I’m living live vicariously.

Good to see people playing in public for sure.

Good luck @OscarSouth !

• Excellent @OscarSouth , enjoy! I’ve been very busy with gigs (both bass and sound) the past 6 weeks and it feels great! I’m very out of gigging shape though. I’m looking forward to Sunday, when I will be on a church sound gig from 7am-11pm, first doing sound for my regular Sunday morning, then hosting Hillsong NYC later in the day. I miss these long days where you work your butt off and go home exhausted but knowing you did good work.

I’m fully vaccinated since April, but wear a mask whenever the situation dictates that it’s needed- whatever it takes to keep things moving forward.

• DavDav
    edited July 2021

Good luck, @OscarSouth ! My gigs are roaring back finally. Not up to pre-COVID levels, but it sure feels good to work again. I have 3 gigs tomorrow. At first it was outside gigs, but now we can play inside and sing without masks. Back in February someone booked me to play trumpet for a Mardi Gras party, but said I had to wear a mask. Um...yeah...that didn’t happen.

Enjoy your gig!

Dav

• @OscarSouth said:
    Performing with UDAGAN (https://UDAGANuniverse.com) at a fringe festival in Sheffield tomorrow! Bit scary with the numbers going on at the moment but we've been unable to practice our profession for so long that it's a really good feeling to be getting out to perform music we've worked hard developing in a great venue to an appreciative audience, and really just start rebuilding our careers after years of unexpected creative development!

I'm playing electric guitars (in a kind of fingerstyle way) while operating drum machines and a semi-modular rig with a mix of hands on and floor controls. Saydyy is performing vocals and khomus (Sakha ethnic mouth harp instrument). This is the equipment I'm performing with:

I’m from Sheffield buddy, where are you playing?

I’ve been a full time pro muso for most of my adult life. Half my income from teaching, half from gigging. Both are coming back slowly but my regular gigs are somewhat decimated. Some places have closed, others don’t have entertainment on yet and many are asking musicians to play for nothing or beers or a drastically reduced fee. That’s a no from me. So, down pretty much to our last penny I took some drastic action and joined a wedding band as bass dude! It pays well and there’s such a backlog of weddings and functions it seems like the sensible course of action. We play cheese, fill the dance floor, have a laugh and just enjoy it. The diary is filling up as much as the other guys want, but none of them are full time so I’ll fill up the diary as best I can with solo acoustic work and my other bands. That work is slow to come in though.

• edited July 2021

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@OscarSouth said:

Today’s (the synth/ethno set) is Hagglers Corner:

Tomorrow and Monday I’m performing with a pop/grunge trio (‘Harri Larkin’) playing some more ‘normal’ (but equally over the top) bass guitar on some great songs:

I’ve been a full time pro muso for most of my adult life. Half my income from teaching, half from gigging. Both are coming back slowly but my regular gigs are somewhat decimated. Some places have closed, others don’t have entertainment on yet and many are asking musicians to play for nothing or beers or a drastically reduced fee. That’s a no from me. So, down pretty much to our last penny I took some drastic action and joined a wedding band as bass dude! It pays well and there’s such a backlog of weddings and functions it seems like the sensible course of action. We play cheese, fill the dance floor, have a laugh and just enjoy it. The diary is filling up as much as the other guys want, but none of them are full time so I’ll fill up the diary as best I can with solo acoustic work and my other bands. That work is slow to come in though.

That’s pretty much identically where I’m at — let me know if you want to get another function project going because I’m planning to start developing one after this weekends fringe festival sets are done!

• @d4d0ug said:
    Local bi-weekly (mainly guitar based) pub jams have started again at my favourite local drinking hole.

Feels so good to play music with other people again. Really really good. Missed it so much. My social life somewhat revolves around music and jamming.

And off the back of that we’ve (one of the bands I’m in) have been booked to play a local event in September.

Good luck @OscarSouth with the gigs!

Thanks!

I went to a jam night a few weeks ago and jamming ‘Chameleon’ with the house band felt soooooo good (even if I had forgotten everything apart from the main riff!)

• @OscarSouth said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@OscarSouth said:

Tomorrow and Monday I’m performing with a pop/grunge trio (‘Harri Larkin’) playing some more ‘normal’ (but equally over the top) bass guitar on some great songs:

That’s pretty much identically where I’m at — let me know if you want to get another function project going because I’m planning to start developing one after this weekends fringe festival sets are done!

You’re on too late for me today, I’ll be setting up for my gig but tomorrow I may be able to catch you before heading off to set up. I’ll do my best. It will depend on load in times.

If you’re from the Sheffield area, I run an acoustic jam every other Sunday teatime at The Milestone, Crystal Peaks. They have a great electric jam too on a Wednesday evening every week. I don’t make it as often as I’d like though as I often teach Wednesday evenings.

• @muzka said:
    Best of luck with the gig, set up looks great

I was out at a sit down gig on Saturday and really gave me the bug to get back out again.

