Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead 25th Anniversary Edition - Out Now!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

@pmartini said:
    Ableton Link ?

Doesn't need it unless you're using it in standalone. It's not planned for the standalone: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/967738/#Comment_967738

• @brambos said:

@ronnieb said:
    Is there any way to mute a channel on the master out but not the multibus out?

That will be possible in 1.0.1. I will be submitting that to Apple today.

muy obrigado!

• This is great!.

@brambos would you mind commenting on these suggestions?. Stellar work, HH is so much fun.👏🙌

@tahiche said:
    Loving Hammerhead, instant gratification. @brambos just does it right.
    I do have a couple of requests that I miss and believe would be very useful.

• Decoupling sequence data from sounds in a preset, so you can try out different sounds/kits once you got a sequence going.
    • I’d really like to have some “global” adjustments per kit piece. Like have a shorter decay on a kick, or tune down a sample without having to dial it on each step. In short, provide that control on a “kit piece” level. We have that in Ruismaker (decay, tune, etc).
    • Sort of related to the above… being able to save and recall individual kit pieces, like save a custom sample kick (goes with the previous point if you could modify some aspects of the sound), and have like “favorites” that you could go through.
    • Finally it’d be amazing if instead of choosing classic, user samples or drum synth we could combine them (i understand this one might be huge).

Congratulations on a grrreat app!

• @tahiche said:

@tahiche said:
    Loving Hammerhead, instant gratification. @brambos just does it right.
    I do have a couple of requests that I miss and believe would be very useful.

• Decoupling sequence data from sounds in a preset, so you can try out different sounds/kits once you got a sequence going.
    • I’d really like to have some “global” adjustments per kit piece. Like have a shorter decay on a kick, or tune down a sample without having to dial it on each step. In short, provide that control on a “kit piece” level. We have that in Ruismaker (decay, tune, etc).
    • Sort of related to the above… being able to save and recall individual kit pieces, like save a custom sample kick (goes with the previous point if you could modify some aspects of the sound), and have like “favorites” that you could go through.
    • Finally it’d be amazing if instead of choosing classic, user samples or drum synth we could combine them (i understand this one might be huge).

Yes, for now none of these are in the cards as they would require quite fundamental changes to how the internal architecture works, even though they might seem relatively simple from a UI perspective ;)

• @wim said:

@pmartini said:
    Ableton Link ?

Doesn't need it unless you're using it in standalone. It's not planned for the standalone: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/967738/#Comment_967738

Thanks

• Version 1.0.1 is now available:

Updates, additions and fixes:

• Instrument and mixer panels sometimes didn't show correctly when first opening
    • Retain loop/choke settings when replacing user WAV
    • Audition button in the Sounds panel
    • Thicker, clearer lines in parameter lanes
    • Sample StartPt. position 8 now triggers a "soft choke" on currently playing sound
    • Sometimes the iOS Home Swipe bar would interfere with the tempo controls
    • Channel Levels are now disconnected from Multiout channels:

• So you can now mute your multi-out channels from the main mix
      • You can now use multi-out for effect sends
      • Use multi-out for New York style parallel compression
    • Standalone app responds more gracefully to system interruptions (e.g. timers, phone calls, etc.)

• Parameter Lane "crosstalk" glitch solved
    • MIDI Output responds correctly to probability/chance settings

Don't forget to leave a review if you're enjoying Hammerhead :-)

• edited June 2021

Great update cheers @brambos 👍

• @brambos
    Audition button in the Sounds panel Is great
    Can see much better in the view panel now
    Sweet

• Superb update @brambos !! 👏🏼🙌🏼

• Most excellent

• Eh, needs more random algorithms. Won’t buy until fixed

• edited June 2021

Two quick diagrams for anyone who is experimenting with mixing different pattern divisions...

Summary:

• Setting 12 Divisions will give you perfect 8th triplets.
    • Combining several of the irregular divisions (second image) can generate some incredible jittery syncopation - for example, try combining multiple closed hihat rhythms on 3 lanes of 1/13, 1/9 and 1/7 divisions.
    • Combine irregular divisions with swing for even more exaggerated shuffle timing.

• Thank You Bram ++

• @tk32 said:
    Two quick diagrams for anyone who is experimenting with mixing different pattern divisions...

Summary:

• Combining several of the irregular divisions (second image) can generate some incredible jittery syncopation - for example, try combining multiple closed hihat rhtyhms on 3 lanes of 1/13, 1/9 and 1/7 divisions.
    • Combine irregular divisions with swing for even more exaggerated shuffle timing.

These really are superb, mate.

• @tk32 said:

Summary:

• Combining several of the irregular divisions (second image) can generate some incredible jittery syncopation - for example, try combining multiple closed hihat rhtyhms on 3 lanes of 1/13, 1/9 and 1/7 divisions.

Lovely diagrams!. Thanks!.
    It’s so nice to find these little nuggets. Gotta love this forum! 🙏

• @tk32 said:

Summary:

This is quality content. <3

• @oat_phipps said:
    Eh, needs more random algorithms. Won’t buy until fixed

Choosing random algorithms manually is so 2020. Hammerhead chooses its random algos randomly.

• @tk32 said:

Summary:

• Combining several of the irregular divisions (second image) can generate some incredible jittery syncopation - for example, try combining multiple closed hihat rhythms on 3 lanes of 1/13, 1/9 and 1/7 divisions.

fantastic !

• edited June 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Does HH have predesignated CC assignments? I thought I read so a few days ago, but I may have been mistaken. Rtfm already ;)

• edited June 2021

@aleyas said:
    Does HH have predesignated CC assignments? I thought I read so a few days ago, but I may have been mistaken. Rtfm already ;)

They are there but they’re “unlisted”. I automatically make them for all AU parameters as a fallback. But since they only work in the AU anyway I recommend using AU Parameters whenever possible since most hosts support those these days ;)

If you need them I will make a list.

• @brambos said:

@aleyas said:
    Does HH have predesignated CC assignments? I thought I read so a few days ago, but I may have been mistaken. Rtfm already ;)

They are there but they’re “unlisted”. I automatically make them for all AU parameters as a fallback. But since they only work in the AU anyway I recommend using AU Parameters whenever possible since most hosts support those these days ;)

Could I trouble you for that list? I’d like to make and share some controllers for HH. So in order for it to work for everyone I’ll need to use the default mappings 🙂

• I’m loving running some loops into Hammerhead and just seeing what happens. Loops with different bpm’s and fiddling around with start positions, you don’t know what’s gonna come out, keeps surprising you. Specially if you don’t even know what the sample sounds like beforehand. So much more than a drum machine, amazing app.

• @tk32 said:

Summary:

Thank you! I really didn’t want to do the extra math as I create audible mathematics and I’ve really been meaning to sit down and figure this out

• Thanks for the update @brambos
    The thicker lines in the parameter lane is highly appreciated 😊

• Nice update, the audition is a big help. :)

• @winconway said:
    1.01 update

Thank you much..

• edited June 2021

@aleyas said:

@brambos said:

@aleyas said:

Could I trouble you for that list? I’d like to make and share some controllers for HH. So in order for it to work for everyone I’ll need to use the default mappings 🙂

P_VOLUME       13
    P_SHUFFLE      14
    P_SOUL         15
    P_DISTORT      16
    P_COMPRESS     17
    P_CHAOS        18
    P_CHANCE       19
    P_MUTATE       20

P_LEVEL1       21
    P_LEVEL2       22
    P_LEVEL3       23
    P_LEVEL4       24