Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• @Gravitas said:

@sinosoidal said:

@NimboStratus said:
    Hang on, you can connect an iPad (3rd gen) to HDMI monitor?

If you have the ligthning to hdmi adaptor then yes

Does this only work with the Apple hdmi adaptor or
    would it work with generic hdmi adaptors.
    I'm asking because I have a generic hdmi adaptor.
    I'll be testing it tomorrow in any case.

It should work with any vga/hdmi adaptor that works with the ipad. It's like an external screen

• @Toastedghost said:
    The above images were in crop mode. The 2 images below in fit mode same issue.
    and in full screen

Thanks for the test. We need to investigate.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Gravitas said:

@sinosoidal said:

@NimboStratus said:

Does this only work with the Apple hdmi adaptor or
    would it work with generic hdmi adaptors.
    I'm asking because I have a generic hdmi adaptor.
    I'll be testing it tomorrow in any case.

It should work with any vga/hdmi adaptor that works with the ipad. It's like an external screen

Cool.

On the morrow.

• @sinosoidal said:

@NimboStratus said:

3rd gen is USB C not lightning

• @NimboStratus said:

@sinosoidal said:

@NimboStratus said:

3rd gen is USB C not lightning

Oh, sorry! :blush:

Then you need to find a USB-C adaptor that has VGA/HDMI output. Never tried myself so I can't recommend any.

• edited June 2021

@lukesleepwalker said:

@sinosoidal said:
    There is a new beta available:

• Add support for HDMI on iOS (standalone only)
    • Add MIDI activity indicator
    • Fix modulators buttons checked state
    • Fix gif not playing bug
    • Fix demo tempo when changing presets

Does anyone here have a HDMI adaptor to test this?

I do, but I’m not on the beta

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@wim said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    I’m still trying to wrap my head around this. So, if one were to run multiple instances of VS on various audio channels, could the visuals from all (or some) of them be blended together somehow on a single screen?

Or is it better to do everything within a single instance?

Single instance. There would be no reason I can think of to use multiple instances, and it would kill your CPU. Just route any audio and/or midi to the instance that you need. In AUM, set the input of a channel to a bus, add VS as an FX, then use bus sends on any channels you want to influence the visual, and route midi to VS if you want to influence it that way.

Yes, summing audio to a bus is the path here but i think the disconnect for many will be “but i want to isolate the kick drum and sync this flashing thing to it “.

Right, so what we can do is rather isolate

@sinosoidal said:

Send me pvt with your TestFlight email

• @sinosoidal said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@wim said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    I’m still trying to wrap my head around this. So, if one were to run multiple instances of VS on various audio channels, could the visuals from all (or some) of them be blended together somehow on a single screen?

Or is it better to do everything within a single instance?

Single instance. There would be no reason I can think of to use multiple instances, and it would kill your CPU. Just route any audio and/or midi to the instance that you need. In AUM, set the input of a channel to a bus, add VS as an FX, then use bus sends on any channels you want to influence the visual, and route midi to VS if you want to influence it that way.

Yes, summing audio to a bus is the path here but i think the disconnect for many will be “but i want to isolate the kick drum and sync this flashing thing to it “.

Right, so what we can do is rather isolate

@sinosoidal said:

Send me pvt with your TestFlight email

Done

• A lot of USB-C hubs for iPad Pro have HDMI.

• @mojozart said:
    A lot of USB-C hubs for iPad Pro have HDMI.

Yup, I bought this one:

https://www.hypershop.com/collections/all/products/hyperdrive-gen2-12-in-1-usb-c-hub

• Quick question probably already answered on this thread elsewhere, so apologies for the repetition - how are other people capturing the video when using the app inside AUM? I can go full screen and use the native iOS screen recorder but I then have to find a way of cropping out the box the video is running in.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Quick question probably already answered on this thread elsewhere, so apologies for the repetition - how are other people capturing the video when using the app inside AUM? I can go full screen and use the native iOS screen recorder but I then have to find a way of cropping out the box the video is running in.

Think that is the only way until either AUM allows full screen AUV3 or VS allows rendering to file. Hopefully both are coming in an update - fingers crossed.

• HDMI works fine for me in the latest beta @sinosoidal
    Great app, loving it!

