Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lunar Lander by Pulsar Modular will soon be landing on iOS devices. (Auv3)

Comments

• @P900 said:

Hiya.

Do you like cats?

Welcome to the forum.

My cat Totoro

Then you're going to feel right at home. 😁

• @P900 said:

@Halftone said:

@NoiseFloored said:

Lunar Lander will be FREE with an option to unlock a few other parameters for a $9.99 IAP

Wow, I definitely wasn’t expecting that

Just watched Dougs video. I’m surprised at what you get for free with this. (No sync modulation, lowpass filter, plate3 reverb, and one other editing thing I can’t exactly remember) Can’t wait to give it a spin!

I always felt frustrated by crippled iOS inApp free applications or by BUY ONLY (and now that my turn came, I needed to stand by the standards I set, as such, I wanted the free version to be USABLE). I also wanted to see if the iOS community is valid for us to develop on that platform (as I have zero experience in it and relied on iOS users like Ali, Doug and Gavin to push me to enter this market).
    Still fighting to get the IAP working- now it works but when you quit LL and relaunch, LL forgets that it has already landed on the moon :) I hope to get that IAP resolved before the weekend so you can fully enjoy it (and Pulsar gets some dough).
    Currently, I disabled inAPP- so it is not working but you can still download the Free version and utilize it.

Checking the Apple developer backend, I see over 1000+ downloads and 22 reviews all giving LL a 5 stars rating!
    I am already overwhelmed by the enthusiasm demonstrated by the iOS community and I plan to release more iOS plugins at a faster rate, now that Pulsar team learned a lot from our first iOS implementation.

Cheers!
    Ziad Sidawi
    Pulsar Modular

Yeah, okay and all that but how does this work:

my £10 IAP Purchase has apparently been deactivated without notice
    do I get the functionality back if / when the issues will be fixed?
    do I ask for a refund?
    And now I see that Lunar Lander has been removed from the list of updated apps. I didn’t know such a rollback was even possible.

• @P900 said:

@Halftone said:

@NoiseFloored said:

Lunar Lander will be FREE with an option to unlock a few other parameters for a $9.99 IAP

Wow, I definitely wasn’t expecting that

Just watched Dougs video. I’m surprised at what you get for free with this. (No sync modulation, lowpass filter, plate3 reverb, and one other editing thing I can’t exactly remember) Can’t wait to give it a spin!

I always felt frustrated by crippled iOS inApp free applications or by BUY ONLY (and now that my turn came, I needed to stand by the standards I set, as such, I wanted the free version to be USABLE). I also wanted to see if the iOS community is valid for us to develop on that platform (as I have zero experience in it and relied on iOS users like Ali, Doug and Gavin to push me to enter this market).
    Still fighting to get the IAP working- now it works but when you quit LL and relaunch, LL forgets that it has already landed on the moon :) I hope to get that IAP resolved before the weekend so you can fully enjoy it (and Pulsar gets some dough).
    Currently, I disabled inAPP- so it is not working but you can still download the Free version and utilize it.

Checking the Apple developer backend, I see over 1000+ downloads and 22 reviews all giving LL a 5 stars rating!
    I am already overwhelmed by the enthusiasm demonstrated by the iOS community and I plan to release more iOS plugins at a faster rate, now that Pulsar team learned a lot from our first iOS implementation.

Cheers!
    Ziad Sidawi
    Pulsar Modular

Awesome!! Thanks for this update. It's really nice of you to have that kind of approach about the Free part of it. Looking forward to land 100% on the moon's surface 😃

• Yeah, okay and all that but how does this work:

my £10 IAP Purchase has apparently been deactivated without notice
    do I get the functionality back if / when the issues will be fixed?
    do I ask for a refund?
    And now I see that Lunar Lander has been removed from the list of updated apps. I didn’t know such a rollback was even possible.

Yes, IAP deactivated because we turned it OFF.
    Once the inApp purchase is activated again, Apple will recognize that you purchased it and you will not have to purchase it again. Don't worry.

• Let us know when this IAP thing is finally resolved. Been waiting to get get that third plate up and running.

• I’m hanging fire till I can definitely buy the IAP within the AUV3 version and have it be enabled. Once it is confirmed that’s a thing, I’ll pony up the readies. :)

• Update: We have two issues, IAP (when you buy and unlock, then quit LL and then re-launch it is forgetting that you purchased) another bug we found that saving presets in the Standalone Application did not sync properly with the AUv3 presets.

A short story on the origin of LL, to entertain you (or distract you from the IAP issue).

