Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth - early beta look

Comments

• do we know the dev, or it's new one?

• ButterSynth is from Kirnu Interactive which is me :smile: Just started closed beta testing with iPad version. I hope you guys like the synth when it's released. If you want to beta test the very early version let me know

• Beautiful GUI plus all those synth engines make it an instabuy for me. Can't wait!

• Looks very intriguing!

• Looks very intriguing!

• Great news🤟🤟🤟

• @AliAhmet said:

@enkaytee said:
    @AliAhmet Interesting - are you looking for testers? 😁

It's not my app.

Sorry - my bad....!

• @Kirnu said:
    ButterSynth is from Kirnu Interactive which is me :smile: Just started closed beta testing with iPad version. I hope you guys like the synth when it's released. If you want to beta test the very early version let me know

Love to help if you still need beta testers - I'll DM you...

• @enkaytee said:

@AliAhmet said:

@enkaytee said:
    @AliAhmet Interesting - are you looking for testers? 😁

It's not my app.

Sorry - my bad....!

No problem :smile:

• That’s great looking and powerhouse synth.

• Sounds great! Loads fast!

• Me likey. Me likey a lot.

• edited June 2021

@DarkAum3o said:
    What about this new feature

Yeah, this part is less common on iPadOS. It might make a significant difference as people spend the time needed to really tweak those wavetables.

At least one person is trying to build hype around this product, claiming that it’ll have all the features we like. With such long development cycles, it might be best to release the product and let it speak for itself. If it’s really that good, it’ll find its audience (still a small niche of people like us). If it’s overpromised and underdelivered, the effect on our scene will be more negative than an ok product.

• Dm sent!

• Nice.. from another thread.. will love to see the SEQ.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/43624/kirnu-buttersynth#latest

• @Kirnu said:
    ButterSynth is from Kirnu Interactive which is me :smile: Just started closed beta testing with iPad version. I hope you guys like the synth when it's released. If you want to beta test the very early version let me know

Nice clean layout. Good design isn’t easy to do, but it looks like you/your company have put the hard work in.

• Very well designed layout. If it has so many possibilities, I hope it comes with many presets :smile:

• Blow away with the options and deep control this synth offers. One It matures sure it will be up there with the best of them. So well laid out Kudos to the dev.

• Does this beta have any presets? Mine are blank

• @reasOne said:
    Does this beta have any presets? Mine are blank

No not as yet no presets but quite a lot of content for individual OSCs.

• edited June 2021

Seems like maybe the App Store is messing up because my Butter Synth beta update still crashes when I press the preset arrows.

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Seems like maybe the App Store is messing up because my Butter Synth beta update still crashes when I press the preset arrows.

If you read the beta notes the dev warns of this.

• edited June 2021

@Jumpercollins said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

If you read the beta notes the dev warns of this.

The recent update mentions a fix for it.

• Am I the only one who can’t seem to get the envelopes to modulate the filters? The destionation will assign, the amount and gain controls the cutoff but there is no envelope, its like a fixed offset voltage?

• How do you engage the step sequencer on this thing. It's probably staring me in the face but can't get it to affect the notes.?

• edited July 2021

@Jumpercollins said:
    How do you engage the step sequencer on this thing. It's probably staring me in the face but can't get it to affect the notes.?

(From memory.. I'm away from my iPad today)...

The step sequencer has to be turned on in the Ctrl tab, then mapped to a parameter in the Matrix tab. Finally, the 'amount' of modulation in the Matrix tab has to be above zero.

• @tk32 Cheers I will give that a go.

• @ronnieb said:
    Am I the only one who can’t seem to get the envelopes to modulate the filters? The destionation will assign, the amount and gain controls the cutoff but there is no envelope, its like a fixed offset voltage?

You need to enable the filter under the waveform display plus add a modulation from ENV to Filter on the Matrix page.

• @tk32 said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    How do you engage the step sequencer on this thing. It's probably staring me in the face but can't get it to affect the notes.?

(From memory.. I'm away from my iPad today)...

The step sequencer has to be turned on in the EFX tab, then mapped to a parameter in the Ctrl tab. Finally, the 'amount' of modulation in the ctrl tab has to be above zero.

@tk32 Ok think I got it working via selecting the step sequencer via the Matrix tab as a mod source and sending it to my chosen destination LFO, cutoff etc and then setting up the step sequencer 1to 4 depending what I’ve picked and adjusting the curve envelopes.

• @rs2000 said:

@ronnieb said:
    Am I the only one who can’t seem to get the envelopes to modulate the filters? The destionation will assign, the amount and gain controls the cutoff but there is no envelope, its like a fixed offset voltage?

You need to enable the filter under the waveform display plus add a modulation from ENV to Filter on the Matrix page.

Yeah I knew this but turns out there was a few bugs with the ends but all seems to be ironed out now though