Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atlas: Possible new iOS app?

Some of you already know about Atlas by Algonaut Audio. It's an intelligent sample manager, drum machine and sequencer for the desktop and is altogether very cool.... https://algonaut.audio/

Anyway, Matt, the developer has hinted that he's thinking about making an iOS version but would like to know what sort of interest there'd be...

There's likely to be a few technical hurdles to overcome, but if the end result is anywhere near as good as the desktop version it's going to be a very interesting app...

Thoughts and comments? I'll happily pass them on or point Matt in the direction of this thread...cheers...👍

Comments

• WTKWTK
    edited July 2021

Oh yeah. That would bei awesome. I would buy it asap.

• I played around with the desktop trial version, and I really like the idea. I'm waiting for the next 50% off sale, because at that price I think I will buy it.

My first reaction regarding a potential iOS version is I would probably not need it or buy it, simply because the vast majority of my drum sounds are stored on the Mac, not in the ipad, so having Atlas on the ipad wouldn't make much sense for me.

• edited July 2021

@ervin Yeah - sample access is one issue that could make it less useful on an iPad. I was storing a lot of samples in the cloud (OneDrive) but the desktop version of Atlas requires locally hosted files to build its maps so I had to sync them to my Mac. If there was some way of using pure cloud storage (without the need to download to the device) I guess it would help, but then you'd need to be on the Internet to make use of it. External storage would work, but it makes no sense to have more than one sample store. Maybe there's still some mileage in just using whatever samples you can store locally to the iPad just because of the intelligent way the samples are identified and the sequencer / kit options (if they can be replicated in iOS).

• Have Atlas on desktop, would be awesome if it came to iOS.

• I love using it on the desktop and would double love it on the iPad since i currently now export my loops from the desktop to my iPad to be used in Drambo and AUM.

Big time Yes please 🤪

• I didn’t know Algonaut, checked the link and I definitely want it on my iPad.
    If the sound browser/AI is half as good as it looks it’s a must. I don’t know how well it’ll handle the very obscure iOS file system, that’d be my main concern. With all the sandbox 💩

• I’d buy it.

• edited July 2021

@tahiche said:
    I didn’t know Algonaut, checked the link and I definitely want it on my iPad.
    If the sound browser/AI is half as good as it looks it’s a must. I don’t know how well it’ll handle the very obscure iOS file system, that’d be my main concern. With all the sandbox 💩

Looks like it manages your sample library by comparing them to sounds fitting a similar sound profile in their machine learning dataset. And it appears visually similar to UVI’s reverb “SparkVerb”. It’s an interesting idea, but personally I like having a more distinct representation of something other than just a dot and a name/description will usually suffice.

• Love the desktop plugin. One of my favourites. Interested to see how it might work on iOS with such limited access to al the different pools of samples.

• edited July 2021

FWIW, i have it pointed to my Splice and Maschine directories on my Mac. I would do the same on my iPad.

If Atlas gets external drive support that would be even better 😉

But i love it as is. I pinged the Dev on Twitter as well to ask about an iPad port.

• My personal minimum requirements:
    Compressed audio file support (Ogg Vorbis, m4a, opus, mp3) and support for Files.app, WebDAV, Share sheet, external drives and Open in...

• Oh my that looks amazing. If he could do it AU (sequencer included) that would be the ultimate drum solution. Love a good sample browser like that.

• would definitely buy it day 1 its out

• If 4Pockets doesn't create a version sooner lol

• love atlas, would be great on ios

• Interested

• XO user here who would TOTALLY buy iOS Atlas.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    XO user here who would TOTALLY buy iOS Atlas.

+1

• OK - so now, what would people pay for an iOS version? Bearing in mind that the full feature set may not be possible to transfer particularly in terms of seamless sample file access (though who knows what may be possible). The desktop version is $99 which sort of corresponds to a sugarbytes desktop synth which tend to be around the $15 - $20 range for the full ios version.
    Anyway - thoughts and comments very welcome - Matt seems to be up for getting an iOS version of Atlas off the ground...👍

• If it had good functionality, then I would pay $15-20.

• Hi everyone, Algonaut Atlas dev here. Great to see there's some real interest in an iOS port! I've always had iOS in the back of my mind while coding so it's definitely a possibility. I have a few other things on the roadmap first and I won't really know what the major challenges are until I start, but I will be having a proper look into all this later this year. :smile:

• I’ve never heard of it but your first sentence in OG Post has me intrigued for sure.

• @MattAlgonaut said:
    Hi everyone, Algonaut Atlas dev here. Great to see there's some real interest in an iOS port! I've always had iOS in the back of my mind while coding so it's definitely a possibility. I have a few other things on the roadmap first and I won't really know what the major challenges are until I start, but I will be having a proper look into all this later this year. :smile:

Welcome @MattAlgonaut Thanks for dropping by and saying hello. Thanks for the interest in the iPad...been using Atlas quite a bit recently and really am enjoying the output of it. Good luck with the investigation later this year.

Cheers!

• @MattAlgonaut said:
    Hi everyone, Algonaut Atlas dev here. Great to see there's some real interest in an iOS port! I've always had iOS in the back of my mind while coding so it's definitely a possibility. I have a few other things on the roadmap first and I won't really know what the major challenges are until I start, but I will be having a proper look into all this later this year. :smile:

Welcome @MattAlgonaut
    I’m so excited about it. I’ve always been in love with Atlas software. Would like to see it ported for iOS 🤞. This is gonna be my instabuy.

• Definitely gets my vote would love to see Atlas come onto iPad.

• Never used it, love to try it on iOS.

• I went for XO over Atlas 1 when they both came out. The new Atlas 2 is compelling and I've been considering it as well.
    XO/Atlas is one of the main reasons I still like to use my laptop.
    Organising samples on an iPad is pretty crappy imo, so if Atlas can make that a breeze by adding folders as maps then it would be great to have.

• XO is far superior IMHO.

• OMG, I already see myself going to the next level of using my BeatStep Pro with the iPad