Lunar Lander humble beginning started as 3 modules in a modular virtual synth called P900 designed by Peter Janson. He invested over 2+ years around 2014 working full-time to create what many considered the best analog sounding virtual synth. However, by 2018 with extremely low sales the product development was abandoned.
    Think of it- a senior C++ coder average salary in the USA is between $6 and $10K per month. If such a coder leaves his job and start writing full time music plugins, how many copies he needs to sell per month to make up the lost salary at his "regular" job?
    The odds are against you.
    I purchased the IP for P900 in 2019. But by this time, Apple has moved several versions in their xCode and the P900 was nearly impossible to continue coding it, especially that we needed to move to an IDE where we can deliver to iOS, Windows, OSX and LINUX.
    I took 3 modules from the P900: The BBD delay, Plate Reverb and Saturation and refactored them in JUCE (an IDE platform) to create LL. I extended LL beyond its original design based on requests from users (on the drawing board is the Ping-Pong Delay). Many hours were spent to make LL musical, even when you don't use any of the effects in LL. Simply passing the audio through LL gets you a sweeter sound, just like how it should be when you run audio through a nicely designed hardware device. It brings the character of the hardware design into the sound.

As for the GUI of Lunar Lander... I am a child of the 60s, and our fascination was with pinball machines. We saved money so as in the weekend we can go and play. We had to become professional pinball players fast...because we had only few coins to spare. At times, with one coin, I wound sit for an hour..until the owner comes and turn off the electricity on the Pinball machine- claiming he is loosing money on electricity more than my damn coin. At times, the pinball center would change the legs's height of the pinball machine so as we would loose fast. We would find empty cigarette packs, fold them and use them under the legs to balance it out.
    Back to LL, so as each Pinball machine had a theme, I envisioned my plugins to have such themes. I got lots of nasty responses on my ugly unorthodox design of a plugin. But little by little these voices subsided :smile:

• @P900 said:
    I got lots of nasty responses on my ugly unorthodox design of a plugin. But little by little these voices subsided :smile:

Just for the record, I don't think it's ugly. I just can't see it to use it properly. I'm sure I still haven't found all of the controls.

• @P900 said:
    Update: We have two issues, IAP (when you buy and unlock, then quit LL and then re-launch it is forgetting that you purchased) another bug we found that saving presets in the Standalone Application did not sync properly with the AUv3 presets.

A short story on the origin of LL, to entertain you (or distract you from the IAP issue).

Lunar Lander humble beginning started as 3 modules in a modular virtual synth called P900 designed by Peter Janson. He invested over 2+ years around 2014 working full-time to create what many considered the best analog sounding virtual synth. However, by 2018 with extremely low sales the product development was abandoned.
    Think of it- a senior C++ coder average salary in the USA is between $6 and $10K per month. If such a coder leaves his job and start writing full time music plugins, how many copies he needs to sell per month to make up the lost salary at his "regular" job?
    The odds are against you.
    I purchased the IP for P900 in 2019. But by this time, Apple has moved several versions in their xCode and the P900 was nearly impossible to continue coding it, especially that we needed to move to an IDE where we can deliver to iOS, Windows, OSX and LINUX.
    I took 3 modules from the P900: The BBD delay, Plate Reverb and Saturation and refactored them in JUCE (an IDE platform) to create LL. I extended LL beyond its original design based on requests from users (on the drawing board is the Ping-Pong Delay). Many hours were spent to make LL musical, even when you don't use any of the effects in LL. Simply passing the audio through LL gets you a sweeter sound, just like how it should be when you run audio through a nicely designed hardware device. It brings the character of the hardware design into the sound.

As for the GUI of Lunar Lander... I am a child of the 60s, and our fascination was with pinball machines. We saved money so as in the weekend we can go and play. We had to become professional pinball players fast...because we had only few coins to spare. At times, with one coin, I wound sit for an hour..until the owner comes and turn off the electricity on the Pinball machine- claiming he is loosing money on electricity more than my damn coin. At times, the pinball center would change the legs's height of the pinball machine so as we would loose fast. We would find empty cigarette packs, fold them and use them under the legs to balance it out.
    Back to LL, so as each Pinball machine had a theme, I envisioned my plugins to have such themes. I got lots of nasty responses on my ugly unorthodox design of a plugin. But little by little these voices subsided :smile:

Great story for a great piece of software, loving this every time I put my guitar though it and looking forward to the great unlock!

• @P900,

I like your story!
    Furthermore I think you pointed out precisely why the iPad music development is struggling in a way. I don’t know how much time did the devs invest into an iOS daw (like nanostudio 2) and how many copies did they sell let’s say for 20 bucks... Hard to imagine a positive business case :(

• @P900 thanks for hanging in there and giving us on iOS a chance to play with some sweet tools. I hope that you get the IAP sorted out soon.

