Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AR-808 rhythm drum machine from Audiokit under development.

Comments

• Totally not samples.
    Pinkie swear.

• Hm. A-909 is still unusable.

• I won’t touch it until their 909 is sorted out

• @gsm909 said:
    I won’t touch it until their 909 is sorted out

Username checks out.

• Never again a drum app from him😂😂😂😂

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Hm. A-909 is still unusable.

hmmm great reviews. It looks like developers (some) likes more starting new projects than finishing those which already are published

Just as we, customers/musicians are rather interested in buying new apps than learn those which we have :)

• I haven’t touched anything audiokit since the audio looper. Do they realise that their rep is practically shit?

We’re talking IK Multimedia levels!

• edited July 2021

Nothing personal... but AK are on my naughty list.

ZERO purchases from me until they come clean about -- and ideally fix -- the mess of the AK-909.

In its current state the 909 is not an audio unit; It's a toy.

Please don't patronise your users. Stop the 'limited/not limited edition' app strategy. And don't keep telling us we're 'Awesome'.

• @tk32 said:

ZERO purchases from me until they come clean -- and ideally fix -- the mess of the AK-909.

Ditto but I do have a feeling that they think it's already 'perfect' and doesn't need any fixing...

• It does look pretty sexy though. I probably won’t be able to resist when it comes out

• FPCFPC
    edited July 2021

@gregsmith said:
    It does look pretty sexy though. I probably won’t be able to resist when it comes out

Don't be weak Greg. I know it's only a few £$€ lost on the 909 but it's the principal, you must resist this to make a point!

Plus I know for a fact you've got way too many drum apps.

Yeah I probably still buy it too :D

• @FPC said:
    Yeah I probably still buy it too :D

👌

• @tk32 said:
    Nothing personal... but AK are on my naughty list.

ZERO purchases from me until they come clean about -- and ideally fix -- the mess of the AK-909.

In its current state the 909 is not an audio unit; It's a toy.

Please don't patronise your users. Stop the 'limited/not limited edition' app strategy. And don't keep telling us we're 'Awesome'.

Totally agree 🤟🤟🤟

• @analog_matt I'm sorry, but no AudioKit for me anymore. Lost trust.

• What's the issue with the 909 app again? I really like Digitalism 2000 though. Their apps are quite affordable, I think I'll give it a shot anyway when it comes out.

• I don't have any issues with the 909. Mine seems to work fine.

• Hate to pile on, but they appear to have a low opinion of their customers…

• @piano39 said:
    I don't have any issues with the 909. Mine seems to work fine.

The timing issues don’t bother you?

• @FloRi89 said:
    What's the issue with the 909 app again? I really like Digitalism 2000 though. Their apps are quite affordable, I think I'll give it a shot anyway when it comes out.

There’s a lag of about 25ms for the bass drum and about 12ms for the other instruments. The lag used to be the same for all instruments but then they ‘fixed’ it.
    Matt is aware, I’ve sent him the details several times.
    It’s too bad because the app sounds excellent.

• edited July 2021

The sounds are great. The timing is not. This is falling at the first hurdle for a drum machine. I’ll buy the AR808 when the 909 can keep time.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@FloRi89 said:
    What's the issue with the 909 app again? I really like Digitalism 2000 though. Their apps are quite affordable, I think I'll give it a shot anyway when it comes out.

There’s a lag of about 25ms for the bass drum and about 12ms for the other instruments. The lag used to be the same for all instruments but then they ‘fixed’ it.

Is this only if you use the in-app sequencer or does it happen with host midi too?

• @DukeWonder said:

Is this only if you use the in-app sequencer or does it happen with host midi too?

Unofortunately it does...
    That's just very basic example of how 'late' the AK909 is.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vuxmb77wb8cvopt/tfart.mp4?dl=0

It's two Atom 2 instanced one triggering Ruismaker and another AK909...
    ...Ruismaker goes first, then I enable one for AK909 and you can hear the 'farty' delay is.

Oh, well, maybe some day it will get corrected...

• If 808 will be in sync with 909 then it’s glass half full :D

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    If 808 will be in sync with 909 then it’s glass half full :D

It'll have the 'AK Swing' always a little too late compared to other apps :sunglasses:

• There is plenty of time till 2022 to trim those samples properly :D

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    There is plenty of time till 2022 to trim those samples properly :D

😂

• Yeah I’ll have to pass on this as well with those timing issues on the 909. I feel a bit ripped off still and it rubs me the wrong way that they’re already working on a new drum machine while those issues still exist

• edited July 2021

@DukeWonder said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@FloRi89 said:

Yes, unfortunately. The lag is baked into the sounds. Note that I didn’t say samples because I was assured by Matt and others at AudioKit that the AK-909 doesn’t use samples. So the lag is baked into the sounds.

Anyway, this feels like a bit of a pile on. I like the AudioKit guys and they’ve put out plenty of excellent apps. I’ll reserve judgment until I hear some proper demo.

• oooh. been waiting for this.

• We need to hear from AK on this one. Maybe they are using a different developer? Maybe they have fixed the timing and an update is pending for the 909? I hope @analog_matt comes back and lets us know what the deal is.