Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone have experience with the iPad mini 5th gen?

How is it for music production?

Comments

• For example, mine plays Jamm Pro no matter how hard I drive it without a glitch. Others report Jamm Pro doesn't work well on previous iPad processors, so there's that. If you haven't already seen this thread, take a look.

• Same here no problems with jam pro,or anything else really. My first and only other iPad was a first gen mini I bought at launch without really thinking about it, because of the form factor but it was crippled before it even came out with its iPad 2 guts in 2012. The fifth gen is as powerful as anything out currently aside from the pros extra ram and gpu, plus headphone jack is nice

• @ChanceB said:
    Same here no problems with jam pro,or anything else really. My first and only other iPad was a first gen mini I bought at launch without really thinking about it, because of the form factor but it was crippled before it even came out with its iPad 2 guts in 2012. The fifth gen is as powerful as anything out currently aside from the pros extra ram and gpu, plus headphone jack is nice

You had me at headphone jack.

• @Bill_Brasky said:

@ChanceB said:
    Same here no problems with jam pro,or anything else really. My first and only other iPad was a first gen mini I bought at launch without really thinking about it, because of the form factor but it was crippled before it even came out with its iPad 2 guts in 2012. The fifth gen is as powerful as anything out currently aside from the pros extra ram and gpu, plus headphone jack is nice

You had me at headphone jack.

And not only that, jack, its got Lightning, so I can use my plugKEY with it and get MIDI in as well as left and right audio out. My iPad Pro is nice enough, but no MIDI in.

• Got a compact setup with two of them, really great machine and comparatively cheap when considering the price of an air3 or a pro.

• I have a mini 5 and an 11” pro and move projects back and forth between them.
    I like the mini better for almost everything, and as others have mentioned, being able to use headphones without a dongle is huge.
    There may come a time when the extra RAM matters, but at the moment the difference is negligible in my experience.

• @jazzmess

Be great if you shared your 2 iPad workflow(s) and the benefits

• edited May 2020

Hi there
    I am using I connect audio 4+, it saves a lot of wires. And spread the CPU load on two units. Bought both of them cheap second hand on amazon when they were cheap (around 450€ for the 256gb). Less than an I pad pro !! Fits in a (big) pocket, so that I don’t bother keeping my dying iPhone.
    One for drums, one for synths or one for instruments and the other for FX and record, it’s up to you !

• Thanks!

Ica4+ is very nice!

• Own and love it (awesome name, btw!)

• Sooo, I slipped up and bought another kind of hardware instead. An OP-Z is now heading my way.

• Does anyone know if the upcoming iPad mini 6 which is still unofficial has a headphone jack? I might pull the trigger right now for the 5 if the new one doesn't have it

• @bichuelo said:
    Does anyone know if the upcoming iPad mini 6 which is still unofficial has a headphone jack? I might pull the trigger right now for the 5 if the new one doesn't have it

Same. Sold another ( last ) technics 1210 mk2. Would have to wait till maybe September. Maybe no headphone jack plus any other complications to an audio4c. Think it will be better just to have a mini version of the air3. I see these as analogue ipads. Doubt id need the better specs for just a couple of synths. It will just have a worse resale value. Then theres the extra £30 for a 2 year warrenty ( at John Lewis ) but in UK you got consumer rights.

• @sigma79 said:

@bichuelo said:
    Does anyone know if the upcoming iPad mini 6 which is still unofficial has a headphone jack? I might pull the trigger right now for the 5 if the new one doesn't have it

Same. Sold another ( last ) technics 1210 mk2. Would have to wait till maybe September. Maybe no headphone jack plus any other complications to an audio4c. Think it will be better just to have a mini version of the air3. I see these as analogue ipads. Doubt id need the better specs for just a couple of synths. It will just have a worse resale value. Then theres the extra £30 for a 2 year warrenty ( at John Lewis ) but in UK you got consumer rights.

All rig ( allthough OTT ) should be complete soon. Just after im 42. 42 lol. I will be 50 before I even know how to make a track.