• @P900
    Loving this app
    Keep in there
    Perhaps ask the master builder himself…. Mr brambos
    Anyway money waiting for iap

• edited July 2021

@P900, not to repeat myself, but if you want to avoid the IAP issue for the time being and generate some revenue, continue offering your “free” version of LL, and then offer a paid “Lunar Lander Pro” version with all features unlocked immediately. This won’t solve any other lingering app issues, but it will give customers (and you) what is needed right now.

And to make the “free” version worth your time… you may even want to add a banner ad module to the app (as unpleasant as that sounds, the only other way to make your free version worth your while is to add the option to accept paid donations, similar to Jatin Chowdhury’s teriffic apps).

• Yes just go paid like @NeuM said.. I will gift 3 of them immediately to folks in the USA it sounds so GOOD!!!!

• @NeuM said:
    @P900, not to repeat myself, but if you want to avoid the IAP issue for the time being and generate some revenue, continue offering your “free” version of LL, and then offer a paid “Lunar Lander Pro” version with all features unlocked immediately. This won’t solve any other lingering app issues, but it will give customers (and you) what is needed right now.

And to make the “free” version worth your time… you may even want to add a banner ad module to the app (as unpleasant as that sounds, the only other way to make your free version worth your while is to add the option to accept paid donations, similar to Jatin Chowdhury’s teriffic apps).

+1

• If I reroute now when faced with a hurdle like IAP, I will never be able to take Pulsar Modular to its full potential. I prefer to face it and break through. Hope to have good news for you tomorrow morning.

• @P900 said:
    If I reroute now when faced with a hurdle like IAP, I will never be able to take Pulsar Modular to its full potential. I prefer to face it and break through. Hope to have good news for you tomorrow morning.

Let us know if we can help!!!! We want you to become great here on iOS!!!!

• I don't care about coder's war stories at all, and I do not need this app now that that I have Timeless 3.
    OR SO I THOUGHT.

Holy cow, I just lost two hours playing guitar through this. I don't understand why, but it's amazingly inspiring. The sound is so perfect, yet it's not something I'd even imagine I'd try to dial in. Every preset is subtly different and absolutely usable. It's literally magical, @P900.

• @P900

Is it possible for users to be able to double click on the values and type in the numbers ourselves?

For instance rotating the bpm dial will take it to 99.9bpm or 100.3bpm.
    It would be cool to be able to have the bpm set precisely but not have it sync to host.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I don't care about coder's war stories at all, and I do not need this app now that that I have Timeless 3.
    OR SO I THOUGHT.

Holy cow, I just lost two hours playing guitar through this. I don't understand why, but it's amazingly inspiring. The sound is so perfect, yet it's not something I'd even imagine I'd try to dial in. Every preset is subtly different and absolutely usable. It's literally magical, @P900.

It has its own signature look and feel. I like it too.

• @P900 said:
    If I reroute now when faced with a hurdle like IAP, I will never be able to take Pulsar Modular to its full potential. I prefer to face it and break through. Hope to have good news for you tomorrow morning.

Do you have a beta test team assembled? You can iron all this stuff out far from the public glare using TestFlight. If you need testers just ask. Many here.

• @gusgranite said:

@P900 said:

Do you have a beta test team assembled? You can iron all this stuff out far from the public glare using TestFlight. If you need testers just ask. Many here.

It’s not common practice to test in-app purchases as far as I’m aware.

• @NeuM said:

@gusgranite said:

@P900 said:

I have tested IAPs in the past.

• Must say I love the look of the app @P900, thanks for the backstory, hope you sort the IAP issue soon, good luck 🤞

• @gusgranite said:

@NeuM said:

@gusgranite said:

@P900 said:

Then I stand corrected. Tip of the hat.

• @NeuM said:

@gusgranite said:

@NeuM said:

@gusgranite said:

@P900 said:

Then I stand corrected. Tip of the hat.

In any beta testing I have done all IAP’s were unlocked with the beta version of the app. That was pretty sweet when beta testing BeatHawk!

• You do normally test in app purchases in beta testing, unless the beta version didn't already have the iap set up, then these issues should have come up in the beta which is strange.

• Give me plate 3 for gods sakes I’ll Venmo you

• Update: IAP working fine now and presets sync between AUv3 and Standalone works fine. One issue remains: in STANDALONE app in certain conditions will not do Save As..
    Expect release update on Monday (as it has to go through Apple Review and approval).
    After the release, we will focus on doing an update to our Preset Dropdown list.

yes, you are correct IAP setup can be tested in the Sandbox. We did a hasty release when it came to IAP.

• @P900 Thanks for the work on this. I sooooo look forward to your other apps as well.