Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: MPC 2.10 Update! Now Supports Audio Interfaces!

Just dropped! Here's a couple videos on it!

New instruments, New fx, Lots of new things!

Comments

• edited July 2021

Official Akai Video

• I’m loving it! Wow what a great surprise too!

• The new randomization generators look cool.

• Oh lawd, Akai just leveled the iPad up! Check this out below!

• The new synths, fx, USB class audio support, fx racks...are cool, but the drum and keygroup sample program improvements look great. There's 'sample tail' which will loop the end of each slice in a chopped-up sample, which should eliminate that staccato effect between slices at lower project tempos. Plus envelopes now have adjustable slopes per stage, and finally a pitch envelope and portamento! And randomization per sample (volume, pan, pitch, filter, sample offset and envelope parameters). Plus they added 8 simple drum pad fx, in addition to the 4 fx per pad and 4 fx per program that already existed. And key detection of samples.

Here's the change log.
    https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/download/file/1250/product/9017/

• @ocelot said:
    The new synths, fx, USB class audio support, fx racks...are cool, but the drum and keygroup sample program improvements look great. There's 'sample tail' which will loop the end of each slice in a chopped-up sample, which should eliminate that staccato effect between slices at lower project tempos. Plus envelopes now have adjustable slopes per stage, and finally a pitch envelope and portamento! And randomization per sample (volume, pan, pitch, filter, sample offset and envelope parameters). Plus they added 8 simple drum pad fx, in addition to the 4 fx per pad and 4 fx per program that already existed. And key detection of samples.

Here's the change log.
    https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/download/file/1250/product/9017/

Yes, monstrous update that really solidified the current era of MPCs. With the addition of audio interface support, the MPC One is almost as good as the X now.

• The 'free' MPC Beats was just updated to 2.10 as well :)
    https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-beats

• Just got an MPC One. Is it possible to upgrade the O.S from 2.7 straight to 2.10 or do you need to do the incremental updates before hand?

Thanks

• @Sandstorm said:
    Just got an MPC One. Is it possible to upgrade the O.S from 2.7 straight to 2.10 or do you need to do the incremental updates before hand?

Thanks

You can go straight to 2.10

• edited July 2021

@Samu said:
    The 'free' MPC Beats was just updated to 2.10 as well :)
    https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-beats

Don't see it... yet..
    Thanks.

• @RajahP said:

Don't see it... yet..
    Thanks.

The e-mail with the direct download link came earlier today...

• @Samu said:

@RajahP said:

Don't see it... yet..
    Thanks.

The e-mail with the direct download link came earlier today...

Cool.. not updating ‘in app’..

• @thatguysmitty said:

@Sandstorm said:
    Just got an MPC One. Is it possible to upgrade the O.S from 2.7 straight to 2.10 or do you need to do the incremental updates before hand?

Thanks

You can go straight to 2.10

Thanks for the info.

• Anyone else have problems with focusrite 6i6 and outputs? No matter what i do, i cant get the outputs to work on the interface when its plugged into the MPC. Inputs and headphone output work just fine, but the outputs on the back of the interface are mute..

• I've not found any further info on this but when the MPC One is not in 'controller mode' can it 'sample' the iPad digitally over lightning/usb-c cable connection? (Digitakt and OP-1 can do this).

Ie. it would be handy really to use the auto sampler in MPC One to digitally grab iPad/iOS instruments.

Just for fun has anyone tried to use the iRig Mic HD or HD2 USB Mic with the MPC One?
    (I have the classic iRig Mic HD and it's actually pretty nice sounding mic).

The MPC One's are starting to drop in price now and can now be had for roughly the same price as a 64GB iPad Air 4...

Cheers!

• edited July 2021

@Samu Unfortunately, no - when in standalone mode. You still need an audio interface (or two if you're using one to expand the MPC's I/O). Though I've read the iConnectAudio4+ and Audio4C may be able to, but still need to confirm. (Those two interfaces have two USB-device ports and support two computers. Now I'm curious if the iConnectMIDI2+ with its AudioPassThru feature will work.)

