Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 15 Public beta 3

edited July 2021 in General App Discussion

The public beta 2 was working pretty well aside from a few issues that I could work around. The public beta 3 breaks search in spotlight. I’ve gathered I can get it back with a full reinstall but haven’t tried that yet. Just a cautionary note to those considering upgrading.

Comments

• BS - beta 3 on iPadOS15 is working great - no Spotlight problem...

Even Synthmaster 2 is working better noew...

• Ok good to know. Others have had the same issue on Reddit. Maybe the issue lies with app compatibility?

• edited July 2021

Also this is on an iPhone XR. Haven’t updated my iPad past public beta 2 yet.

• edited July 2021

I'm gonna take the plunge and report back here.

...desperate to get a fix for the crackles plaguing SM2.

EDIT: beta 3 is not yet available here in the UK :(

• edited July 2021

When I have more tabs open in Safari, and then closing a tab Safari jumps to the springboard. Beta 2 didn't had that problem.
    On the other hand, Synthmaster 2 has less crackles in Beta 3. No spotlight problems in Beta 3 for me, iPad Pro M1 12.9"

Hopefully we get weekly updates from now.

• Is that new multitasking working for you, guys? I haven't managed to activate it properly even once neither on beta 2 nor 3.
    Whenever I try it I get a black screen with a spinning wheel and then a while later my uPad reboots

• edited July 2021

@Foleslaw said:
    Is that new multitasking working for you, guys? I haven't managed to activate it properly even once neither on beta 2 nor 3.
    Whenever I try it I get a black screen with a spinning wheel and then a while later my uPad reboots

For me the new multitasking works on beta 3.

• @tk32 said:
    I'm gonna take the plunge and report back here.

...desperate to get a fix for the crackles plaguing SM2.

EDIT: beta 3 is not yet available here in the UK :(

Beta 3 of iPadOS15 on my 12.9” M1 iPad Pro solved most of the problem with audio dropouts and crackles on Synthmaster 2 v.1.02…

At least, 90% better…

• Same here. No Spotlight, crashy Safari, some apps do a cold relaunch every time you switch away.

• I hope everybody will give feedback when they encouter problems in the beta's.

• Installed all new iOS updates and there’s no looking back now.

• I’ve been on 15 on my first gen 9.7” pro since the release. There were a couple of Safari related issues on beta 1. That seems to be cleared now. I went to 15 on my new dev iPad (M1) yesterday and everything is completely smooth so far. I’m liking the new OS quite a bit at this point.

• Working fine on all devices here. Even the old ones.

• Did a clean install and restore and everything is working normal again.

• @bpert said:
    Did a clean install and restore and everything is working normal again.

I suggest editing the thread title to remove the dire warning.

• edited July 2021

Is it iOS and iPad OS15 that finally enables a progress indicator when copy files to the Files app? I thought I saw people talking about t here, but don’t remember if it was actually a thing or just a wishlist.

• @Tarekith said:
    Is it iOS and iPad OS15 that finally enables a progress indicator when copy files to the Files app? I thought I saw people talking about t here, but don’t remember if it was actually a thing or just a wishlist.

Doesn’t this count as a progress indicator? It’s been there a while. Copying a file from AudioShare to a test folder on iCloud. The number on the right is counting down as the file transfers. I’m on iOS 14.6

• Can you change the title of this thread? It’s misleading.

• @anickt said:

@Tarekith said:

Doesn’t this count as a progress indicator? It’s been there a while. Copying a file from AudioShare to a test folder on iCloud. The number on the right is counting down as the file transfers. I’m on iOS 14.6

Hmm, I was hoping for something that would show me progress when copying from an external HD. Oh well, thanks!

• Gutted that the issue with the audio engine crashing, when the microphone access is allowed, is still here! A fix for this was my main motivation for updating…

Are others experiencing this? I’m on an Air4 with A14 chip

• @Tarekith said:

@anickt said:

@Tarekith said:

Hmm, I was hoping for something that would show me progress when copying from an external HD. Oh well, thanks!

It does the same thing copying from Dropbox.

I don’t use external storage. I tried a thumb drive once but I hate having stuff hanging off my iPad. 😝
    It worked fine but I don’t remember if it showed the same indicator as above. Good luck!

• Interesting, here I only get the spinning gear icon in the upper right of the copy window.

• edited July 2021

Anyone here sitting on any answer why we can’t change file extension in Files app anymore?

I have revisit an old favorite, Rebirth from Propellerheads, and, downloaded 2000 songs to load into the app on iPad…

But, some files have wrong file extension, and, as I remember earlier we could change the file extension in the Files app, but, not any longer…?

Any clue why, and, any other method to use?

Thanks in advance!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Anyone here sitting on any answer why we can’t change file extension in Files app anymore?

I have revisit an old favorite, Rebirth from Propellerheads, and, downloaded 2000 songs to load into the app on iPad…

But, some files have wrong file extension, and, as I remember earlier we could change the file extension in the Files app, but, not any longer…?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure about the Files app but AudioShare let’s you change extension when renaming, you jut have to untick Keep Extension.

• @GrimLucky said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Thanks in advance!

Not sure about the Files app but AudioShare let’s you change extension when renaming, you jut have to untick Keep Extension.

But, you can’t access the Files app thru Audioshare app…

It seems impossible for the moment to find ANY app that can change the files extension on iCloud drive…

• @ErrkaPetti said:

Thanks in advance!

I dont recall ever being able to change file extensions in Files app. Audioshare and Documents by Readdle can be used to change extensions.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Thanks in advance!

I dont recall ever being able to change file extensions in Files app. Audioshare and Documents by Readdle can be used to change extensions.

Thanks! The Ducument app from Readdle did the job!

Bought that app years ago, but, hav’nt had it installed in years…

• edited July 2021

Beta 4 dropped... AUM Crash City for my iPad Pro (2015).. Removing an Instrument/Effect... instant crash, here.

@j_liljedahl

• @RajahP said:
    Beta 4 dropped... AUM Crash City for my iPad Pro (2015).. Removing an Instrument/Effect... instant crash, here.

@j_liljedahl

Don't know if this is relevant but there is a note that there is an issue with the audio engine in the beta. The workaround is to wait for 60 seconds after boot to use any audio.

• After a bit of testing in various hosts, some work and some crash on AU removal. One of the hosts that crashes on AU removal is the example host from Apple. Should be able to do a bit of testing there to see what the issue is, but I suspect that it is a problem in the beta and not the hosts.