Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Omphaloskepsis / Spider’s Nave

Using 2 tracks @Spidericemidas’ wonderful new presets. You can hear them right away. Helped along by 2 tracks Aparillo (the brass section), Model 15 Bass, PureSynthPlatinum Strings, AudioKit Digitalism2000, BeatHawk Classical Percussion.

Comments

• That's a wild belly button you've got there.

Nice strings ... never tried them - just the pure vocals have done me so far ... must explore.

Hard to dance to though. 🌪

• Thanks @Soundscaper ... what are “pure vocals”, please?

• Woo! You’re quick! That was awesome and energetic. Great to hear them being useful for a track. 👍👍

• @Spidericemidas, my average rack takes 3-5 hours. I don’t have to sweat coming up with an idea... cause I never have any. Makes it a lot easier.

As for hearing your patches in tracks... are you saying you don’t hear that many? If so, that’s too bad.
    I’m thinking a Nave album, so you might get a few more!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Spidericemidas, my average rack takes 3-5 hours. I don’t have to sweat coming up with an idea... cause I never have any. Makes it a lot easier.

As for hearing your patches in tracks... are you saying you don’t hear that many? If so, that’s too bad.
    I’m thinking a Nave album, so you might get a few more!

Ooh yes! A Nave album from you would be amazing and would certainly raise attention to this exquisite synth all over again. It deserves continued love. 👍

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @Soundscaper ... what are “pure vocals”, please?

Pure Synth has a very nice bank of voices and choir samples including some jazz and scat singing - bordering on be-bop ... very humanising in my more mechanical stuff... unlike any other instrument.

Our ears are very forgiving when there is a hint of a human voice in a mix - fixated on the voice and content, we can't help listening for it. So much so that a vocal melody line in the passage overrides other patterns - folks will follow a voice or choir to the point of making an orchestra sound out of tune... a well placed soprano can dominate an entire mix .... very interesting psychology.

So I've tended to huge pure synth just for that ... never really explored the other instruments on offer- just realised. ... so I'm off to have a look.