• @ToMess said:
    Anyone else have problems with focusrite 6i6 and outputs? No matter what i do, i cant get the outputs to work on the interface when its plugged into the MPC. Inputs and headphone output work just fine, but the outputs on the back of the interface are mute..

No one? :(

• @ToMess said:

@ToMess said:
    Anyone else have problems with focusrite 6i6 and outputs? No matter what i do, i cant get the outputs to work on the interface when its plugged into the MPC. Inputs and headphone output work just fine, but the outputs on the back of the interface are mute..

I don't have this interface. But did you enable 32 inputs/outputs? I believe this must be enabled if the interface has more than 4 ins/outs.

• @Samu said:
    I've not found any further info on this but when the MPC One is not in 'controller mode' can it 'sample' the iPad digitally over lightning/usb-c cable connection? (Digitakt and OP-1 can do this).

Ie. it would be handy really to use the auto sampler in MPC One to digitally grab iPad/iOS instruments.

Just for fun has anyone tried to use the iRig Mic HD or HD2 USB Mic with the MPC One?
    (I have the classic iRig Mic HD and it's actually pretty nice sounding mic).

The MPC One's are starting to drop in price now and can now be had for roughly the same price as a 64GB iPad Air 4...

Cheers!

This same thing can be easily achieved with a simple 3.5 to trs breakout cable and a lightning or usb c to 3.5 jack. Or simply using the headphone jack on older devices. You can look sample iphone/ipad to mpc on YouTube and see plenty of examples.

• @ocelot said:
    @Samu Unfortunately, no - when in standalone mode. You still need an audio interface (or two if you're using one to expand the MPC's I/O). Though I've read the iConnectAudio4+ and Audio4C may be able to, but still need to confirm. (Those two interfaces have two USB-device ports and support two computers. Now I'm curious if the iConnectMIDI2+ with its AudioPassThru feature will work.)

I can confirm that audio pass through works with the MPC One and the iPad with the iConnectaudio 4+...I can only assume it works with the 4c as well.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@ToMess said:

@ToMess said:

I don't have this interface. But did you enable 32 inputs/outputs? I believe this must be enabled if the interface has more than 4 ins/outs.

I tried it, even tho there are no more than 4 analog in/outs, no help :/ I found out that some others have also problems with different interfaces. It seems like not all class compliant interfaces are class compliant with linux and MPC runs on linux. Hopefully thats not the problem here also. Some other focusrite interfaces do work, also i think someone mentioned 6i6 mk2 working..

• @thatguysmitty said:

@ocelot said:

I can confirm that audio pass through works with the MPC One and the iPad with the iConnectaudio 4+...I can only assume it works with the 4c as well.

Thanks @thatguysmitty!
    Is the iConnectAudio4+ able to digitally stream 8 or 10 stereo channels to and from the MPC and iPad? (Like it can with 2 connected computers?)

• @ocelot said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@ocelot said:

Thanks @thatguysmitty!
    Is the iConnectAudio4+ able to digitally stream 8 or 10 stereo channels to and from the MPC and iPad? (Like it can with 2 connected computers?)

Yes...it passes audio exactly the same as with 2 computers or iPads! I’m going to test out it’s a friends MPC Live to see if it will pass audio between 2 MPC’s! I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work!

• @thatguysmitty said:

@ocelot said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@ocelot said:

Thanks @thatguysmitty!

Yes...it passes audio exactly the same as with 2 computers or iPads! I’m going to test out it’s a friends MPC Live to see if it will pass audio between 2 MPC’s! I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work!

That's really good news - thank you for testing and reporting! Looking forward to your dual-wielding MPCs test with the iConnectAudio4+.

Man, the sound design potential for 2.10's new drum program features is huge.