Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fun With KASPAR - 38 FREE Presets by Spidericemidas

edited June 2021 in Creations

Here are 38 FREE Presets for Yonac’s KASPAR.
These were just for a bit of fun and exercise, seeing what I could do with a few Synth layers and arps in one patch together.
I thought I’d share them just in case something turns out to be useful for anyone.
The bank is called Spidericemidas 2 just to avoid any possible conflict or overwrite for anyone who already has my first Kaspar bank installed.
Some patches include a Pad, Beats and Keys/Pluck.
You can always mute layers you don’t want, if you want to isolate the pads or arps or whichever to tweak from there.
Hope they might prove interesting or useful in some way.
I can’t remember how I exported the first bank I made so long ago. The only viable export option from Kaspar is via email so I’ve emailed the bank to myself, saved it to my iPad and attached a zipped copy here.
Please let me know if this works. If not I will have to think of another way or seek forum advice!
Cheers!

Comments

• Excellent thanks ... looking forward to taking these for a spin!

• It works fine, thanks for sharing, they sound really good 😊

• Thanks so much. Some very nice ones in here. Straightforward import too

• @Spidericemidas you are so cool. This synth is a beast. I’m excited to try these out. Downloaded. Thanks!

• Wow, some of them are like a whole song in one patch. Crazy. Some great stuff here, I think I favorited every one. Cheers!

• @craftycurate @Poppadocrock @nickpett @White Thanks a lot for confirming the file is importing smoothly 👍

Kaspar has an interesting feature on the ENV that most other synths don’t offer. There is a delay option before the attack phase starts. If you adjust this just right, you can make hi-hats on the off beat being driven by the arp.

I’ve avoided the mod wheel and morphing thingy otherwise I’d be programming these patches for the rest of my life! 😅

• @Michael Darn it. I just noticed, in my haste to get this uploaded I forgot to set the correct category. It’s meant to be in Creations but seems to have gone into Support and Feedback. Can’t find a way to edit the category myself from my iPhone. Is it possible for you to move it into Creations, please? 🙄🙏

• Thanks so much for your generosity @Spidericemidas

• many thanks - lovely sounds again !

• Man!!! Heck yeah!! More kaspar!
    Thanks spider

• @reasOne @Charlesalbert @Paul16 Thanks! Hope there’s something useful in there.

• Thanks @Spidericemidas ! These ones are very useable and inspiring again 🤩 👍🏻

• @Gratouilli said:
    Thanks @Spidericemidas ! These ones are very useable and inspiring again 🤩 👍🏻

Cheers! 😃

• @Spidericemidas said:
    These were just for a bit of fun and exercise, seeing what I could do with a few Synth layers and arps in one patch together.
    I thought I’d share them just in case something turns out to be useful for anyone.
    The bank is called Spidericemidas 2 just to avoid any possible conflict or overwrite for anyone who already has my first Kaspar bank installed.
    You can always mute layers you don’t want, if you want to isolate the pads or arps or whichever to tweak from there.
    I can’t remember how I exported the first bank I made so long ago. The only viable export option from Kaspar is via email so I’ve emailed the bank to myself, saved it to my iPad and attached a zipped copy here.
    Please let me know if this works. If not I will have to think of another way or seek forum advice!
    Cheers!

Big ups on the sounds, and big thanks for yet another gift!

I’m glad to see some love for this synth, its a sleeping giant, i think under appreciated and overshadowed by other releases.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    Cheers!

I’m glad to see some love for this synth, its a sleeping giant, i think under appreciated and overshadowed by other releases.

True. I’m not aware of any other user banks for it apart from the two I’ve done and a really good spooky one from @brice

There might be others out there that I’ve missed. The factory banks that ship with it don’t really do it much justice.

There should be a lot more fuss made over Kaspar. It’s an absolute powerhouse and I still haven’t dived into all the onboard features such as the morphing section.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    Cheers!

True. I’m not aware of any other user banks for it apart from the two I’ve done and a really good spooky one from @brice

There might be others out there that I’ve missed. The factory banks that ship with it don’t really do it much justice.

There should be a lot more fuss made over Kaspar. It’s an absolute powerhouse and I still haven’t dived into all the onboard features such as the morphing section.

its true the onboard banks don't cut it, probably why it's not had the attention it deserves.

As usual your stuff leads the way (arps the way? pads the way?)

• @Spidericemidas said:

The factory banks that ship with it don’t really do it much justice.

Ain't that so often the case Spider - especially a risk when the developer's done them ... often seem designed to show a fragment or a slice of the app's potential - narrowing to a genre rather than broadening its range.

