Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Agonizer has been updated (as well as being on sale)

Details summed up in a classic Jakob Haq ramble:

Comments

• Is it a separate purchase for the iPhone version?

• @Nathi94 said:
    Is it a separate purchase for the iPhone version?

Nope, it's universal :)

• @aleyas said:

@Nathi94 said:

Ah ok maybe the App Store needs to update. Currently for purchase 9,99$ (having the iPad version installed)

• @Nathi94 said:

@aleyas said:

@Nathi94 said:

Ah ok maybe the App Store needs to update. Currently for purchase 9,99$ (having the iPad version installed)

If you already own it, I'd be surprised if it charged you even though it still displays a price. Maybe we can get conformation from someone else who installed it on their phone today.

• @aleyas said:

@Nathi94 said:

@aleyas said:

@Nathi94 said:

If you already own it, I'd be surprised if it charged you even though it still displays a price. Maybe we can get conformation from someone else who installed it on their phone today.

Yea probably just an App Store thing :)

• @aleyas said:

@Nathi94 said:

@aleyas said:

@Nathi94 said:

Just went through that very thing -- clicked on the $9.99 button/pay process and the "you already own this" pop up came up and allowed me to install on my phone without paying again.

• Hmmmm loved Agonizer when it was first launched but soon started to have all sorts of stability issues.
    I host in Cubasis 3 and would find state saving problems, stuck notes, crashes, freezes and wobbulator setting vanishing.
    I also struggled to fit it into my workflow; I couldn't see much point in using it when all I wanted was some way of reliably switching patterns within a song - building up a track with say 4 bars of one pattern and then 4 bars of another. Either by outputting to midi (and recording wobbulator info to the piano roll) or a lovely pattern switching mode like the mighty Hammerhead.

Suffered from reliability issues with Shockwave too. It's the only thing stopping me from getting Volt.

Am I being a drama queen? Anyone else?

• @Nathi94 said:

@aleyas said:

@Nathi94 said:

i already owned it on ipad. when i checked my phone it said $9.99. i pressed the purchase button as if a regular purchase. then it sent a messages saying i already owned and would not be charged.
    so yes it looks like it cost$9.99. but it does t charge you if you already have it on ipad

• edited July 2021

@FPC said:
    Hmmmm loved Agonizer when it was first launched but soon started to have all sorts of stability issues.
    I host in Cubasis 3 and would find state saving problems, stuck notes, crashes, freezes and wobbulator setting vanishing.
    I also struggled to fit it into my workflow; I couldn't see much point in using it when all I wanted was some way of reliably switching patterns within a song - building up a track with say 4 bars of one pattern and then 4 bars of another. Either by outputting to midi (and recording wobbulator info to the piano roll) or a lovely pattern switching mode like the mighty Hammerhead.

Suffered from reliability issues with Shockwave too. It's the only thing stopping me from getting Volt.

Same here. Although I already have every synth from them. I just tried it again because of the update and it just crashed. Played in standalone. But the sounds are amazing

• Thank you @eross @Jamie_Mallender good to know :smile:

• The preset pack is pretty good

• Yep
    Was free on my phone
    Don’t be scared

Also very happy to now have this on my phone
    Great work guys

• The beta version worked fine in CB3 on my iPhone 11. Just bought it so we’ll see how she does.

• Quick demo on iPhone 11

• Been waiting patiently for this since it was released on the Pad 😁😁😁

• Oh, man. I love the new layout improvements and hats off to @jakoB_haQ for the gift of 100 new presets! Fantastic!

• BobBob
    edited July 2021

@FPC said:
    Hmmmm loved Agonizer when it was first launched but soon started to have all sorts of stability issues.

Same here when using Agonizer in Cubasis, it just quits on me, no DSP issue imo. I try to render to wav asap when feeling comfi about whatever I come up with. Not ideal, but kinda agonizing 😭
    Hey, but looking forward to check those new presets!!! Thanks ❤️

• Hi everyone and thank you for your kind words. Both me and Kai are very happy that so many people like Agonizer.

To @Bob , @Prog1967 , @FPC and other users having problems with Agonizer in Cubasis, we’d love to hear more about what’s going on. More specifically:

• The iDevice model?

• iOS version

• Version of Cubasis

• If you’ve got anything else loaded and what those plugins may be

• What you were doing at the point of the crash

It’s really important to be specific when debugging stuff, I’ve had to learn about it during the development cycle. A lot of different issues can cause stuff to not function properly. The more info we get, the easier it is to debug.

Personally I haven’t had Agonizer crash when using it in Cubasis after the latest two updates. I do have crashes though when running other AUv3’s. Cubasis is more stable now than ever and I’m loving it but there’s still some hiccups.

