Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @Samu said:

@R_2 said:
    Wasn’t there some reference to Radias in Gadget’s files?

Yeah, when digging in the *.ipa file...
    ...guess I'll download the *.ipa again and dig deeper at some point.

The quite rare Korg R3 is also pretty neat, never seen one in person though...
    (I do regret not buying a friends MS2000 when he sold it for peanuts (<$100) 10+ years back).

Hopefully we'll see some new Gadgets and/or supports apps soon...

You won’t. You know this already. Korg has had no interest in taking Gadget next level. Their business model is silly.

...the IAPs for Module start to feel like a 'cash grab' even though I do like them :D

• @reasOne said:
    Gadget is still one of my favorite things on my iPad!
    I recently picked up odyssei and it might be my favorite ios synth! So glad it’s a gadget so i can do full tracks with multiple instances.
    Its not au , but with gadget i don’t really care as i can export the audio to anything.
    But if anyone’s been on the fence about odyssei, i highly recommend just getting it, i waited way too long!

It is my favorite virtual analog ... well worth putting up,with its being IAA and all.

• I don’t have an M1 Mac at this time but I notice the new announcement over Gadget macOS with the new hybrid stuff in it, doesn’t mention M1 processor, just intel. That’s fairly interesting when you think about it.

• @caspergomez said:

@reasOne said:
    I recently picked up odyssei and it might be my favorite ios synth! So glad it’s a gadget so i can do full tracks with multiple instances.
    Its not au , but with gadget i don’t really care as i can export the audio to anything.
    But if anyone’s been on the fence about odyssei, i highly recommend just getting it, i waited way too long!

ODYSSEi is its hottest synth for sure. Then again, it’s not Korg LOL

This is true! Haha. I bought some patches from lfo store that come with cards to show to the parameter settings and they take this synth to new territory!

@espiegel123 said:

@reasOne said:

It is my favorite virtual analog ... well worth putting up,with its being IAA and all.

Absolutely! We all love our auv3s but when it just isn’t possible, if a synth is this great it is worth having still. Since it is a gadget i find that a great work around for auv3! When i was unsure of this synth you def helped convince me it was worth it, very glad i listened LOL

• New gadget/module update for a sound pack. I’m going to editorialize here though and say I’m probably good on this one

• @reasOne said:

@caspergomez said:

@reasOne said:

This is true! Haha. I bought some patches from lfo store that come with cards to show to the parameter settings and they take this synth to new territory!

@espiegel123 said:

@reasOne said:

Absolutely! We all love our auv3s but when it just isn’t possible, if a synth is this great it is worth having still. Since it is a gadget i find that a great work around for auv3! When i was unsure of this synth you def helped convince me it was worth it, very glad i listened LOL

I had no idea how amazing that synth sounded until I picked it up on sale. It really is a heavy string sounding synth. The sliders are a hot mess to fine tune (oops I accidently hit the pitch slider, time to start the whole patch over), and that's the only thing that keeps it from being my favorite iOS synths, but it's definitely a contender in the sound department. It looks great too, I love the classic white and black/gold skins in the IAP.

I kinda want to get mono/poly. It might be a little redundant, but I've heard such good things, and honestly gadget has been my go to for complex tracks and I can't get enough virtual analog.

Gadget just gets out of the way so quickly to let me focus on the composition, but still has the fun factor of having visual variation with the gadgets themselves. I keep coming back to it even though I have technically more versatile options like aum, drambo, cubasis etc...

• Just a heads up for whoever. One thing that sucks about the Module IAP’s within Gadget is that they don’t translate to desktop. I bought all the available module IAPs way back. Used Gadget to start a bunch of tunes and then when exporting to Ableton projects to work on further (with gadget VSTs etc) I had to figure out what kind of patch I was using on certain tracks. Kind of lame but still love Gadget.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    New gadget/module update for a sound pack. I’m going to editorialize here though and say I’m probably good on this one

F*in hell. 😂 The name "Tropical Pop" sounds corny. Oh let's face it, I'm most likely going to end up purchasing the bloody thing anyways once the Korg mid-year sale hits (assuming they'll stick to their trend of having a mid-year sale). The curse of being a completionist. I'll just have to figure out how to take the pack and make it sound legit through experimentation.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    New gadget/module update for a sound pack. I’m going to editorialize here though and say I’m probably good on this one

F*in hell. 😂 The name "Tropical Pop" sounds corny. Oh let's face it, I'm most likely going to end up purchasing the bloody thing anyways once the Korg mid-year sale hits (assuming they'll stick to their trend of having a mid-year sale). The curse of being a completionist. I'll just have to figure out how to take the pack and make it sound legit through experimentation.