Manuals and presets aside, I have learned more about the capacities of several synths from forensically examining your presets than from the developers themselves ... I reckon you surprise the developers a lot of the time. ... how the hell did he get that out of this?

Be a smart move to put preset bundling into a beta test process really ... get more ears on the job.

Many thanks again for your senseless generosity, Spider. You add greatly to my enjoyment of these gadgets.

• Ooh I Can See For Miles and Keys Pads Arps are really nice. 👊

Once again, thank you for your generosity. Lovely stuff

• Thanks for these wonderful presets @Spidericemidas . The really re-animate this synth!

• @Soundscaper said:

@Spidericemidas said:

The factory banks that ship with it don’t really do it much justice.

Ain't that so often the case Spider - especially a risk when the developer's done them ... often seem designed to show a fragment or a slice of the app's potential - narrowing to a genre rather than broadening its range.

Manuals and presets aside, I have learned more about the capacities of several synths from forensically examining your presets than from the developers themselves ... I reckon you surprise the developers a lot of the time. ... how the hell did he get that out of this?

Be a smart move to put preset bundling into a beta test process really ... get more ears on the job.

Many thanks again for your senseless generosity, Spider. You add greatly to my enjoyment of these gadgets.

Thanks for your support as always it is much appreciated! 🙏

I think with factory banks it’s a case of too much time and money for the Devs themselves to spend further hours, days, weeks programming detailed presets to really showcase their synth’s potential, so they can only really provide the standard set of well known easy-to-program synth sounds as a small taster.

Opening it up to other designers by providing a solid export/import facility is always a good move to increase sales and longevity. 👍

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thanks for these wonderful presets @Spidericemidas . The really re-animate this synth!

Cheers! Kaspar needs more user banks. It’s capable of so much more I haven’t even touched on with my two banks. It needs other styles and ideas from other designers.

• @gusgranite said:
    Ooh I Can See For Miles and Keys Pads Arps are really nice. 👊

Once again, thank you for your generosity. Lovely stuff

You’re welcome, mate. I think it’s my favourite Yonac Synth. I’ve tried the others but keep coming back to Kaspar. So much scope in it.

• Had to reinstall Kasper to check these out = totally worth it! Thanks Spidey!

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Had to reinstall Kasper to check these out = totally worth it! Thanks Spidey!

Cool. There’s not enough user banks for it so it seems to get overlooked which is a pity as it’s an absolute gem for sound designing in.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Cool. There’s not enough user banks for it so it seems to get overlooked which is a pity as it’s an absolute gem for sound designing in.

If you had to choose between the two, which one would you pick; Kasper or LayR?

• edited June 2021

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

If you had to choose between the two, which one would you pick; Kasper or LayR?

That’s a tough one! But LayR has to win, for a number of reasons.

The onboard 8-track arp/sequencer is very customisable.

The available time range on the ENVs is enormous, I mean the longest possible ENV times I’ve ever seen on a synth! Well suited for long evolving scapes and pads.

To my ears the sound engine is really warm and smooth, rich. Very nice. One of the classiest on iOS.

The coding is very clever at keeping cpu usage down as you add more layers. You can go well beyond the limit of Kaspar’s 8 layers quite comfortably.

It’s a close one, though, as Kaspar has other interesting options and features that LayR does not.

• A KASPAR album? Hmmm.

• @LinearLineman said:
    A KASPAR album? Hmmm.

I’m sure you could put my two Kaspar banks and Brice’s Kaspar bank to good use!
    Be good to bring attention again to Kaspar!

• Thanks for these! You're very productive :) . Just like Ed I had to re-install Kaspar, never given it any love but it sure sounds good. Like the discussion regarding Layr, another one I pretty much just ignored but due to appaholic tendencies, have. A bit to much right now, feel like a clone would be good so we could split all the fun work and exploring. :)

• edited June 2021

@Pxlhg said:
    Thanks for these! You're very productive :) . Just like Ed I had to re-install Kaspar, never given it any love but it sure sounds good. Like the discussion regarding Layr, another one I pretty much just ignored but due to appaholic tendencies, have. A bit to much right now, feel like a clone would be good so we could split all the fun work and exploring. :)

Tell me about it! My iPad time is horribly restricted these days due to a bonkers increase in workload, but I’m taking the minutes when I can for more synth tinkering.

I’ve turned my attention to AddStation now. Reading the manual and getting to know it a bit better. There’s a number of interesting ways to use it. A test patch I made last night reveals a very promising technique and possibility for my style of sound design. So I’m going to devote the little time I have for now on AddStation and hopefully get a bank done for it, eventually!