Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Å Korg Gadget LE Challenge

Gadget LE is a version of Gadget with a lot of limitations. However, limitations are a perfect way to flex your creative muscles and craft something fun. So I invite people to try their hand at creating a piece of audio with the following limitations...

-You can only use up to 3 tracks (5 if you own the full version of Gadget).
-The only Gadgets you can use are Marseille, Dublin, and London.

Anyone can participate since Gadget LE is free. All genres are welcome. You can create a completed track or just a short little diddy. This is meant to be a fun challenge, nothing serious. Post your results below (preferably with a screenshot or two). :) Cheers!

Comments

• edited June 2021

Hi @jwmmakerofmusic,
    Nice idea, I'm in :) As Montpellier is paid and some members don't have it, I have a proposal to use Gadget LE only, which max. 3 tracks and 3 free gadgets: Marseille, Dublin and London. This way everyone can take part in the chellenge and the same rules will apply to all participants. What do you think? Cheers.

• Hey @jwmmakerofmusic ,

Sigh...stop reading my mind, haha. Seems fun.

• @dakti said:
    Hi @jwmmakerofmusic,
    Nice idea, I'm in :) As Montpellier is paid and some members don't have it, I have a proposal to use Gadget LE only, which max. 3 tracks and 3 free gadgets: Marseille, Dublin and London. This way everyone can take part in the chellenge and the same rules will apply to all participants. What do you think? Cheers.

Just edited the original post. I knew it was one of the French names that begins with "m". 😅

@seonnthaproducer said:
    Hey @jwmmakerofmusic ,

Sigh...stop reading my mind, haha. Seems fun.

It will be for sure! 😃

• Gonna check my storage space to see if I can download LE to be fair :lol:
    If not, i'll stick to full gadget, but with only the three tracks and the gadgets you mentioned
    Awesome idea :love:

• Done with LE: Marseille, Dublin, London.

• @rs2000 said:
    Done with LE: Marseille, Dublin, London.

Awesome job! I absolutely love this little diddy. I wouldn't mind hearing a longer version. :)

Meantime, here's my first entry. I basically use two audible instruments (Dublin and London), and a silent instance of London to drive the sidechain. I figured Acid House would be a pretty great start since it's very minimalistic.

(And yes, you can submit more than one entry if you wish. ^_^ )

• edited June 2021

I don't have the time to make full tracks atm but here's another short experiment with only two Marseilles and one London drummer.

• @rs2000 said:
    I don't have the time to make full tracks atm but here's another short experiment with only two Marseilles and one London drummer.

Fantastic! This one felt like the perfect length, and I love those rich chords. Very soothing track.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@rs2000 said:

Fantastic! This one felt like the perfect length, and I love those rich chords. Very soothing track.

Thank you! 😃
    I've updated the link to a normalized version.
    I wish it was my composition but it's basically taken from the "Red Guitar" song by David Sylvian.

• Awesome tracks so far, guys :wink:

• @rs2000

Good job!

• edited June 2021

Here's my entry. Decided to make it my video of the week. Was actually working on it before I saw the post earlier today.
    ">

Revisiting Gadget 2 - LE version

• R_2R_2
    edited June 2021

Good thread. @rs2000 is your second track mastered/EQed or direct out of Gadget? Sounds lush.

Some people think Gadget = EDM so I did a little jazz groove :D
    YouTube or Soundcloud, you choose.

• @R_2 Well spotted! I've used the IAA version of iMusicAlbum Audio Mastering from 2013, the "Pop Music" preset 😁

• @seonnthaproducer said:
    Here's my entry. Decided to make it my video of the week. Was actually working on it before I saw the post earlier today.
    ">

Revisiting Gadget 2 - LE version

That was a great video as always, and hopefully that'll inspire more people to download Gadget and give it a shot. :) I love what you came up with. The fact you thought of Gadget LE before I made this thread shows that great minds think alike.

@R_2 said:
    Good thread. @rs2000 is your second track mastered/EQed or direct out of Gadget? Sounds lush.

Some people think Gadget = EDM so I did little jazz groove :D
    YouTube or Soundcloud, you choose.

I absolutely love this! Such a smooth groove. :) It shows that, yes, Gadget can do more than EDM, and it does it well in the right hands.

• For this entry, I created a short, laid back track. Not sure which genre it fits in other than Easy Listening to be honest.

