Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do you use SIRI?

Just curious how many people here are using their own private virtual assistant to day to day. I admit, I pretty much only use it on my Apple Watch to set timers or reply to my wife’s texts.

Comments

• I disable it. Talking to inanimate objects makes me feel weird.

• I have never turned Siri on yet -- on any of my idevices.

• I can only use it for the simplest of tasks and I’m often disappointed with the results. Maybe it’s me.

• @NeuM said:
    I can only use it for the simplest of tasks and I’m often disappointed with the results. Maybe it’s me.

I don't think its you. Siri doesn't know you as well as Alexa does....

• Yeah mostly timers and sending text messages or initiating a call. Sometimes for turning lights on and off as well.

• Oh yeah, and playing specific songs, especially since Spotify was integrated.

• Mostly just in the car or on my watch. Never on my phone or iPad.

• Timers. And occasionally to look up a word

• First thing I do is turn it off
    Siri is the devil >:)

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

Setting timers and setting reminders. For this it is great. It's amazing how quickly I can forget when I think of something I need to do at a certain time. If I don't set a reminder with Siri right then, it's gone. When I do and the alarm goes off, virtually 100% of the time I haven't a clue what it was for until I look at the screen. :D

I don't use it for anything else at all. I regularly go back through apps that have no need for Siri and disable it.

• Turn it off everywhere immediately.

Occasionally turn it back on for driving directions because the person who drives me around the most has an Android phone that stops speaking to her at crucial moments.

• I disabled it on all my devices, and on the two main devices, I even did go the hours-long way of checking any and all Apps for the Siri configuration and manually disabled all option beside the "Show in Search".

I also changed any "Document Storage" from iCloud back to On my iPad.
    I so much hate what Apple is doing.

My big iPad just has too many Apps that I would find the courage to repeat this process again.
    It would take days, I fear.

• Siri seems to be the hardest word

• I don’t use SIRI, but I’m often mind boggled by the response time. My partner is a shrink and often asks very specific questions about DSM diagnoses. The answers come back in literally the blink of an eye. How is that possible? Not to mention how quickly we can find out anything about the Royals!🥱😴

• I always hated the idea of the audio being sent to apple in order to function, but if it could be totally on device and encrypted, I can see how it could make a lot of things easier. Definitely feels a little too futuristic though, a bit too much like the movie Her at times.

• I have used it to turn Bluetooth off off and then WiFi off off when I left the house. I don’t usually take my phone with me much anymore. No, I have no use for Siri. Now if Siri was a decent drummer...

• @Sawiton said:
    I have used it to turn Bluetooth off off and then WiFi off off when I left the house. I don’t usually take my phone with me much anymore. No, I have no use for Siri. Now if Siri was a decent drummer...

“Siri, bring me a little Steve Gadd style to this track…”

• I drive a lot for work so the gps but that’s about it

• Alarm settings, weather, measurement conversions, currency conversions, random inquiries.

• edited June 2021

@Tarekith said:
    I always hated the idea of the audio being sent to apple in order to function, but if it could be totally on device and encrypted, I can see how it could make a lot of things easier. Definitely feels a little too futuristic though, a bit too much like the movie Her at times.

Same.

From WWDC today (via axios):

Apple will also handle voice recognition for Siri on device by default.

Will be interested to learn more about this. Specifically, which use cases can be handled 100% locally.

• edited June 2021

@CapnWillie said:
    I use it extensively. I began training Siri to my voice when she launched. Once Apple purchased Shortcuts, Siri became Primetime and is now my most essential app by a very large margin.

From dictating everything from presentation copy, business plans, code, scheduling, controlling my lights, ac, alarms, vivarium climate etc to web queries, weather, texting, placing calls launching Mac/iOS apps and reminders. The list goes on. Killer app.

I think those who are very ‘verbal’ and organize their thoughts on the fly may have a better experience with Siri. My thoughts tend to move faster than my mouth, so I have had a terrible history with Siri.

• No.
    I do not want my phone listening to me.

• Only on my Watch...mostly for setting timers...

• @JeffChasteen said:
    No.

there's something counterintuitive about that statement...

• @CapnWillie said:
    I use it extensively. I began training Siri to my voice when she launched. Once Apple purchased Shortcuts, Siri became Primetime and is now my most essential app by a very large margin.

From dictating everything from presentation copy, business plans, code, scheduling, controlling my lights, ac, alarms, vivarium climate etc to web queries, weather, texting, placing calls launching Mac/iOS apps and reminders. The list goes on. Killer app.

Ask Siri to spell Lamborghini.

• Not much. It feels like talking to Professor Tournesol. I some times use it to send messages when i’m in a hurry.
    Siri is also annoying sweat talking and polite. I wish that it had the personality of Carrot weather.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    No.

+1. The same reason there's no Alexa, Cortana or any other sister allowed in my home, either.

Also, I have a lot of international (non-English) info on my phone, contact names, etc., which they are all mostly useless with. I'm not going to butcher the pronunciation of the names of my friends or bands like an English football broadcaster just to give them a chance to understand :)

• No, never. I actually actively do not use SIRI. It's pretty hard to actively dislike a virtual person but I am doing ok so far.

• Is there significant cpu usage when “hey Siri” is enabled?

• @NeuM said:

@Sawiton said:
    I have used it to turn Bluetooth off off and then WiFi off off when I left the house. I don’t usually take my phone with me much anymore. No, I have no use for Siri. Now if Siri was a decent drummer...

“Siri, bring me a little Steve Gadd style to this track…”

Well there is an app for that

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/drum-loops-by-steve-gadd/id1321460645