I was offered gigs but at a reduced pay because the venue is still sit down and greatly reduced numbers so have to cut costs which it totally ok with me. It's clear to see how much they are losing and always paid well before restrictions.

I declined, not because of the money as I'd play for the fee no problem but because gigging is not my main income and many friends and others I know need these gigs far more than me. Gigging is more a hobby I'm lucky to be paid for now, in the past was my main income so I know how precious gigs are.

So yeah can't wait to get back but I'll wait until everywhere is open and operating normal and in the mean time go out as a punter and enjoy hearing others play.

Also never know what restrictions are round the corner or new developments with covid so I'm not holding my breath. For now I'm double jabbed and if feeling unwell will take a pcr test before going for a night out. All I can really do

Yeah — we’re half expecting to go out and do these gigs then get locked down again, so I’m going to enjoy playing and watching others perform this weekend while I can!

@NeuM said:
    No live concerts for me yet, but I might convinced to see Dune in a real IMAX movie theater when it comes out in October. Just saw the main trailer for it this morning. Whoa.

I’ll have to check that out! > @supadom said:

Nice one @OscarSouth should be good, hope you get a good slot.

We’ve played a few low key local pub gigs last summer. Just a few people in the back garden and they were more like live rehearsals but because if this and the fact that we were paid in beers the recordings I made with my field recorder are my absolute favourite. A bunch of guys playing to a small crowd with no pressure, cracking jokes…loved it.

This year just one indoor gig at a local festival but I was too stressed because we haven’t played for a while and our usual drummer wasn’t available so I had to shout at the drummer continuously while singing and playing bass. The crowd loved it though! Another three summer gigs in the pipeline.

Break a neck.

haha yeah those are the best gigs (not shouting at the drummer, the other one!)

@motmeister said:
    It's still stop and go for me. One of the venues that I play weekly has had two interruptions due to a positive COViD in the last 6 weeks. In other places it's slowly opening up.

Going to get worse before it gets better in terms of interruptions too, I reckon.

@jebni said:
    With Sydney in lockdown again and our winter festivals cancelled or postponed, this feels a long way away.

Daaammmnn :(
    Hope if gets better over there. We also had to cancel a festival in Germany next month too due to maaanny complications.

@TheVimFuego said:
    The kid came 2nd in the local (Beenleigh, Queensland) Eisteddfod this week with her clarinet so I’m living live vicariously.

Good to see people playing in public for sure.

Good luck @OscarSouth !

Thanks! And congratulations to your daughter and thus to yourself vicariously!

@mrufino1 said:
    Excellent @OscarSouth , enjoy! I’ve been very busy with gigs (both bass and sound) the past 6 weeks and it feels great! I’m very out of gigging shape though. I’m looking forward to Sunday, when I will be on a church sound gig from 7am-11pm, first doing sound for my regular Sunday morning, then hosting Hillsong NYC later in the day. I miss these long days where you work your butt off and go home exhausted but knowing you did good work.

I’m fully vaccinated since April, but wear a mask whenever the situation dictates that it’s needed- whatever it takes to keep things moving forward.

Thanks! and yeah I hope that musicians can be sensible in general and on our part help to get the arts going as strongly as possible again. We’re doing our bit as much as possible.

@Dav said:
    Good luck, @OscarSouth ! My gigs are roaring back finally. Not up to pre-COVID levels, but it sure feels good to work again. I have 3 gigs tomorrow. At first it was outside gigs, but now we can play inside and sing without masks. Back in February someone booked me to play trumpet for a Mardi Gras party, but said I had to wear a mask. Um...yeah...that didn’t happen.

Enjoy your gig!

Dav

Hahaha, maybe there’s a market for masks you can play brass while wearing, and a further cover over the horn of the instrument!

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

@OscarSouth said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@OscarSouth said:

You’re on too late for me today, I’ll be setting up for my gig but tomorrow I may be able to catch you before heading off to set up. I’ll do my best. It will depend on load in times.

If you’re from the Sheffield area, I run an acoustic jam every other Sunday teatime at The Milestone, Crystal Peaks. They have a great electric jam too on a Wednesday evening every week. I don’t make it as often as I’d like though as I often teach Wednesday evenings.

Sounds good, I’ll try and make it sometime! What sets you doing over the weekend?

• @OscarSouth said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@OscarSouth said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@OscarSouth said:

Sounds good, I’ll try and make it sometime! What sets you doing over the weekend?

No weddings booked for this weekend so we’re doing 3 clubland gigs.
    Boomtarn Gigs This Weeekend:-
    Friday - Monk Bretton WMC
    Saturday - Gawber Road WMC
    Sunday - Sun Inn, Monk Bretton, Barnsley

• I hope your gig was a big success and I hope anyone that is out there again has a great time with great crowds no glitches.

• Some cool photos showed up!

I love this one, great synth shot!:

They're all pretty cool though :D