I definitely know how you feel about the want for completion, I get a bit obsessive about completing things like Gadget especially. Thankfully, or unfortunately, the name reminds me so much of the numerous times I’ve tried to listen to some legit deep house mixes just to get those tropical house “I don’t have a problem in the world so I can just party all the time” that has nothing to do with deep house mixes so I have some completely personal resentment issues with getting it haha

• The sales are on, people!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

F*in hell. 😂 The name "Tropical Pop" sounds corny. Oh let's face it, I'm most likely going to end up purchasing the bloody thing anyways once the Korg mid-year sale hits

It just did ;)

• @GeorgeL909 said:

@reasOne said:

@caspergomez said:

@reasOne said:

@espiegel123 said:

@reasOne said:

I had no idea how amazing that synth sounded until I picked it up on sale. It really is a heavy string sounding synth. The sliders are a hot mess to fine tune (oops I accidently hit the pitch slider, time to start the whole patch over), and that's the only thing that keeps it from being my favorite iOS synths, but it's definitely a contender in the sound department. It looks great too, I love the classic white and black/gold skins in the IAP.

I kinda want to get mono/poly. It might be a little redundant, but I've heard such good things, and honestly gadget has been my go to for complex tracks and I can't get enough virtual analog.

Gadget just gets out of the way so quickly to let me focus on the composition, but still has the fun factor of having visual variation with the gadgets themselves. I keep coming back to it even though I have technically more versatile options like aum, drambo, cubasis etc...

Re mono/poly , I like it a lot. It definitely has its own sound. An excellent "synthwave" synth.

• Fuckin hell. Time to download some updates and complete my packs. :lol:

• edited June 2021

@senhorlampada said:
    The sales are on, people!

Well that is usually a sign the other stuff will drop as well unless it’s just a ’summer sale’ !

But seriously though I’d easily pay 10 times the IAPs price to get the tools to make the core packs with, you know dig deep in to the synth engines, add samples etc. etc.

At least the Korg packs include more starting patches than the ZC-1 packs for Zenbeats and honestly I do prefer the ’Korg Sound’ :sunglasses:

One patch in the Tropical Pop pack stood out (for me) like no other…
    Hyper Perc - Filter Donk

Anoter solid pack but module needs a ’De Clicker’ when rapidly triggering notes (ie. run/swipe the finger across the keys).

• I like a lot the new sound packs BUT I'm so disappointed with a lack of Gadget's updates with new features :( Is there anyone from Korg here? Some time ago we even discussed with Korg's programist here

• Call me an optimist, but I think these sound packs may be funding further development. Hopefully it’s funding turning all their legacy synths into AUv3s. If I’m right (which I really hope I am), I’m happy to pay.

• @GeorgeL909 I find iMono/Poly different enough to be worth it. It's deeper than the original yet replicates the sound very well (it was my first hardware synth!). More modulation options plus FX. I wouldn't want to miss it.
    Check out Youtube videos featuring the original Mono/Poly and decide for yourself.

• I’m normally a fan of tropical pop…

Coconut Choreography of Annie i'm not your Daddy Rehearsal

• @rs2000 said:
    @GeorgeL909 I find iMono/Poly different enough to be worth it. It's deeper than the original yet replicates the sound very well (it was my first hardware synth!). More modulation options plus FX. I wouldn't want to miss it.
    Check out Youtube videos featuring the original Mono/Poly and decide for yourself.

Agreed, if you’re into ODYSSEi you’ll like iMonoPoly. Good deal at half price now. User sounds can easily be exported to Montpellier in Gadget.

I’m gonna check the Tropical pack now 🌴

• edited June 2021

@R_2 said:

I’m gonna check the Tropical pack now 🌴

It's dope (what ever that word means?!) :sunglasses:

The 'Hyper Perc - Filter Donk' is stuck in my brain like a plague in a good way?!
    (Consider it a 'warning', it's very addictive)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:

@caspergomez said:
    Korg is stuck in the 90’s

Best conclusion ever 👍

But we had nothing like Gadget in the 90s LOL...

• They could’ve named the “Tropical Pop” pack “Detroit Techno” with the percussive FM sounds (a good thing IMO). Although their artwork with the palmtrees makes it “Miami Bass” B)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gadget is pack of amazingly sounding synths with almost engless sonic capabilities, glued together with absolutely horrible frustrating sequencer :-))

just my 2 cents

• edited June 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2021

@dendy said:
    Gadget is pack of amazingly sounding synths with almost engless sonic capabilities, glued together with absolutely horrible frustrating sequencer :-))

just my 2 cents

And yet it works so much better than sequencers in many other apps 😄

• I just finally got on board with midi guitar 2 And let me say, it is a complete game changer for gadget. Wowza. Also the new module sound packs are great 😌

• Since some members cry to the Admins when I exercise my 1A, I’ll just keep my trash talking about this new update to myself. GL to the KG HODLers.

• @Fingolfinzz said:

I love Gadget and Module but I literally don’t need more sound packs unless it’s coming in the form of Triton for IPad . I’m not knocking them but I own all their IPad synths except the IDS 10 and all the expansion presets for all of them minus about 10 Module expansions because I feel like I can get those sounds from the other Korg synths I have. What I would REALLY love from Korg is if they made all their synths in audio units , I would even happily pay an iap if need be and for a Triton for IPad app. I would do backflips.