Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead 25th Anniversary Edition - Out Now!

Comments

• @gusgranite said:
    Glitch and Mutate as midi out is pretty fun too. Have one channel playing in HH, duplicate the channel in AUM, turn up the Glitch and Mutate on the duplicate and sent that midi out to a different drum app.

What does glitch do exactly for midi out? I assumed it was an internal thing only

• @NoiseFloored said:

@gusgranite said:
    Glitch and Mutate as midi out is pretty fun too. Have one channel playing in HH, duplicate the channel in AUM, turn up the Glitch and Mutate on the duplicate and sent that midi out to a different drum app.

What does glitch do exactly for midi out? I assumed it was an internal thing only

Doh, sorry you are right. I was getting carried away with the wonderful noise of Mutate midi out. Glitch is internal audio only...

• @gusgranite said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@gusgranite said:

Doh, sorry you are right. I was getting carried away with the wonderful noise of Mutate midi out. Glitch is internal audio only...

Huh? Both glitch and mutation are audio effects only according to the dev. Scroll back a few pages to hear it from Bram himself.

• @FPC said:

@gusgranite said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@gusgranite said:

Huh? Both glitch and mutation are audio effects only according to the dev. Scroll back a few pages to hear it from Bram himself.

Try it out. Mutation is definitely altering the midi out sequence.

• @gusgranite said:

@FPC said:

@gusgranite said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@gusgranite said:

Yes, mutation certainly does output to MIDI. Only the Glitch is an audio effect :)

• @brambos any chance of making the Chance lane affect midi out?

• @brambos said:

@gusgranite said:

@FPC said:

@gusgranite said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@gusgranite said:

Yes, mutation certainly does output to MIDI. Only the Glitch is an audio effect :)

Oh. I stand corrected 👍

• @NoiseFloored said:
    @brambos any chance of making the Chance lane affect midi out?

It should already do that? If not I’ll make it so, because it should.

• May I present to you Hammerhableton. Sorry the clips aren’t mixed but I just wanted to demonstrate clip launching with Hammerhead, Atom, and a launchpad

• @brambos said:

@NoiseFloored said:

Thanks! I’m pretty sure it doesn’t, unless I’m doing something wrong.

• @NoiseFloored said:

@brambos said:

@NoiseFloored said:

I’ll check and put it on the list for 1.0.1 :)

• multi-output works like duplicating sound of each channel to separate output . seems bug 🤔

• @tk32 said:
    HammerDread

DreadHammer.....Heavy dub....and you WILL like it :lol:

• @brambos said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@brambos said:

@NoiseFloored said:

I’ll check and put it on the list for 1.0.1 :)

Thank you :)

• @Emanresu said:
    multi-output works like duplicating sound of each channel to separate output . seems bug 🤔

That's what multi-output is... If you mean you have 2 copies now it's because you have the master output connected too. I'd suggest disconnecting that.

• Ok, I took the plunge even though this ain’t my type of thing. Please help me understand something. If I wish to trigger sounds in Slammer then how do I tell Hammerhead to send out notes on C, C#,D,D#,E,F and so on?
    Is it possible? My apologies if this is a daft question... Ta.

• edited June 2021

Back again to praise the mutation. Even to just a basic ABCs kick-snare with a lively hihat pattern, it keeps things lively enough to not get bored with repeating and jamming on it. Maybe the Rozeta one was always this good too, but I feel like the way this one adjusts to the type of patterns is more advanced and natural. It seems if you have a very simple pattern, it still stays very simple with mutation, which is very nice. No 4th beat snare hits ruining the straight groove or anything like that.

Oh, and flam!

• @rud said:
    Ok, I took the plunge even though this ain’t my type of thing. Please help me understand something. If I wish to trigger sounds in Slammer then how do I tell Hammerhead to send out notes on C, C#,D,D#,E,F and so on?
    Is it possible? My apologies if this is a daft question... Ta.

Not a daft question.

Hammerhead outputs notes on the Ruismaker mappings (see image). Slammer doesn’t let you configure the incoming notes. To map them to 8 of the Slammer pads you will need a midi mapper app to transpose the notes like Midi Tools, Mozaic or StreamByter etc.

• Thank you @gusgranite I’ll get streambyter 👍

• edited June 2021

@rud said:
    Thank you @gusgranite I’ll get streambyter 👍

Is StreamByter free now?

For anyone who has Midi Tools, here’s a preset mapping Hammerhead to Slammer. To map it to a different drum app you just need to change the transpose values for each range.

• edited June 2021

I actually prefer Rozeta X0X to Slammer because of the velocity variation control (Slammer has something like round robin - different hits on different velocities). Or you can use another midi tool app for that too!

• @PeteSasqwax said:

@Emanresu said:
    multi-output works like duplicating sound of each channel to separate output . seems bug 🤔

That's what multi-output is... If you mean you have 2 copies now it's because you have the master output connected too. I'd suggest disconnecting that.

But this is not best solution. I use, for example, only one plugin channel in separate output, but for this I need to create 7 additional outputs in order to hear the rest instead of remaining only these 7 on master out. Some examples how easy to do:

• @Spidericemidas said:

@sevenape said:
    I had a ruff and dirty jam. Man this app is just a case of pure fun. The levels are everywhere and it was just a few samples loaded in.

Niiice!! Reminds me of LTJ Bukem’s Logical Progression album. All this coming from one simple box is amazing! Purchased yesterday and enjoying it a lot already.

It totally does! Still a classic ...

• @Fingolfinzz Holy crap man!!!! That’s insane.

• @Emanresu said:

@PeteSasqwax said:

@Emanresu said:

But this is not best solution. I use, for example, only one plugin channel in separate output, but for this I need to create 7 additional outputs in order to hear the rest instead of remaining only these 7 on master out. Some examples how easy to do:

I too prefer the GR-16 way of allowing you to pick the output for each channel.

On the other hand, FAC handles this differently but still simply by having the ability to mute each drum from the main output.

Either way works for me. I don't much like it when multi-out apps don't give you this kind of flexibility.

• Am I overlooking something? When triggering patterns from the keyboard in Cubasis, the trigger note is also recorded (C0 etc.). I guess that’s the way it has to be, considering it’s all MIDI entry?

Feature request/question also… can the Chance-Mutation be assigned to just specific channels/sounds?

Such a nice app!

• edited June 2021

Acid Head

• Can we use Hammerhead multi out inside Drambo? Not seeing multi out listed ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Can we use Hammerhead multi out inside Drambo? Not seeing multi out listed ?

Same for me, but with Audiobus

• The multi-out is in the standard Audio Unit, there's no separate multi-out version of the plugin.
    Mix/master output = channel 0
    Instrument 1 = channel 1
    Instrument 2 = channel 2
    etc.