• HDMI works here and videos are
    now accessible from ‘Photos’.

• @Richtowns said:
    HDMI works fine for me in the latest beta @sinosoidal
    Great app, loving it!

:heart:

• @Gravitas said:
    HDMI works here and videos are
    now accessible from ‘Photos’.

Cool! :sunglasses:

• @NimboStratus said:

@Svetlovska said:
    Quick question probably already answered on this thread elsewhere, so apologies for the repetition - how are other people capturing the video when using the app inside AUM? I can go full screen and use the native iOS screen recorder but I then have to find a way of cropping out the box the video is running in.

Think that is the only way until either AUM allows full screen AUV3 or VS allows rendering to file. Hopefully both are coming in an update - fingers crossed.

I've asked @j_liljedahl from AUM to see if it is possible to create a super full screen mode for AUv3 windows. He is going to consider.

We are also working on having a render to file option.

• @sinosoidal said:

@NimboStratus said:

@Svetlovska said:

I've asked @j_liljedahl from AUM to see if it is possible to create a super full screen mode for AUv3 windows. He is going to consider.

LEGEND!

• @sinosoidal said:

@NimboStratus said:

@Svetlovska said:

This along with Lumia Fusion 3 is going to be a match made in heaven.

• Another app just updated with midi sync is the animation app Looom.

Anyone used that yet?

Here is someone using it with a OPZ pre update.

Could be cool to design a layer to use in VS.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Another app just updated with midi sync is the animation app Looom.

Anyone used that yet?

Here is someone using it with a OPZ pre update.

Could be cool to design a layer to use in VS.

That's super cool, need to check that out.

• @sinosoidal said:

@NimboStratus said:

@Svetlovska said:

Will the render be like a record session or more of where it runs through the length of like the longest video and save that as a file?

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@sinosoidal said:

@NimboStratus said:

@Svetlovska said:

Will the render be like a record session or more of where it runs through the length of like the longest video and save that as a file?

Sorry, I'm not understanding the difference between your two descriptions.

• @sinosoidal yeah I didn’t word that well. On some video apps, their version of rendering is to hit the record button and then it records and saves that. On others that I have used, the render is like an export of the file that’s present where I load a video and make edits and then export that file as a whole but no option to record, if that clears it up any. Basically I’m asking if we’ll be able to hit a record button to record the performance and then save that as a file

• @sinosoidal

Just a heads up....the same issues with certain material x / y position differences in preview window with tools open vs maximised preview window & maximised preview vs pop out window exist on desktop.....

Both materials are centred here. But look at the difference in positioning between the maximised preview window (left) and the pop out (right)

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

+1 for live record of performance to video file. I can't see as much use for a straight-up export to file, or even figure how that would work with something like this.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the desktop version to make use of the added processing oomph. Are there any added features (such as save video to file) in the desktop version?

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    @sinosoidal yeah I didn’t word that well. On some video apps, their version of rendering is to hit the record button and then it records and saves that. On others that I have used, the render is like an export of the file that’s present where I load a video and make edits and then export that file as a whole but no option to record, if that clears it up any. Basically I’m asking if we’ll be able to hit a record button to record the performance and then save that as a file

The way I see it is that we will need to press the button to record because VS relies on midi events that will arrive in real time.

• @sinosoidal very glad to hear that!

• @sinosoidal said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    @sinosoidal yeah I didn’t word that well. On some video apps, their version of rendering is to hit the record button and then it records and saves that. On others that I have used, the render is like an export of the file that’s present where I load a video and make edits and then export that file as a whole but no option to record, if that clears it up any. Basically I’m asking if we’ll be able to hit a record button to record the performance and then save that as a file

The way I see it is that we will need to press the button to record because VS relies on midi events that will arrive in real time.

How about a simple midi note on/off or cc message
    to start and stop the recording?

• @zeropoint said:
    @sinosoidal

Just a heads up....the same issues with certain material x / y position differences in preview window with tools open vs maximised preview window & maximised preview vs pop out window exist on desktop.....

Both materials are centred here. But look at the difference in positioning between the maximised preview window (left) and the pop out (right)

Sometimes, > @Gravitas said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

How about a simple midi note on/off or cc message
    to start and stop the recording?

That's actually a good idea. A midi mapable record button! :blush: