Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I’ve just got this for Drumkit, only have one pattern going in AUM, but it keeps stuttering for a beat or two every 30 secs-1 min or so, as if the tempos are off between AUM and Atom and it is resyncing (just a theory, not sure what is really going on). Am I doing something wrong? Again, not using any advanced features or anything, just a simple 4 bar pattern, no fancy time signatures, and I’m getting these hiccups.

@tk32 said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I’ve just got this for Drumkit, only have one pattern going in AUM, but it keeps stuttering for a beat or two every 30 secs-1 min or so, as if the tempos are off between AUM and Atom and it is resyncing (just a theory, not sure what is really going on). Am I doing something wrong? Again, not using any advanced features or anything, just a simple 4 bar pattern, no fancy time signatures, and I’m getting these hiccups.

How strange. I've not encountered a bug like this yet after many months of testing. Feel free to PM me the project.

Does it also happen if you unload Drumkit, or replace it with another app - such as a synth?

I haven’t seen anything like that, and I’ve been using it a lot.

You might just need to restart your IPad/phone.

Have you been using it with the FAC Drumkit? It’s the only app I’m having a problem with.

Yes. Haven’t noticed any issues. Have you rebooted?

Yup, have just now. Still a problem. But only with Drumkit it seems.

In AUM?

I’m trying to recreate the issue here at work with just my phone (11 Pro max w/14.6).

So I have AUM open, with a single instance of FAC Drumkit on an audio channel, and a single instance of Atom 2 (oh, I’m on the Atom 2 beta so that might make a difference) driving it.

Created a 4 bar pattern - just thought of something - you say there’s a “hiccup”? Have you tried discarding the Atom instance and adding a new one? The reason I ask, is because if you might have deleted notes and entered other notes elsewhere in the same instance, there may still be some invisible “black box” data still present from the deleted parts.

I think @blueveek has already addressed this, but I’ve still been making it a habit to discard the whole instance to really “clear” it and work with a fresh instance.

Just thinking out loud here as my 4 bar pattern continues to loop in time, without any issues.

Well, I just switched to apeMatrix and loaded Drumkit and Atom 2 fresh, made a quick pattern, and still have the problem, although that stutter/gap happens much less often in apeMatrix for some reason. I dunno what the deal is

Interesting! Well so much for my theory lol

I guess I’ll just try deleting Drumkit and reinstalling. Thanks for checking it out.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@tk32 said:

@oat_phipps said:

How strange. I've not encountered a bug like this yet after many months of testing. Feel free to PM me the project.

Does it also happen if you unload Drumkit, or replace it with another app - such as a synth?

Have you been using it with the FAC Drumkit? It’s the only app I’m having a problem with.

In AUM?

I’m trying to recreate the issue here at work with just my phone (11 Pro max w/14.6).

So I have AUM open, with a single instance of FAC Drumkit on an audio channel, and a single instance of Atom 2 (oh, I’m on the Atom 2 beta so that might make a difference) driving it.

Created a 4 bar pattern - just thought of something - you say there’s a “hiccup”? Have you tried discarding the Atom instance and adding a new one? The reason I ask, is because if you might have deleted notes and entered other notes elsewhere in the same instance, there may still be some invisible “black box” data still present from the deleted parts.

I think @blueveek has already addressed this, but I’ve still been making it a habit to discard the whole instance to really “clear” it and work with a fresh instance.

Just thinking out loud here as my 4 bar pattern continues to loop in time, without any issues.

Well, I just switched to apeMatrix and loaded Drumkit and Atom 2 fresh, made a quick pattern, and still have the problem, although that stutter/gap happens much less often in apeMatrix for some reason. Switching to Ruismaker and adding to the pattern due to different midi notes, and it’s rock solid. I dunno what the deal is. Sent FAC a message. We’ll see. Bummer.

What hardware & os version are you on? Sample rate & buffer size? Tempo? Is this a simple 4-on-the-floor bass drum-only pattern or are you trying to play all 16 channels? Do your symptoms change if you simplify the pattern?

• edited June 2021

@xor said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@tk32 said:

@oat_phipps said:

In AUM?

Well, I just switched to apeMatrix and loaded Drumkit and Atom 2 fresh, made a quick pattern, and still have the problem, although that stutter/gap happens much less often in apeMatrix for some reason. Switching to Ruismaker and adding to the pattern due to different midi notes, and it’s rock solid. I dunno what the deal is. Sent FAC a message. We’ll see. Bummer.

What hardware & os version are you on? Sample rate & buffer size? Tempo? Is this a simple 4-on-the-floor bass drum-only pattern or are you trying to play all 16 channels? Do your symptoms change if you simplify the pattern?

Kick-snare alternating, two claps, quarter note hi hats…bout as simple as you can get. 14.6 iPad Pro 2020, 256/48/24, 106 tempo (tempo doesn’t affect the issue)

• @oat_phipps said:

@xor said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@tk32 said:

@oat_phipps said:

In AUM?

Kick-snare alternating, two claps, quarter note hi hats…bout as simple as you can get. 14.6 iPad Pro 2020, 256/48/24, 106 tempo (tempo doesn’t affect the issue)

Yep, simple. Have you tried a different kit? Have you tried just starting with the kick, then adding snare, then claps, then hats and see where it starts going south?

• @xor said:

@oat_phipps said:

@xor said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@oat_phipps said:

@tk32 said:

@oat_phipps said:

In AUM?

Yep, simple. Have you tried a different kit? Have you tried just starting with the kick, then adding snare, then claps, then hats and see where it starts going south?

Yeah, mon.

• Quick question that I can’t seem to find the answer to...

Does Atom 2 support the original Launchpad Pro the way it does the newer MK3, or is there at least a script already written somewhere? Thanks.

