Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead 25th Anniversary Edition - Out Now!

Comments

• @brambos said:

@aleyas said:

@brambos said:

@aleyas said:
    Does HH have predesignated CC assignments? I thought I read so a few days ago, but I may have been mistaken. Rtfm already ;)

They are there but they’re “unlisted”. I automatically make them for all AU parameters as a fallback. But since they only work in the AU anyway I recommend using AU Parameters whenever possible since most hosts support those these days ;)

If you need them I will make a list.

Could I trouble you for that list? I’d like to make and share some controllers for HH. So in order for it to work for everyone I’ll need to use the default mappings 🙂

P_VOLUME       13
    P_SHUFFLE      14
    P_SOUL         15
    P_DISTORT      16
    P_COMPRESS     17
    P_CHAOS        18
    P_CHANCE       19
    P_MUTATE       20

P_LEVEL1       21
    P_LEVEL2       22
    P_LEVEL3       23
    P_LEVEL4       24
    P_LEVEL5       25
    P_LEVEL6       26
    P_LEVEL7       27
    P_LEVEL8       28
    P_PAN1         29
    P_PAN2         30
    P_PAN3         31
    P_PAN4         32
    P_PAN5         33
    P_PAN6         34
    P_PAN7         35
    P_PAN8         36

Thanks!!

• Posted to the Wiki Forum Gold Page. B)

@tk32 said:
    Two quick diagrams for anyone who is experimenting with mixing different pattern divisions...

Summary:

• Setting 12 Divisions will give you perfect 8th triplets.
    • Combining several of the irregular divisions (second image) can generate some incredible jittery syncopation - for example, try combining multiple closed hihat rhythms on 3 lanes of 1/13, 1/9 and 1/7 divisions.
    • Combine irregular divisions with swing for even more exaggerated shuffle timing.

• @brambos said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Eh, needs more random algorithms. Won’t buy until fixed

Choosing random algorithms manually is so 2020. Hammerhead chooses its random algos randomly.

Son of a. For that I’m getting a refund!

B)

• Sample StartPt. position 8 now triggers a "soft choke" on currently playing sound

yessss!

• Great stuff, the best keeps getting better it would seem :)

I appreciate the brighter, clearer box surrounds for the selected sounds on the grid but has any consideration been given to doing the same for the smaller non-selected notes on the grid? I certainly struggle to see those.

Anyway thanks for an absolutely fantastic drum machine. Stunning value too.

• @brambos
    In view mode
    It’s hard to set the pitch back to default if I have altered all 16
    It’s time consuming
    Any chance of a small button to reset all to default on pitch etc

• edited June 2021

@Gdub said:
    @brambos
    In view mode
    It’s hard to set the pitch back to default if I have altered all 16
    It’s time consuming
    Any chance of a small button to reset all to default on pitch etc

You can already use the "Clear" on "This channel" to quickly reset the entire channel to default values.

• @brambos would you consider looking at adding a way to control all steps at once? Long hold a step slider and it controls all steps or something? This app is so crazy quick to use I find the most tedious thing is trying to repitch a sample on each step or worse, across patterns.
    By no means a deal breaker though and completely get if something like this isn’t on the cards, if anything it just speaks to how crazy good the UI is!

Also huuuge thanks you for the first update, audition and mulitout bypassing level were such sweet touches. Absolutely adore this thing 😍

• @brambos
    Thanks
    See it so clearly now
    I use the random button next to it all the time !
    Thanks

• edited June 2021

@brambos I got lost i the navigation tonight, have messed a bit since buying, but not gone full on into the app as yet, opened channel settings to change steps, then couldn’t find any of the good stuff. It was hidden behind the channel settings I had opened and done with, but because I didn’t have to press an OK I left the settings there, and therefore lost the ones I wanted afterwards.
    Once I realised all was good. Maybe a timeout on the settings bar, so it goes away after inactivity ?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQpLW2BKeEy/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Did anyone try to use Hammerhead in GarageBand? GB is not the most powerful DAW out there, but I like how easily it allows me to sync projects between my apple devices. That and some other features like Live Loops and export to Logic Pro

