Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando Lda

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1560330289

Description:

VS provides a creative way to generate beautiful graphical representations of your music projects. Driven by both audio and MIDI data, VS is the visual equivalent of a traditional synthesizer.

VS takes the concept of music visualisation to a whole new level of customisation and expression, putting you in control and giving you the power to perform however you want.

VS is powered by graphical materials that you can interact with and layer on top of each other to create complex evolving visuals.

As well as a standalone app, VS includes an AUv3 plugin version, so you can run it directly inside your favourite iOS DAW programs like AUM and Audiobus etc.

As the name suggests, VS Visual Synthesizer can be played live like an audio synthesizer; use your MIDI keyboard to make each layer come alive with the concept of ‘polyphonic visual voices’.

We partnered with new media artist ‘Perplex On’ to bring you a factory preset bank full of amazing interactive visuals, you can start using right away, to create dazzling animations and make your music move in a whole new medium.

For detailed operation information and requirements please visit www.imaginando.pt/products/vs-visual-synthesizer

Features

• 8 Polyphonic visual layers
  • 4 voices per layer
  • 32 built-in material effects
  • Exclusive factory presents by Perplex On
  • 1 background layer with solid color/image/video (no modulations)
  • 4 LFO’s
  • 2 EG’s
  • 4 Dual-mode Audio Modulators (peak and band)

Trailer:

Details:
Universal: No
Minimum OS version: 12.1
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• edited June 2021

I wonder if this is going to have a load of IAPs in the future or free expansions? I wonder who will be first to do a review? Think I might have to buy!

• edited June 2021

Strange the video only plays back music only no visuals from the u tube link that just showed up. Went to their site and it plays ok.

I assume is this desktop only ?

• edited June 2021

@NimboStratus said:
    I wonder if this is going to have a load of IAPs in the future or free expansions? I wonder who will be first to do a review?

See @Gavinski link above now we know why he been so busy behind the scenes for a while.

• edited June 2021

AH! Nice, good old @Gavinski :-) Hope it can export to HD video on iOS and wonder if you can extend it/add your own gfx. We shall see in 3h. ;-)

• doesn't do video recording but coming in update possibly, use ipad screen recorder Nimbo! :-)

• Not to heavy then.

• So if I had on iOS, once I have mastered a piece in Logic Pro on mac I could import into full screen VS to record the video for youtube? Wonder if the resoluation would be OK

• I love everything about this idea. Totally going to watch Gavinskis premiere :D

• I wonder if it will make all ios-music videos look the same from now on, for as long as the initial hype lasts. :)

• Int patch equals the dancing blob !

• Yeeaaaaah boyyyy! @sinosoidal you guys did it again... Another treasure!
    Thanks for this. OBRIGADO

• So macos or ios - hmm, ponders.

• Ayone else taken the plunge yet? I assume it was a AU instrument from the company screen shot but not seeing it listed in AUM or CB3?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Ayone else taken the plunge yet? I assume it was a AU instrument from the company screen shot but not seeing it listed in AUM or CB3?

Maybe it needs to be loaded as an AUv3 effect since it needs audio input?

• edited June 2021

Yes, it works as an audio unit in AUM, load it in the audio slot:

• Ok the good out iPAD hard reset sorted it! Seeing it now.

• @Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Ayone else taken the plunge yet? I assume it was a AU instrument from the company screen shot but not seeing it listed in AUM or CB3?

Maybe it needs to be loaded as an AUv3 effect since it needs audio input?

Try to restart the device. It could be one of those momentary glitches.

• in standalone can you import a mp3 etc to record full screen?

• Can see me having hours of fun with this once I got my head around it. Looks pretty sweet.

• @sinosoidal congrats on the release!

@NimboStratus said:
    So if I had on iOS, once I have mastered a piece in Logic Pro on mac I could import into full screen VS to record the video for youtube? Wonder if the resoluation would be OK

The resolution will be the same as your iPad screen resolution which is more than Full HD, so it should look good on YouTube.

BTW VS shines when you feed it with some MIDI and synchronize your music with the video.

• Ok I will watch Gavin’s video…. But does this not accept midi from other apps to generate or play to the music? Have not RTFM yet. 😂

• @branis said:
    @sinosoidal congrats on the release!

@NimboStratus said:
    So if I had on iOS, once I have mastered a piece in Logic Pro on mac I could import into full screen VS to record the video for youtube? Wonder if the resoluation would be OK

The resolution will be the same as your iPad screen resolution which is more than Full HD, so it should look good on YouTube.

BTW VS shines when you feed it with some MIDI and synchronize your music with the video.

@branis thank you very much for your valuable feedback during the beta! :blush:

• @onerez said:
    Ok I will watch Gavin’s video…. But does this not accept midi from other apps to generate or play to the music? Have not RTFM yet. 😂

It does! It is actually a crucial aspect of VS. :blush:

• Not iOS unfortunately.

Only for stinkin’ iPadOS. 😞

• I have a feeling my noise will make this app go haywire 😬

• If this is only pre-configurated visuals, well, that's not for me. Less room for experimenting.

• edited June 2021

So can it respond to audio as opposed to midi? Looking forward to Gav!

• @NimboStratus said:
    in standalone can you import a mp3 etc to record full screen?

Yoou cannot. I've suggested that something like that would be useful / essential. Watch my vid later to get the full lowdown