Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Problems connecting a 2021 iPad Pro to an iRig Pro audio interface

I have an iRig Pro audio interface, which shipped with two cables: MINI Din to lightning and MINI Din to USB. I also have the power supply for the iRig, which means that my old 6th gen iPad was charging when connected to the iRig.

Recently I purchased a 2021 iPad Pro, which uses USB-C. Bought a cheap (€3) USB to USB-C adapter to attach to the cable that came with the iRig. This worked in that audio was flowing from my mic/guitar to the iRig, and I could monitor through headphones connected to it, but the new iPad was not charging. 

Therefore, I contacted Thomann who advised that IK (who make the iRig) have a new MINI Din to USB-C lead - cost including shipping from Germany to Spain a whopping €50. C'est la vie, I thought, I have to have it - it arrived yesterday. Result - exactly as per the €3 adapter adapter - audio, but no charge reaching the new iPad Pro. 

Currently awaiting a response from Thomann. 

Anyone else had problems connecting an iRig to a new iPad Pro? 

Comments