Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SoundSaw by Igor Vasiliev [available now]

Comments

• So its a synth? Interesting, knowing Igor it will be a new animal.

• So it’s a super saw synth after a coke and amphetamine fuelled week in Las Vegas? Hunter S. Thomsynth?

• Shared by @AliAhmet on FB

• So looks like a distortion FX rather than a synth?

• Igor does only to[ quality stuff. Maybe this will be my first iPad app after a long time on pc😂

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    So it’s a super saw synth after a coke and amphetamine fuelled week in Las Vegas?

That’s what it sounds like, and it sounds pretty cool…

• @gusgranite said:
    So looks like a distortion FX rather than a synth?

Looks like it. Question is what S-Noise and D-Noise does.

• Sturm-noise und Drang-noise?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Hunter S. Thomsynth?

With Gonzo preset. Instabuy!

• @ahallam said:
    Sturm-noise und Drang-noise?

Ooooh. This is quite a literate forum.

• Looks like an envelope filter like the DOD 440 plus a distortion?
    Like Roxsyn?

• @gusgranite said:

Pours self a stiff drink

I’ll be needing this.

• @ahallam said:
    Sturm-noise und Drang-noise?

Respect, mate. 👏

• Given the surprising lack of the usual over-the-top euphoria regarding Igor's latest effort, one has to conclude that the fans are still too busy trying to figure out Beatcutter. 😉

• Thats was unexpected so I bought it without demoing)

• @ervin said:
    Given the surprising lack of the usual over-the-top euphoria regarding Igor's latest effort, one has to conclude that the fans are still too busy trying to figure out Beatcutter. 😉

• is it any good?

• "...drastically change the sound and make it as loud and harsh as possible, full of all kinds of harmonics, crackles and rattles."

My iPad already does this. :trollface:

• @ervin said:
    Given the surprising lack of the usual over-the-top euphoria regarding Igor's latest effort, one has to conclude that the fans are still too busy trying to figure out Beatcutter. 😉

I have many apps which seem to do everything this does already, plus the difficulties using his prior apps have soured me from buying anything from him now and in the future.

• If nothing else, it is pretty resource-heavy.

• Okay, S-Noise and D-Noise stand for static and dynamic noise, respectively.

• @telecharge said:
    "...drastically change the sound and make it as loud and harsh as possible, full of all kinds of harmonics, crackles and rattles."

My iPad already does this. :trollface:

🎖️

• I need to hear more demos. @iOSTRAKON ?

• Fwiw, just spent the afternoon playing with this (track imminent) and it is just about his most user-friendly app to date. Dead easy to navigate the clear single page UI, and to dial up or down the combination of bit crushing and noise as you want, from total destruction to delicate lofi crispiness. Plus a random button! :) I actually like it a lot, it seems capable of a lot of subtlety, reminds me a bit of Phonogene with added distortion control, or of the way Mangleverb lets you mix in just a soupçon of noise without overwhelming things.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Fwiw, just spent the afternoon playing with this (track imminent) and it is just about his most user-friendly app to date. Dead easy to navigate the clear single page UI, and to dial up or down the combination of bit crushing and noise as you want, from total destruction to delicate lofi crispiness. Plus a random button! :) I actually like it a lot, it seems capable of a lot of subtlety, reminds me a bit of Phonogene with added distortion control, or of the way Mangleverb lets you mix in just a soupçon of noise without overwhelming things.

Either way, probably not for me as I have many, many options available to me at this point. Thanks for the mini-review though.

• @Svetlovska soupçon - bravo and thank you its not often I have to look a word up

• This + Lots of LFOs = ❤️