I’m running an iPad Pro 11 2018 with iOS 14.4 and so far It’s gone well. But that doesen’t mean that there aren’t issues, it’s just hard to find if we cannot reproduce the issues. 😅

• edited July 2021

@jakoB_haQ said:
    Hi everyone and thank you for your kind words. Both me and Kai are very happy that so many people like Agonizer.

To @Bob , @Prog1967 , @FPC and other users having problems with Agonizer in Cubasis, we’d love to hear more about what’s going on. More specifically:

• The iDevice model?

• iOS version

• Version of Cubasis

It’s really important to be specific when debugging stuff, I’ve had to learn about it during the development cycle. A lot of different issues can cause stuff to not function properly. The more info we get, the easier it is to debug.

Personally I haven’t had Agonizer crash when using it in Cubasis after the latest two updates. I do have crashes though when running other AUv3’s. Cubasis is more stable now than ever and I’m loving it but there’s still some hiccups.

I’m running an iPad Pro 11 2018 with iOS 14.4 and so far It’s gone well. But that doesen’t mean that there aren’t issues, it’s just hard to find if we cannot reproduce the issues. 😅

Hi Jakob, I was playing agonizer on an iPad Air 2, iOS 13.4.1, standalone, no other app opened. Just browsing through the presets and listening to them and randomizing the ones I liked. Happened again I was randomizing Azimov and trying it out and the app shutdown

• @FPC said:

not alone,, unfortunately the few Kai apps i own are very glitchy for me. constantly crashing my sessions in AUM, not saving settings, just overall glitching. sucks, cuz they are some great apps, but i never use em

• @jakoB_haQ said:
    Hi everyone and thank you for your kind words. Both me and Kai are very happy that so many people like Agonizer.

• The iDevice model?

• iOS version

• Version of Cubasis

I'm on Ipad Pro 12.9-inch 4th gen, IOS 14.3
    Cubasis 3.3.1
    Other tracks with other AU, such as SB drumcomputer, Factory, Lagrange, Mixbox,..
    In Agonizer just changing presets, so not tweaking knobs...
    Thanks for checking!

• Just got this yesterday. Has anyone else heard a strange portamento effect on single notes which are not being played legato? I can hear it clearest on the init patch where a single note sounds like there is a very fast glide happening from a higher or lower note to the played note even though portamento is set to zero. I have been tearing my hair out all day thinking MTS was sending some unexpected CCs to the app to cause this but I have since heard it in Cubasis and AUM as well, though I’m not sure what i did to trigger it there.

• Haven't noticed the portamento effect that @MisplacedDevelopment says above.

But I have had several crashes in AUM, using one instance feeding into Koala Sampler. iOS 14.6 iPhone 8 Plus

• @Bob said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

• The iDevice model?

• iOS version

• Version of Cubasis

I'm on Ipad Pro 12.9-inch 4th gen, IOS 14.3
    Cubasis 3.3.1
    Other tracks with other AU, such as SB drumcomputer, Factory, Lagrange, Mixbox,..
    In Agonizer just changing presets, so not tweaking knobs...
    Thanks for checking!

Sorry for answering late but we’re looking into it! Thank you for reporting back! 👍

• edited July 2021

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Just got this yesterday. Has anyone else heard a strange portamento effect on single notes which are not being played legato? I can hear it clearest on the init patch where a single note sounds like there is a very fast glide happening from a higher or lower note to the played note even though portamento is set to zero. I have been tearing my hair out all day thinking MTS was sending some unexpected CCs to the app to cause this but I have since heard it in Cubasis and AUM as well, though I’m not sure what i did to trigger it there.

I think you’ve found a bug.

Can you confirm this?
    It only happens on the first key press after playing a high note and then a low note. If you keep playing that same note after that it goes away.

• Sweet update!

• @jakoB_haQ said:

Just got this yesterday. Has anyone else heard a strange portamento effect on single notes which are not being played legato? I can hear it clearest on the init patch where a single note sounds like there is a very fast glide happening from a higher or lower note to the played note even though portamento is set to zero. I have been tearing my hair out all day thinking MTS was sending some unexpected CCs to the app to cause this but I have since heard it in Cubasis and AUM as well, though I’m not sure what i did to trigger it there.

Can you confirm this?
    It only happens on the first key press after playing a high note and then a low note. If you keep playing that same note after that it goes away.

I’m getting that too.

• @jakoB_haQ said:

Can you confirm this?

Yeah, that’s the behaviour I was seeing. Going between notes triggers it, as if it is treating non-legato playing as legato, but then playing the same note clears it for that note.

• Ah! I missed the sale :( I was ready to buy it and it’s back at regular price.