Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Riffler by Jonathan Bell

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1556225557

Description:

WHAT IS RIFFLER?
Riffler is a unique app that instantly creates unlimited, copyright-free guitar riffs. Riffler is extremely simple to use, but is also endlessly customizable allowing for the creation of an original, truly personalized sound.

HOW TO USE RIFFLER
The easiest way to get started is to select from a list of preset musical styles, tap create, and a unique guitar riff will be made. The created riff is displayed as guitar tablature which you can listen to and save. The saved riff can be exported as a wave or MIDI file. For advanced users wanting to harness the full power of Riffler's advanced artificial intelligence, there is a huge range of customizable settings allowing you to fine tune your own unique sound.

WHO WOULD USE RIFFLER?
• Guitarists looking to improve their playing, with endless new riffs to practice.

• Musicians needing an additional creative spark of inspiration to complement their music.

• Producers wanting to stand out from the crowd by creating unique guitar riffs instead of using the same samples as everybody else.

• Most of all Riffler is fun! It's great for anybody looking to experiment and create their own music!

Riffler does not collect any personal data and does not require an internet connection. Riffler does not contain any in app purchases (IAPs) and does not require a subscription.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 14.1
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• No mention of midi out or midi export? Does anyone know if it has either?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    No mention of midi out or midi export? Does anyone know if it has either?

The description says:

The saved riff can be exported as a wave or MIDI file

• @White said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    No mention of midi out or midi export? Does anyone know if it has either?

The description says:

The saved riff can be exported as a wave or MIDI file

Oh my bad I read it too fast I guess. Thanks @White

• I see it buried in the middle of a paragraph. Thanks

• If anybody takes the plunge be sure to let us know what you think. I’m interested in this one but would like to hear some opinions first.

• I have his riff writer
    Good to inspire some riffs I wouldn't think of. But that one doesn't have midi export.
    This seems like the "pro" version of that one 😂

• There's a website where you can hear some samples: https://riffler.app/

• This could be a great area of development for machine learning algorithms.

• @daytwa said:
    There's a website where you can hear some samples: https://riffler.app/

Doesn't sound too bad...interesting...

• Samples on the website sound quite interesting and usable. Will wait for more feedback here before splashing £9.99 though. Seems quite a lot tbh

• this thing is pretty badass..

alot of tweakability in the setting tab. exports to midi flawlessly. audio export is great, some decent built in sounds.

this is hours of inspiration for me, a non guitar player.

• Hi. I'm the developer of the app, thanks for posting. I've got lots of features planned for future versions (including adding support for AUv3) but if anybody has any questions or suggestions for new features please let me know.

• Is everything in Riffler in 4/4 time signature?

• In the current version everything is 4/4 and a maximum of 8 measures in length. The latest version can make riffs of any length with any time signature (and a different time signature for each bar) but I've not finished adding the features to the UI yet. It will be included in a future version soon :)

• Hi Jon
    Any plans to add additional styles , as I would love to see a Funk orientated Style as an option.

• Hi Musicfan. I'm hoping to add lots of new styles (blues, funk, etc.) in future versions. Blues styles are coming next, funk further down the line.

• This looks interesting. I do a lot of virtual guitar stuff using a variety of different apps. What I'm looking for is something that can make natural sounding slides and pitch bends and unfortunately I have yet to find anything that fits the bill. Sounds like your app does some cool rythmic stuff but I'm not hearing any slides or note bends. Might still get it anyway because you can never have too many options, but that's what would make it a must buy for me.

• When drums are enabled do they get saved also as a wav?
    When drums are enabled and the created melody is saved as a midi riff then just the melody is exported or does this also save the drumtrack?
    So far loving the samples.
    This looks like winner, winner, chicken dinner!

• Hi MadeofWav. Unfortunately I'm not going to add slides. I did some experiments but to get realistic slides would require a huge number of samples and was going to result in a huge download size (several gb).

I've got bends coming in a future version but they are not quite finished yet.

• Thank you @jon_bell
    I will be purchasing the app as soon as I get home tonight. The samples on your website sound fantastic.

• Very Nice work @jon_bell. I listened to the sites demos and purchased.

Invaluable to me as I'm constantly wanting to comp in guitar to my tracks only to ruin them with my own guitar ignorance. Now I can not ruin them and stay ignorant as to how to play guitar but still compose.

Brill.

• Hi Toastedghost. The drums can be exported with the wav export or turned off so that only guitar is exported. Currently the drum are extremely simple (just a kick on 1 and 3 and a snare on 2 and 4) but are good for highlighting syncopated rhythms. I'm considering adding more complex drums but I know there are lots of drums apps that are already very good.

• Thanks, I really appreciate that. Please let me know if you have any problems or have any suggestions for things I could improve.

@audiblevideo said:
    Very Nice work @jon_bell. I listened to the sites demos and purchased.

Invaluable to me as I'm constantly wanting to comp in guitar to my tracks only to ruin them with my own guitar ignorance. Now I can not ruin them and stay ignorant as to how to play guitar but still compose.

Brill.

• bundle with Riffler and Riff writer?

• I've actually taken Riff Writer off the app store today. It used a different algorithm and was much more limited (no midi or audio export, couldn't change tempo, couldn't change tone, very limited options, etc.).

@zilch said:
    bundle with Riffler and Riff writer?

• @jon_bell said:
    I've actually taken Riff Writer off the app store today. It used a different algorithm and was much more limited (no midi or audio export, couldn't change tempo, couldn't change tone, very limited options, etc.).

@zilch said:
    bundle with Riffler and Riff writer?

👍

• @jon_bell Could you explain a bit about how the algorithm functions? I'm a dummy when it comes to any tech at all. Is there a probability table/statistics that it follows based on many documented/past guitar riffs etc.? Well, come to think of this, it's probably a trade secret! if so, never mind. 👍

• Welcome @jon_bell i love the app idea, and the App Store video sounds really sweet. I’m interested to see this app develop. a video tutorial and/or detailed demo video would be lovely. All the best, cheers!

• @jon_bell Why is the app so large? 400MB for a riff gen algorithm?

• looks cool sounds good