Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Controlling Glitch Clip or 100VJ from iPad midi apps?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/glitch-clip-vj-for-everyone/id1487987092

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/100vj/id1389748239

I was hoping to mess around with one of these apps, controlling visual clips and effects with Drambo or some other app. But it seems neither can connect to the iOS midi. I’ve tried routings directly from Drambo, with Audiobus, over WiFi and Bluetooth from an iPhone, FreEWI (had some momentary glitchy connection there) . Nothing seems to work.

Any solutions? Or can these only talk to actual midi hardware?

Comments

• It was possible in the case of glitch clip (which is no longer under the care of its original developper).
    Current 'owner' is aware of the issue but I think hasn't taken it up.
    Until some months ago MIDI connectivity worked fine. Now it no longer responds to both soft and harware controllers. (Only in a glitchlike way it sometimes reacts to MIDI)

• VS might be the better new choice for viz.

• @janpieter ah got it. Since the current owner doesn’t seem to care I think I will take advantage of the refund system for a real bug.

@auxmux At the rate it’s developing I am excited about VS. but I’m not interested in using preset visualization templates; I’d like multiple clips to interact with each other and Audio/midi.

• @bcrichards said:
    @janpieter ah got it. Since the current owner doesn’t seem to care I think I will take advantage of the refund system for a real bug.

@auxmux At the rate it’s developing I am excited about VS. but I’m not interested in using preset visualization templates; I’d like multiple clips to interact with each other and Audio/midi.

I got the 100VJ app for 1Euro, interesting but MIDI indeed does not work. I tried to contact the dev on a seemingly abandoned forum..

• edited June 2021

Just tried Pixel node, it can only respond to one active midi message at a time because it’s always in learn mode :O

• In my opinion, VS is the best thing for it right now but the lack of customization is definitely limiting. GlitchClip would be incredible if the new dev would deal with the issues. Have you looked at TouchViz? I always forget about it but it’s very useful and can respond to midi

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    In my opinion, VS is the best thing for it right now but the lack of customization is definitely limiting. GlitchClip would be incredible if the new dev would deal with the issues. Have you looked at TouchViz? I always forget about it but it’s very useful and can respond to midi

I sure hope @sinosoidal and the VS team are looking closely at GlitchClip because it's so easy and fun to get a sophisticated video going. VS has an even better foundation than GlitchClip (AUv3!) and the developers have a track record of developing their apps with customer feedback guiding them. Anyway, my money is on VS for the future.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    In my opinion, VS is the best thing for it right now but the lack of customization is definitely limiting. GlitchClip would be incredible if the new dev would deal with the issues. Have you looked at TouchViz? I always forget about it but it’s very useful and can respond to midi

I sure hope @sinosoidal and the VS team are looking closely at GlitchClip because it's so easy and fun to get a sophisticated video going. VS has an even better foundation than GlitchClip (AUv3!) and the developers have a track record of developing their apps with customer feedback guiding them. Anyway, my money is on VS for the future.

Yes! I’ll even buy them a copy of GlitchClip if they need it to reference haha. The foundation they have made for VS is extremely promising and I have Drambo levels of excitement for the future of the app with these awesome developers cos they made something that’s really been missing from iOS

• I’d seen some comments here about touchvis responding to midi but sluggishly. Will probably dive into VS soon. @theinvisibleman and @childofthecorndog have me inspired with their crafty videos.

• edited November 2021

@bcrichards said:
    @janpieter ah got it. Since the current owner doesn’t seem to care I think I will take advantage of the refund system for a real bug.

If interested: VJ100 does respond to MIDI over Bluetooth.. be it sometimes crashing but doable for simple tasks.

• edited November 2021

@janpieter said:

@bcrichards said:

@lukesleepwalker

If interested: VJ100 does respond to MIDI over Bluetooth.. be it sometimes crashing but doable for simple tasks.

• @janpieter said:

@janpieter said:

@bcrichards said:

@lukesleepwalker

👍 thx!