Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ZenBeats Clips On The Same Row

hello everyone, but in Zebbeats, is there the possibility of playing 2 or more clips at the same time, on the same line? because I'm trying but as soon as I start the clip on cell 2 the one on cell 1 stops!

Comments

• Not as far as I know. It plays all the clips in a column as a scene.

• DOH! That's the way clip-launching works (Even in Ableton Live). One clip per track/instrument at one time...

• Yeah, along with what’s already been said, I think if you want to have these two clips playing the same instrument or audio simultaneously, you’ll have to make a duplicate of it so that they are in fact two separate lines.

• The "funny" thing is that for example RemixLive does it which is definitely not a professional DAW!

• Remix live has its instruments in columns rather than rows though right? You can’t play two clips in the same column at the same time in remix live. Or at least I couldn’t see a way to do it.

• @FordTimeLord said:
    Remix live has its instruments in columns rather than rows though right? You can’t play two clips in the same column at the same time in remix live. Or at least I couldn’t see a way to do it.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@FordTimeLord said:
    Remix live has its instruments in columns rather than rows though right? You can’t play two clips in the same column at the same time in remix live. Or at least I couldn’t see a way to do it.

Ah right, I stand corrected 👍

• @FordTimeLord said:

I was talking about LINES and not COLUMNS

• This is called freedom to play! I click a clip and it plays anywhere on the grid! but is it so difficult to get there at Roland? or to Intua ???

• Did you not sell your iPad after all?

• @FordTimeLord said:
    Did you not sell your iPad after all?

I sold the iPad, now im on pc

• When I was much-much younger I used to play table tennis with friends, schoolmates or family members. Each time I felt I’m losing I started to switch the rackets over and over again. But none of them changed the game or made me win the match. Actually swapping the rackets made things even worse, because the rackets were different and I simply couldn’t get used to a particular one.
    By the time I realized sticking to a racket (even a cheap one) is a much better strategy. Also accepted the truth that there are better players, even much better ones.

Same goes for music production. Changing production environment does not mean I can make better music.
    I have way too many DAWs, synth apps or effects. My conclusion is the same as with the table tennis rackets...
    I used to remind myself what kind of production environment the musicians had in the DAW-less age. Or just think about some classical music composers like Beethoven for example.

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

@dav30383 said:
    This is called freedom to play! I click a clip and it plays anywhere on the grid! but is it so difficult to get there at Roland? or to Intua ???

Doing that with audio only is easy. You just mix the audio together.

With MIDI it is a recipe for trouble. Synths expect orderly note-on/note-off arrivals. If you have more than one clip that can send the same note at the same time or overlapping in time, unpredictable things are likely to happen. The synth has no way of knowing how to sort out the conflicting messages. Truncated, double loud, and stuck notes are all possible.

This is one reason it's not usually done.