Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

-=In Trouble=- (featuring Synthmaster 2 BETA and FAC Drumkit!)

Instead of the scene at the end of the “Secret Agent” movie where the Secret Agent gets the girl and sails away into the sunset, this piece is more that mission critical scene where the Agent has to rush into the crowded Vatican and use facial recognition to locate the hit man that’s there to assassinate the Pope. Oh, and then he’s got to diffuse the bomb in the briefcase left by the hit man. Pressure is on!

An experimental Drambo Standalone jam (DSA?) featuring sounds from the new Synthmaster 2 BETA which I’m finding amazing! I was extra careful to not show the Synthmaster 2 screen as I’m not sure about @kv331audio ‘s BETA policies (yeah I didn’t read a damn thing) but I figure I’ll be ok as long as I don’t show it.

For drums, I’m using the also new,
and also amazing FAC Drumkit. Preset #1, slightly modified, with Drambo (MIDI FX) handling the drum sequencing. Drambo in Drambo!

Several Graphic Modulators used throughout, most on the main volume controls for individual tracks. I’ve found this is a neat way to bring sounds in and out without being tied to one of Drambo’s pattern sections.

There’s also a “G-mod” controlling the ‘Tune’ knob on the Super Saw oscillator for the dive bomb effect.

Also, for the first time ever, I was able to use my beloved GeoSWAM tenor sax in Drambo! I don’t know if it was @giku_beepstreet, or @moForte and the folks at Wizdom Music that fixed it, but I sure am happy they did!
Of course @blueveek ’s Atom 2 plays a big role in this working by basically being the translator between the SWAM MPE interface and non MPE MIDI and controllers.

One interesting thing I’ve noticed, is that I think this GeoSWAM/Atom 2 thing might work even better in DSA!

Comments

• Bump?

Planned on adding a few more parts and expanding on this, but after my 13 hour shift at work today, my brain is like scrambled eggs. Maybe I’ll get back into it sometime next week. Maybe not… come on retirement!

• Sounds great. Like a sci-fi detective show theme song. 👍

• Great use of the Graphic Modulator, even better than automation if you want to control them live. The synths sound like they're coming from Drambo... which is not a bad thing.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Instead of the scene at the end of the “Secret Agent” movie where the Secret Agent gets the girl and sails away into the sunset, this piece is more that mission critical scene where the Agent has to rush into the crowded Vatican and use facial recognition to locate the hit man that’s there to assassinate the Pope. Oh, and then he’s got to diffuse the bomb in the briefcase left by the hit man. Pressure is on!

An experimental Drambo Standalone jam (DSA?) featuring sounds from the new Synthmaster 2 BETA which I’m finding amazing! I was extra careful to not show the Synthmaster 2 screen as I’m not sure about @kv331audio ‘s BETA policies (yeah I didn’t read a damn thing) but I figure I’ll be ok as long as I don’t show it.

and also amazing FAC Drumkit. Preset #1, slightly modified, with Drambo (MIDI FX) handling the drum sequencing. Drambo in Drambo!

Several Graphic Modulators used throughout, most on the main volume controls for individual tracks. I’ve found this is a neat way to bring sounds in and out without being tied to one of Drambo’s pattern sections.

There’s also a “G-mod” controlling the ‘Tune’ knob on the Super Saw oscillator for the dive bomb effect.

Also, for the first time ever, I was able to use my beloved GeoSWAM tenor sax in Drambo! I don’t know if it was @giku_beepstreet, or @moForte and the folks at Wizdom Music that fixed it, but I sure am happy they did!
    Of course @blueveek ’s Atom 2 plays a big role in this working by basically being the translator between the SWAM MPE interface and non MPE MIDI and controllers.

One interesting thing I’ve noticed, is that I think this GeoSWAM/Atom 2 thing might work even better in DSA!

Synthmaster 2 beta for iPad is freakin’ awesome! So damn powerful! If it be 150$ - no problem - worth every penny!!!
    World class coding in every corner of the app - amazing onboard FX also…
    A joy to betatest…

• This is great man!

• edited June 2021

@NeuM said:
    Sounds great. Like a sci-fi detective show theme song. 👍

Thanks for having a listen!

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Synthmaster 2 beta for iPad is freakin’ awesome! So damn powerful! If it be 150$ - no problem - worth every penny!!!
    A joy to betatest…

Really enjoy your work... Amazing stuff.. Truly gifted musician..

Was messing with GeoSwam Sax and ATOM2 last night... won't mind giving up a few bucks for some of those MPE midi files of yours... Nice..

• Sounds Sweet.

• @rs2000 said:
    Great use of the Graphic Modulator, even better than automation if you want to control them live. The synths sound like they're coming from Drambo... which is not a bad thing.

Thank you! I love the Graphic Modulator!

Yes, there’s two synth sounds from Drambo, one is the “Acoustic Guitar [RS]” (is that one of yours?), and the other is just the stock “Oscillator: SuperSaw” module with a G-mod attached to the pitch (Tune) knob.

Thanks for giving a spin!

• @reasOne said:
    This is great man!

Thank you my good man 🙏

• @RajahP said:

A joy to betatest…

It is! I have run into a bug or two that I’ll be reporting, but wow, like you said “world class” indeed! Thanks!

• @RajahP said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

A joy to betatest…

Really enjoy your work... Amazing stuff.. Truly gifted musician..

Was messing with GeoSwam Sax and ATOM2 last night... won't mind giving up a few bucks for some of those MPE midi files of yours... Nice..

Aww thank you!

A “few bucks”? I don’t need any money, but I’ll be happy to share anything I’ve got. I’m working all day (again) today, so when I get home tonight, I’ll share the project file. (I don’t bring my iPad to work) you might need to remind me!

Thank you so much for the kind words! 🙏

• @onerez said:
    Sounds Sweet.

Thanks! I might need some intervention. Like have someone come and take this saxophone away from me for a few weeks lol

@onerez said:
    Sounds Sweet.

Thanks! I might need some intervention. Like have someone come and take this saxophone away from me for a few weeks lol

Haha. No kidding. Audio Modeling is an amazing company.

@rs2000 said:
    Great use of the Graphic Modulator, even better than automation if you want to control them live. The synths sound like they're coming from Drambo... which is not a bad thing.

Thank you! I love the Graphic Modulator!

Yes, there’s two synth sounds from Drambo, one is the “Acoustic Guitar [RS]” (is that one of yours?), and the other is just the stock “Oscillator: SuperSaw” module with a G-mod attached to the pitch (Tune) knob.

Thanks for giving a spin!

My pleasure!
    Yep, RS like 2000.

• Good work, as always.Love where the bass comes in around 1:00.

Glad that the AUv3 window redesign is working for you. Love this video!

• Nice work... great ad for all the products used too.

• @moForte said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Glad that the AUv3 window redesign is working for you. Love this video!

Thank you SO much for fixing that! ❤️

The GeoSWAM tenor sax is by far my favorite instrument ever! I mean I LOVE it!!

And now being able to use it, and any of the other amazing Geo-instruments in Drambo has opened up so many creative possibilities!

Thanks for posting and for checking out my piece of music!

• @McD said:
    Nice work... great ad for all the products used too.

Thank you @McD

I’d be happy to make “ads” for any of these products!