Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead 25th Anniversary Edition - Out Now!

Comments

• very nice. probably not going to use it a lot, but like it very much

• For me, even if all it did was work as a file player to sent sounds created in other apps through AUM effects chains, it would be essential. I've wanted to use Koala with AUv3 effects since I got it a couple of years ago. I tried using the AUM file player with rendered stems, which works to a point, but this is such a perfect solution for me.

And then there's all the other things it does...

The way it combines polymeters and polyrhythms so simply is massively helpful when it comes to explaining how they work too. I used it to show my kids what the terms meant (I go on about this sort of stuff a lot) and it was insanely straightforward to illustrate with HH.

• Instabought. Just as much fun as its first iteration, with spicier sound design possibilities.

• edited June 2021

huge amount of fun... GLICH module is surprisingly useful and distortion models are VEERY pleasant to my ears .. great job @brambos !!

• @brambos
    I can see additional outputs in AUM/Drambo, but can’t find a way to assign channels...
    Is that for future updates? Does it mean that there will be no dedicated multiout version of plugin?

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    @brambos
    I can see additional outputs in AUM/Drambo, but can’t find a way to assign channels...
    Is that for future updates? Does it mean that there will be no dedicated multiout version of plugin?

I intend to make the outputs assignable in an update. Currently they're fixed: one master/mix channel on 0, and then output 1 = channel 1, output 2 = channel 2, etc.

• @brambos said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    @brambos

I intend to make the outputs assignable in an update. Currently they're fixed: one master/mix channel on 0, and then output 1 = channel 1, output 2 = channel 2, etc.

Oh, I see, nice! Thanks

• Congrats. 🍾🎈🎊. Bought and sounds great!!!

• Nice, auto-relabeling of sample names. Smooth as usual. Good-looking as usual. Quick. Easy. As usual!

• edited June 2021

@0tolerance4silence said:

After making almost everything in Drambo from scratch in the past months, defining usable ranges for my tweaky parameters is what I find the most challenging.

This.

On another note.

@brambos
    Instantiated it.
    Went straight for the 'Amen' break.
    Very cool.
    A couple of questions.

Background audio?
    Ableton Link for standalone?
    Midi clock?

• Nice vid, love the app so far! (5-stars on the Swedish AppStore).

The button (lower left) present in the video is 'missing' for me :(

(It could come in handy, especially on the iPhone 8).

Maybe it's something that is coming at a later date?!

When the mentioned routing options come...
    ...FAC DrumKit has the nice option to exclude parts from the main-mix which is pretty handy.
    This way there would no 'surprises'(ie. double volume) when it comes to output levels.

I have a feeling HammerHead will do well and maybe even 'lure in' those who are still skeptical about iOS/iPadOS to finally dig in :)

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

That button is only there when there isn't enough space to show both panels simultaneously. I suppose the iPhone 8 is just below that threshold. Let me check.

When the mentioned routing options come...
    ...FAC DrumKit has the nice option to exclude parts from the main-mix which is pretty handy.
    This way there would no 'surprises'(ie. double volume) when it comes to output levels.

Yes, that's what I have in mind indeed :)

• is it intro price?

• @MAtrixplan said:
    is it intro price?

No, this is the regular price :)

• @Gravitas said:
    Background audio?
    Midi clock?

No, I don't do standalone connectivity anymore. It's a dead end now (trying to do something that Apple doesn't want us to do is just going to be a frustrating waste of time and self-sabotage). :)

I put a lot of effort into making the AUv3 exactly identical to the standalone, so for multi-app setups AUv3 is the way to go.

• Is there Ableton Link for standalone?> @brambos said:

@Gravitas said:
    Background audio?
    Midi clock?

No, I don't do standalone connectivity anymore. It's a dead end now (trying to do something that Apple doesn't want us to do is just going to be a frustrating waste of time and self-sabotage). :)

Fair dues.
    I hear you.

I put a lot of effort into making the AUv3 exactly identical to the standalone, so for multi-app setups AUv3 is the way to go.

Cool.

• @brambos said:

@Samu said:

That button is only there when there isn't enough space to show both panels simultaneously. I suppose the iPhone 8 is just below that threshold. Let me check.

The button is present when used as an AUv3 (only missing in stand-alone) so no biggie.

Don't know what you got planned for HammerHead, but one feature I use quite a bit on the stand-alone Ruismakers is the export as *.wav feature to render patterns. Something like that could be handy in HammerHead for quick re-sampling but no need to add if it's too much hassle?

For now I'll just enjoy the app and dig back in time :)
    (This will likely become a 'go-to' app for the classic samples).

• @brambos : Thank you for a well-written manual. 👍 The app is in fact beautifully easy to navigate, but I always appreciate developers who come well prepared. Favorite warning: "So to stay on the safe side, don’t import entire punkrock albums into your channels." :D

• @PeteSasqwax said:

👀

Really helpful video! Thx

• My pleasure - really glad it was helpful. That aspect of Hammerhead was something that just jumped out at me and I really ran with it. I have another, deeper example of where you can take it that I'll post up in the next few days.

It's the One Punch Man of apps - looks quite unassuming but packs immense amounts of power

• The moment I woke up had to get this even before the coffee! love the expansion on the other drum apps. Instant classic even just turning knobs on presets this thing gets groovy wild and totally out of control. THANKS! its going to accompany my new Sequential Pro3 for a while!

• OboObo
    edited June 2021

Very happy camper right now!

Watch your volume, it’s loud

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@PeteSasqwax said:

👀

Really helpful video! Thx

Liked and subscribed.

Nice one.

• Why did I sleep? I missed the launch party :lol:
    Getting it now. Thanks Bram Brothers (as Gaz called you in one of the Sonic Touch episodes :lol:)

I know I gotta do an all Bram Jam today

• The glitch mode is just great.

• Here's a fun trick if you want to sequence Hammerhead patterns using an external controller or a sequencer:

• Load HH as an AUv3 into your host
    • Make some patterns, or load a preset with some patterns in it
    • Stop Hammerhead's internal sequencer (play button in the bottom bar)
    • Go to your host's keyboard or get your MIDI controller hardware
    • Trigger some notes in the C1-G1 (or C0-G0 in some hosts): instant pattern playback/clip-launching

I'm not aware of any other iOS drum AU that lets you do this B)

• Those peeps discussing IDM will sure be happy with that :lol:

Oh... imagine firing up particles to that? :open_mouth:

• @brambos said:
    Here's a fun trick if you want to sequence Hammerhead patterns using an external controller or a sequencer:

• Load HH as an AUv3 into your host
    • Make some patterns, or load a preset with some patterns in it
    • Stop Hammerhead's internal sequencer (play button in the bottom bar)
    • Go to your host's keyboard or get your MIDI controller hardware
    • Trigger some notes in the C1-G1 (or C0-G0 in some hosts): instant pattern playback/clip-launching

I'm not aware of any other iOS drum AU that lets you do this B)

I am not aware of any other iOS drum AU except for this one anymore.

No offense, but I deleted the Ruismakers including Noir.

• It’s really great fun - the variation and improvisation at your fingertips is just what I was hoping for.
    The only thing that’s not there that I was really hoping for was your ‘go to pattern’ feature.

Is there any chance this might be added at some time @brambos?