So, I'm trying to find out if HH can fit into my workflow. Other @brambos auv3 plugins like Ruismaker or Rozeta work very well with GB. I mean state saving works well - I can save the project, sync it to another device via iCloud and continue where I left off.
    But Hammerhead is a bit different because it can work with samples. According to the manual, imported samples are converted into some sound data. I wonder whether this sound data will be included in the plugin state when I save my GB project. Is it even possible? (would be nice to know that before I start bothering other devs to implement it :smile: )

• @yug said:
    Did anyone try to use Hammerhead in GarageBand? GB is not the most powerful DAW out there, but I like how easily it allows me to sync projects between my apple devices. That and some other features like Live Loops and export to Logic Pro

So, I'm trying to find out if HH can fit into my workflow. Other @brambos auv3 plugins like Ruismaker or Rozeta work very well with GB. I mean state saving works well - I can save the project, sync it to another device via iCloud and continue where I left off.
    But Hammerhead is a bit different because it can work with samples. According to the manual, imported samples are converted into some sound data. I wonder whether this sound data will be included in the plugin state when I save my GB project. Is it even possible? (would be nice to know that before I start bothering other devs to implement it :smile: )

Yes, sound data is embedded in the state. It’s all self-contained and should work seamlessly with Garageband.

• @brambos said:

@yug said:
    Did anyone try to use Hammerhead in GarageBand? GB is not the most powerful DAW out there, but I like how easily it allows me to sync projects between my apple devices. That and some other features like Live Loops and export to Logic Pro

Yes, sound data is embedded in the state. It’s all self-contained and should work seamlessly with Garageband.

Awesome. Thank you

• Is there any chance of adding ‘go to pattern’ @brambos?

• Is there any chance of adding ‘go to pattern’ @brambos?

No, for now it's the playmodes that are already there. For more control you can use the two pattern triggering modes so you can roll your own song mode using your sequencer of choice. :)

• Updated..

• @RajahP said:
    Updated..

A nice one, adding more convenience to dealing with imported WAVs! (Copy/paste).

• Coming soon: automating the drum synth using AU parameters...

• Haha! was hoping for that, nice.

• @brambos said:
    Coming soon: automating the drum synth using AU parameters...

👍

• I keep coming back to say how awesome this is. Have always loved the entire bram collection, but there’s just something about this one that’s so completely satisfying for getting simple, effective results for 3-minute power pop-type songs. The 8 pattern limit really helps to not overthink things other than “do I NEED to use a slot for a fill here?” and if no, dash of mutation still keeps things lively. What a godsend.

(Yes, I’m aware I can load more than one. But in this case I like the constraint.)

• edited July 2021

I have seemingly forgotten how to use the playhead off sequencing “mode” (using C0-C1) in Cubasis 3 while using multi-outs. I can’t get it to record the MIDI notes on the separate channels…I should be able to if I turn the playhead off on the main track and hit record, and as the main track reads my C0-C1 sequenced file, it should output all the individual hits to each respective track, no?

Someone mind giving me a quick but thorough walkthrough of setting this up please?

• edited July 2021

@oat_phipps said:
    I have seemingly forgotten how to use the playhead off sequencing “mode” (using C0-C1) in Cubasis 3 while using multi-outs. I can’t get it to record the MIDI notes on the separate channels…I should be able to if I turn the playhead off on the main track and hit record, and as the main track reads my C0-C1 sequenced file, it should output all the individual hits to each respective track, no?

No, the multi-out is an audio only thing. MIDI is only output to the main channel.
    But if you're triggering HH with MIDI from the main channel, it should indeed still output audio over all outputs.

• Gotcha, that’ll do!

• edited July 2021

@brambos said:

Great.. maybe we will get to record those automations (in app)… even if it’s an IAP.

Great app..

• @RajahP said:

@brambos said:

Great.. maybe we will get to record those automations (in app)… even if it’s an IAP.

The knobs will now also send out that automation data, so if your host can record automation then Bob's your uncle.

• @brambos said:

@RajahP said:

@brambos said:

The knobs will now also send out that automation data, so if your host can record automation then Bob's your uncle.

I guess it’s time for an AUM update..

Looking forward to the update..

Much Thanks…

• @RajahP said:

@brambos said:

@RajahP said:

@brambos said:

I guess it’s time for an AUM update..

Looking forward to the update..

Much Thanks…

Atom2 and your AUM automation guardians.

• No promises whatsoever, but here's proof of concept to show that HH on MacOS is technically possible. Whether it makes practical and business sense is to be investigated ;)