• @soundshaper said:
    Quick question that I can’t seem to find the answer to...

Does Atom 2 support the original Launchpad Pro the way it does the newer MK3, or is there at least a script already written somewhere? Thanks.

Hi. Unfortunately only the mk3 models are supported natively. Blueveek bought the Launchpad X, Mini mk3 and Pro mk3 so he could ensure support for these out-of-the-box.

However, it should be possible for willing and able community members to add support for older Launchpads (and other MIDI controllers) via a custom script.

If you have an older launchpad and fancy giving custom scripting a try, you can read more about it here:
    https://github.com/victorporof/atom

• @tk32 said:

@soundshaper said:

Hi. Unfortunately only the mk3 models are supported natively. Blueveek bought the Launchpad X, Mini mk3 and Pro mk3 so he could ensure support for these out-of-the-box.

However, it should be possible for willing and able community members to add support for older Launchpads (and other MIDI controllers) via a custom script.

If you have an older launchpad and fancy giving custom scripting a try, you can read more about it here:

Thank you!

• Hi all ... Is the new manual available yet?

• @eroxxx said:
    Hi all ... Is the new manual available yet?

just need it to be signed-off by the big chief.

• @tk32 said:

@eroxxx said:

Fantastic!

• @tk32 said:

@eroxxx said:

Sweet! Can’t wait to see it!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Hope it gets changed in the future.

Also the Sausage fingers and Roboto modes are very welcome however any chance we can have these modes with a global check box setting on and off as at present each AU instance of Atom 2 I open works independently. It would be nice to have both choices. As personally every instance of Atom 2 I open I would sausage fingers and the Roboto larger font size set all the time.

Echoing the need for applying settings globally. I’m using Launchpad Mini mk3 and have a grid of Atom2 clips, making it painful to make any change that I want to apply globally. Love how it works like one unifying instance in many other ways, but it feels incomplete in that respect. Am I missing a workaround / alternative, like AUM presets? Latest example was wanting to change the launch style – I appreciate being able to have special behaviors for individual clips if I wanted to, but it’s especially painful during the onboarding process where I’m still learning what settings I want. Thanks!

• Is it possible to edit the Launchpad Mini mk3 JS script for my own version? I would like to add the ability to have AUM open the corresponding Atom2 instance and arm record by long pressing the Launchpad pad. Currently the Mini is only good for playback, not editing. Thanks

• @soundshaper said:

@tk32 said:

@soundshaper said:

Thank you!

Please share the script here if you get your own working :) preferably in its own thread. I have an original LPP but as well so would very much like to use it with Atom 2.

• @gonekrazy3000 , @soundshaper Please be aware there is an Atom Patchstorage section. In my opinion, the best option to make such scripts generally available.

• edited June 2021

The Atom2 manual update is now live and available directly in the app. Thanks again for all your patience.

Also available at tinyurl.com/Atom2Manual and tinyurl.com/Atom2PrintMan

• @tk32 said:
    The Atom2 manual update is now live and available directly in the app. Thanks again for all your patience.

Many thanks @tk32 , looks great and I already learned a few new tricks.

• many tx @tk32

• @tk32 said:

Also available at tinyurl.com/Atom2Manual and tinyurl.com/Atom2PrintMan

This is amazing work @tk32 - Kudos to you, my friend.

• edited June 2021

Nice, no, Great work.... Thanks..

• @tk32 Brilliant work on the manual.. it’s as gorgeous as Atom 2 itself.. 😁
    And yes.. I learned a thing or two that I didn’t know before reading this updated manual.. thank you.. 🙏

• edited June 2021

Thanks for the kind words all.

If the manual achieves just a fraction of the beauty of this app, I’d be delighted.

I’m just honoured to be involved with this app

• @tk32 said:
    Thanks for the kind words all.

If the manual achieves just a fraction of the beauty of this app, I’d be delighted.

I’m just honoured to be involved with this app

Another thanks from me, great job with the manual!

• Beautiful work @tk32, as ever 😉

• @tk32 thx...big respect 🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽

• Wow! @tk32 this has got to be the most gorgeous manual I’ve ever seen! So many nice little touches everywhere, just like ATOM 2! You really did it justice!

😲

• @tk32 said:

Thank you so much👌

• @tk32 @blueveek I know you’re neck deep in cc editing and the last thing I want to to is distract but thinking about something else every now and then is good too, no?

Let’s say I have a clip with 1 2-bar pattern and 1 4-bar pattern. I want to play AABBBBAA. Is it possible to orchestrate this with another Atom? When I do I get A1 A2 B3 B4 B1 B2 A1 A2. Can I make a pattern behave like a clip and start it at the beginning when launched? As a workaround I split B into 2-bar B and C and orchestrate AABBCCAA but that’s really annoying. Also, because of this behavior, two bar embellishments or flourishes need two versions, one that starts on bar 1 to drop on odd bars (1, 3, 5, …) and another that starts on bar 2 and ends on bar 1 for the even bars (2, 4, 6…).

Thanks

• @xor said:

Let’s say I have a clip with 1 2-bar pattern and 1 4-bar pattern. I want to play AABBBBAA. Is it possible to orchestrate this with another Atom? When I do I get A1 A2 B3 B4 B1 B2 A1 A2. Can I make a pattern behave like a clip and start it at the beginning when launched? As a workaround I split B into 2-bar B and C and orchestrate AABBCCAA but that’s really annoying. Also, because of this behavior, two bar embellishments or flourishes need two versions, one that starts on bar 1 to drop on odd bars (1, 3, 5, …) and another that starts on bar 2 and ends on bar 1 for the even bars (2, 4, 6…).

Thanks

Are you using one of the “loops continuously” trigger methods? I use Hold mode to trigger my clips and this always plays each pattern from the start.