Produced 95% in Gadget, 5% in Cubasis 3, as part of this challenge. I only used three gadgets - one London for the drums, and two Marseilles (one for the pads, the other for the brass sound). Mastered in Cubasis 3 with the usual MagicDeathEyeStereo compressor, Barkfilter Tripleband Preset, and TB Barricade.

Bonus points if anyone can guess the artist who inspired this track. 😉

• Thanks, @jwmmakerofmusic . Appreciate the support. Yeah, Gadget LE is insanely good for what it does. It’s inspired me to check the other Gadgets out.

Great track by the way.

• @rs2000 said:

🎖️

• Wasn't exactly feeling inspired, but bored :lol:
    Gotta give it another try later...

Decided to make space for LE so I wouldn't subconsciously cheat on the limitations :lol: (regarding FX and etc)
    Is there any way to send a file from LE to Full version?
    Thought it would show up on Files, but it doesn't
    :lol:

• @seonnthaproducer said:
    Thanks, @jwmmakerofmusic . Appreciate the support. Yeah, Gadget LE is insanely good for what it does. It’s inspired me to check the other Gadgets out.

Great track by the way.

Thank you so much mate. :) I greatly appreciate that. I'm glad this challenge has inspired you to dig deeper into Gadget. Cheers and have fun.

@rs2000 said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic
    V-Angelis? 😄

Well Vangelis is an influence of mine, but in this case, I was trying to evoke a more Yanni feel to this track. Believe it or not, I've recently rediscovered his music after over a decade of not listening to him. The man is a fuckin legend.

@senhorlampada said:
    Wasn't exactly feeling inspired, but bored :lol:
    Gotta give it another try later...

Decided to make space for LE so I wouldn't subconsciously cheat on the limitations :lol: (regarding FX and etc)
    Is there any way to send a file from LE to Full version?
    Thought it would show up on Files, but it doesn't
    :lol:

I think Gadget LE allows uploading of projects to Gadget Cloud, and you can transfer projects that way mate. I love what you did. For not feeling inspired, you made something very inspirational and musical.

• @senhorlampada That's quite a creative use of Marseille, respect!
    @jwmmakerofmusic Good tipp, off to check out a few Yanni tracks now... 😉

• Thanks so much @rs2000 and @jwmmakerofmusic :heart:
    This challenge was good to give London some love. After the other drum gadgets came out, I barely used it :lol:

• @rs2000 said:
    @senhorlampada That's quite a creative use of Marseille, respect!
    @jwmmakerofmusic Good tipp, off to check out a few Yanni tracks now... 😉

Awesome! :) You won't regret it. You'll probably notice that my track isn't as lush as any of Yanni's music. That's due to the fact my track isn't comprised of layered sounds from various keyboards (and he owns a LOT of Korg Kromes! 😱). But then again, once you listen to Yanni, you'll realise he isn't a mortal man.

@senhorlampada said:
    Thanks so much @rs2000 and @jwmmakerofmusic :heart:
    This challenge was good to give London some love. After the other drum gadgets came out, I barely used it :lol:

I feel the same way. Recife often gets all the love, and London gets left behind. Good to rediscover London.

• I do dig Recife too, for the ready to go stuff. But also I really love Tokyo (Korg ER feelings) paired with Abu Dhabi with percussive slices 💖

• @senhorlampada said:
    I do dig Recife too, for the ready to go stuff. But also I really love Tokyo (Korg ER feelings) paired with Abu Dhabi with percussive slices 💖

Tokyo is amazing for synthesised drums, especially punchy kick drums.

• My third entry. In this case, three instances of Dublin were used: one for the kick and clap, one for the bass sound, and one for the upper sound. The whole track is basically one whole tritonal seventh chord played between the three parts.

And I know what you're going to ask? "How'd you get the clap sound if you're only using three Dublins?" Automation is a beautiful thing, and this track is full of automation both subtle and not-so-subtle. ;)

Mastered in Cubasis with the usual MagicDeathEyeStereo, BarkFilter Tripleband, and TB Barricade.

• Dude! You were fast in this one. I went to sleep last night while doing the same.
    I think I spent 1 hour automating one dublin for kick, snare and hats. Thank god Gadget makes it easy to do so 😂
    Gonna click play now to check yours first

• @senhorlampada said:
    Dude! You were fast in this one. I went to sleep last night while doing the same.
    I think I spent 1 hour automating one dublin for kick, snare and hats. Thank god Gadget makes it easy to do so 😂
    Gonna click play now to check yours first

Lol! Cheers mate. :)

• You sure channeled the minimal techno vibe here. Awesome track. Loved the dirty filtered snare 🥰😎