Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lunar Lander by Pulsar Modular will soon be landing on iOS devices. (Auv3)

Comments

• @robosardine said:
    There’s definitely a lot to like here. I’m having real trouble scrolling up and down the drop down preset menu though. I’m getting top and bottom, but it’s shooting past the middle ones. Is it just me?
    Sounds lovely though 😀

It's not just you. They are aware of the issue and I hope they fix it ASAP.

• edited July 2021

Getting a lot of crashes after tweaking a few of the onscreen knobs, or after selecting a few presets. This is on my iPad on ios12.2.

Just tried my iPhone on 13.4 and wasn’t getting any crashes.

• It’s out and it’s free wasn’t expecting free…

• @Gavinski said:

@robosardine said:
    There’s definitely a lot to like here. I’m having real trouble scrolling up and down the drop down preset menu though. I’m getting top and bottom, but it’s shooting past the middle ones. Is it just me?
    Sounds lovely though 😀

Good to know.

• I’m obviously late to the party but still…

• @Poppadocrock, after all you have done for the forum, I truly believe you are totally entitled to get a full pass on being late to the party! 😊

• Amazing! hope will have more apps from this developer

• @Gavinski said:

@robosardine said:
    Sounds lovely though 😀

👍 I’ve got a feeling that it will be soon, keep the momentum going.

• Man, running Drum Computer through this is a blast

• @SNystrom said:
    @Poppadocrock, after all you have done for the forum, I truly believe you are totally entitled to get a full pass on being late to the party! 😊

Lol. Cheers mate.

• I'm in love with tools like this - simple, yet powerful and almost impossible to force it sound bad. Looks like it will be my go to synth "warmer" instead of cpu hod ClassicFX. I hope Apple approve IAP next days and state saving will come.

• edited July 2021

@lazyass said:
    I'm in love with tools like this - simple, yet powerful and almost impossible to force it sound bad. Looks like it will be my go to synth "warmer" instead of cpu hod ClassicFX. I hope Apple approve IAP next days and state saving will come.

It currently support state saving, using the AUM "save in plugin" option

• I tried this with the Scarbee electric piano on Korg module yesterday, and I was getting some unpleasant crackles when turning 50%+ the plate reverb mix. I don't know if this is something related to the specific samples on this electric piano.
    Has anyone experienced something similar?

• edited July 2021

Update just dropped. IAP buy still doesn’t work. iOS 13.7. Developer contacted.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Update just dropped. IAP buy still doesn’t work. iOS 13.7

Yeah - weird.

• Jesus, that must be so frustrating for Ziad, the dev. How on earth did apple approve this without approving the IAP, its really a balls-up from Apple's side with unfair repercussions for the dev.

• @Gavinski said:
    Jesus, that must be so frustrating for Ziad, the dev. How on earth did apple approve this without approving the IAP, its really a balls-up from Apple's side with unfair repercussions for the dev.

On the plus side he says that they had 1000 downloads so that’s encouraging. Apparently he has now called for the cavallery the marines air strikes an outside iOS developer.

• edited July 2021

@Gavinski said:
    Jesus, that must be so frustrating for Ziad, the dev. How on earth did apple approve this without approving the IAP, its really a balls-up from Apple's side with unfair repercussions for the dev.

Still not working on the iPhone version either. This developer may need to employ the services of another developer if he doesn’t know how to properly integrate IAP.

• edited July 2021

Son of a…just open up plate 3 and the advanced reverb menu for cryin out loud. In retrospect, dunno how good of an idea it was to give away 88% of the app and leave only a couple of things locked.

• Or just make a separate paid “Pro” version with the extra features already activated? Forget about IAP.

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

Still not working on the iPhone version either. This developer may need to employ the services of another developer if he doesn’t know how to properly integrate IAP.

The developer says that is what they’re doing. I like the idea of a pro version.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

The developer says that is what they’re doing. I like the idea of a pro version.

Offering a paid Pro version would net them immediate revenue for their work. They could always continue to work on IAP for future updates.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Son of a…just open up plate 3 and the advanced reverb menu for cryin out loud. In retrospect, dunno how good of an idea it was to give away 88% of the app and leave only a couple of things locked.

Yeah, they did give away a but too much in the free version. It must be said though that Plate 3 is the shizzle!

• @Gavinski said:

@oat_phipps said:

Yeah, they did give away a but too much in the free version. It must be said though that Plate 3 is the shizzle!

+1

• So is there a way to pay? The purchase button still doesn’t work for me.

• It works!

• edited July 2021

Yeah it does work, on standalone.

IAP can be a messy buggy system, but then having a demo is good too sometimes.

It's another good reason to have sideloading of apps possible, then devs can easily create demo versions.

• edited July 2021

@lasselu said:
    It works!

Indeed. Nice.

Edit: works for the stand alone. Purchase doesn’t translate to the AU. Merde.

• so if I will not update the app I will stay with full version?

• hmm, it's asking me to purchase again for the AUv3, but I already did it in standalone mode...anyone else have this?
    I guess it won't charge me again, but hate doing this