• Just out of awareness. Buyer is either needing a deck or will sell as parts. Seems to have a shop with some items ( not many ) but gold start/stop buttons for £90 etc.

• edited June 2021

Any rumors about mini 6? I love my mini 5 but 64GB of storage slowly becomes a limitation. CPU can still handle everything though.

• @israelite said:
    Any rumors about mini 6? I love my mini 5 but 64GB of storage slowly becomes a limitation. CPU can still handle everything though.

3tb .16gb. £399 lol

• Everything I’ve seen says it may be released in September along with the iPhone 13 models.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/apple-reportedly-planning-radical-ipad-mini-redesign/ar-AAKHpI1

• Got one. I love it. There are two limits I have ever run into - the 64GB and the screen size, which makes it a bit awkward with a few apps where the UI scales down to micron-sized buttons :) That being said, I still think it is better value than my Air 4, even though I like that one as well.

It also doesn't crackle with the new iOS which must be sorcery.

Finally, if you happen to subscribe to the @tahiche School of Sofa-based Mobility, it's a godsend.

• I've never had anything other than a mini 2, but when I replaced it with the 5th generation, Wow! Apart from the few apps where screen size can be a pain point (Cyclop, Thesys... looking at you) I can't imagine needing anything bigger and the headphone jack / lightning connector combo means I don't have to buy more adapters. It's perfect for me.

• Man, I’m really missing my mini right now. I ever used it for music production but I’m seeing how well that would have worked now. Really is perfect for so many of the things I do a lot of, I think the size is better than the 11 inch pro I’m lugging around for a lot of things. Plus, mine was the last generation where they had the fingerprint home button if I’m not mistaken (want to say it was 128 gb but maybe it did cap out at 64…). Ahh the missed opportunities! Let my kids have (break) it.

• @ervin said:
    Got one. I love it. There are two limits I have ever run into - the 64GB and the screen size, which makes it a bit awkward with a few apps where the UI scales down to micron-sized buttons :) That being said, I still think it is better value than my Air 4, even though I like that one as well.

Finally, if you happen to subscribe to the @tahiche School of Sofa-based Mobility, it's a godsend.

😂😂🥸 Tomorrow I’m gonna post a song experiment where I don’t use reverb or panning, it’s all sofa magic. A fixed mic in front and I move around the sofa playing a cigar box guitar and singing. Testing the space and acoustic depth of the sofa setup.

• @tahiche said:

@ervin said:
    Got one. I love it. There are two limits I have ever run into - the 64GB and the screen size, which makes it a bit awkward with a few apps where the UI scales down to micron-sized buttons :) That being said, I still think it is better value than my Air 4, even though I like that one as well.

😂😂🥸 Tomorrow I’m gonna post a song experiment where I don’t use reverb or panning, it’s all sofa magic. A fixed mic in front and I move around the sofa playing a cigar box guitar and singing. Testing the space and acoustic depth of the sofa setup.

😁👍🏼

• @tahiche said:

@ervin said:

That sounds sofa king amazing...

• My main iPad is still a 10.5 Pro, but I was gifted an iPad mini 5 a couple months ago. For speed it seems comparable to my Pro. I also like the size I have to admit. My iPhone is an 11pro, ie no home button or headphone jack. I have to say… I still prefer a home button and headphone jack. Been pleasantly surprised by the mini 5 and actually end up using it more than the Pro.

• Not sure I will buy another ipad ( just for a couple of screen synths ) for £400 but its stalling my mind. Maybe I just need to relax. Be greatfull I dont need a hearing aid etc.

• Yeah, mini ist great. That's the only iPad that fits into a pocket.
    Do you guys think mini 6 will have a headphone jack? Looks like all new Pros and Airs are not having it :neutral:

• edited June 2021

Mini's are all I really buy. 2x mini > 1 pro for a fraction of the cost.
    I can deal with no headphone jack (hardly use it anyway), but imma miss the button come that day.

• @tahiche said:

@ervin said:

LOL looking forward to it

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@tahiche said:

That sounds sofa king amazing...

Haha. Nice!