Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lunar Lander by Pulsar Modular will soon be landing on iOS devices. (Auv3)

Comments

• edited July 2021

Completely free? Whaaaaaaat? Hope they didn’t forget they’re supposed to make a profit.

• @Halftone said:

@NeuM said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@NeuM said:
    By the way, unless I’m mistaken this company does not seem to have a presence on the App Store. Anyone have a direct link?

https://www.pulsarmodular.com/product/lunar-lander/

Thanks. I guess this will be their first foray into iOS app development.

Maybe that’s why they’re giving most of the features for free? To test the waters.

Freeeeeeeee!

• it's everything free except for a couple of features that comes with IAP.. the 3rd biggest plate, LPF, and some other settings. Still, such a gift.

• edited July 2021

Nice, thank you!

• Gotta get the IAP just to encourage further development.

• edited July 2021

Very fiddly UI. I hope they finesse it a little. Looking forward to hearing how it sounds, though!

• seems like the IAP is not available yet, nothing showing up for me

• @sharifkerbage said:
    seems like the IAP is not available yet, nothing showing up for me

Likewise. I just assumed this was it with no chance to add extras.

• Sounds absolutely sweet though

• "Yes, Apple approved the inAPP application but then told us you need to implement some technical issues to get it working!
    Why did they do this? no idea!

As such, give us a few days till we resolve this issue."

From the dev

• edited July 2021

Great first impressions. Plate has a lovely touch of saturation, a nice thick sound that blends well with the source. For comparison, the MixBox plate is no better or worse, just a tad cleaner.
    The delay is definitely one of the finer BBD's on the platform. I need another delay like I need another hole in the head, but the immediacy of LL, and how tight-knit the BBD and plate work together make this a hard app to pass on. Bring on the 914 next, Pulsar Modular!

• Nice
    Thanks

• edited July 2021

It’s nice, a little bit too much noise in some cases. The ducking cleans things up nicely delay wise though. And I love a good plate on a synth. Just needs the other features to be complete. I’ll pay for em. I’d really love this as a guitar pedal. Nothing better than being able to minimize a pedalboard with as few as possible.

It’s not the most pristine port, the controls aren’t as smooth as you’d like, but it’s really no matter as delay is simple to dial in what you want.

I’ll definitely use it plenty. It sounds really good, and until some future breakthrough, I can delete every delay except Timeless 3 (my main man), this, Kosmonaut, and K7D. We’ve come a long way from the crappy Dubstation.

Oh and I see no reason not to always use the A/B saturation. Turning it off really gimps what it offers.

• Hmmm.

There is no mention of IAPs in the app description….

• @SNystrom said:
    Hmmm.

There is no mention of IAPs in the app description….

See above. Technical difficulty. Give them a few days they say.

• Yeah, thanks, Oat. I read to the bottom of the second page — and then posted without noticing this third page here! 🤓

Technology… 😅

• edited July 2021

Sounds great. There’s other really good sounding delays like Nembrini 3000 and RE-1, but the added plates takes it to another level. I’m no reverb expert but this one sounds super sweet and beautiful, it provides a a very clear space and not mushy at all. It doesn’t have that “gloss” or “shine” that other reverbs have and IMO sound artificial. I’m gonna abuse it.
    Btw I don’t think I need the extras but I tried buying the iap to show some love.

• @tahiche said:
    Sounds great. There’s other really good sounding delays like Nembrini 3000 and RE-1, but the added plates takes it to another level. I’m no reverb expert but this one sounds super sweet and beautiful, it provides a a very clear space and not mushy at all. It doesn’t have that “gloss” or “shine” that other reverbs have and IMO sound artificial. I’m gonna abuse it.
    Btw I don’t think I need the extras but I tried buying the iap to show some love.

I'm a reverb freak 😂 and I fell deeply in love with those plate reverbs!

• "It was hard for us as we had no previous experience with iOS. Took over 6 months to get it to work. We plan to improve on the Preset Management on a future update.
    I hope you can spread the word around and do reviews on the AppStore. We need all the help we can get to secure a place in this crowded market.

Cheers
    Ziad Sidawi
    CEO"

A second e-mail from the dev.

• Nice, I’ve been fiddling with the demo on the desktop with this, I hope I can get it sounding as good as I have there, it’s a delight to play the guitar through, especially with some crispy saturation up front...

• There’s definitely a lot to like here. I’m having real trouble scrolling up and down the drop down preset menu though. I’m getting top and bottom, but it’s shooting past the middle ones. Is it just me?
    Sounds lovely though 😀

• Woooooo!

• @sharifkerbage said:
    "It was hard for us as we had no previous experience with iOS. Took over 6 months to get it to work. We plan to improve on the Preset Management on a future update.
    I hope you can spread the word around and do reviews on the AppStore. We need all the help we can get to secure a place in this crowded market.

Cheers
    Ziad Sidawi
    CEO"

A second e-mail from the dev.

Sounding great- can’t wait for the little snags to get ironed out.
    I left a 5+ rating at the AppStore but there appears to be a problem writing a review - the page comes up but it won’t allow text to be entered (UK)
    Thanks for a great app.

• Sounds gorgeous!

What is the purchase button for under the "?" button? Nothing happens when it's clicked.

• sounds great, definitely worth getting the iap for the extra plate when it's working

• Sounds really great, I’m really enjoying it with 303 action

• Downloaded.

Loaded it up in BM3.

Dropped it onto a vocal sample.

Sweet sounding.

I really like it.

It'll definitely be worth getting the I.A.P for.