Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The WWDC 2021 Thread! Post your Predictions, Wishes, Updates & More!

The day is officially upon us! So what do you think we’re gonna see?

Comments

• I predict an animated montage with smiling people and symbols whizzing by, one of which may allegedly resemble a music note.

• M2 MacBooks, and available asap.

• i think the best we can hope for is the announcement of final cut for ipad, they won’t go with logic as a selling point. i want better file system and multitasking.

• Apparently the Arturia thing is an 'AppStore Thing'.
    There was a post about this in the iPad Musicians FB Group where the Rolf/nLog Dev who explained the situation.

I'm mostly interested what devices will be supported by iOS15/iPadOS15 and what 'extra' features the M1 based iPads Pro's will get compared to the 'regular' iPads.

If Logic drops will it be strictly limited to iPad Pro's (Both Ax an M1 series) or will it also run on say an iPad Air 4 with the A14?
    If the 'old' 2018 iPadPro's get Logic but not the iPad Air 4 it makes no sense at all...

~3 hours to go and then we'll know a bit more :)

• edited June 2021

Love to see logic pro for ipad in some way or form but be surprised to see it looking historical at past events.

I hope IDAM gets a 2 way street and a update.

Hopefully more big desktop music software companies will make the crossover to iOS.

You can just imagine if Ableton executive was to walk on stage would bring the house down!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Love to see logic pro for ipad in some way or form but be surprised to see it looking historical at past events.

Agreed.

I hope IDAM gets a 2 way street and a update.

Hopefully more big desktop music software companies will make the crossover to iOS.

🤞

You can just imagine if Ableton executive was to walk on stage would bring the house down!

Funny I just mentioned this same idea! Ableton vibes are in the air

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    i think the best we can hope for is the announcement of final cut for ipad, they won’t go with logic as a selling point. i want better file system and multitasking.

Do you think this will kill lumafusion?

• edited June 2021

if we are dreaming then max/msp on ios please

• @Samu said:
    Apparently the Arturia thing is an 'AppStore Thing'.
    There was a post about this in the iPad Musicians FB Group where the Rolf/nLog Dev who explained the situation.

So no Arturia special announcements?

I'm mostly interested what devices will be supported by iOS15/iPadOS15 and what 'extra' features the M1 based iPads Pro's will get compared to the 'regular' iPads.

Great point! What’s the incentive other than speed?

If Logic drops will it be strictly limited to iPad Pro's (Both Ax an M1 series) or will it also run on say an iPad Air 4 with the A14?
    If the 'old' 2018 iPadPro's get Logic but not the iPad Air 4 it makes no sense at all...

I predict if it drops it’ll work with all usb-c iPads

~3 hours to go and then we'll know a bit more :)

• edited June 2021

@vasilymilovidov said:
    if we are dreaming then max/msp on ios pleas

Ok then, Amiga emulator roms built on the motherboard with native 3.5” floppy support.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@vasilymilovidov said:
    i think the best we can hope for is the announcement of final cut for ipad, they won’t go with logic as a selling point. i want better file system and multitasking.

it might not, apple’s own software is usually not that great or at least not for everybody nowadays. so there’s some place for others.

• Apps from external sources allowed, it's a wish but I don't think it will happen.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

Any logic or final cut would just be a watered down mobile version that would have to compete with what has already been out and evolving already.

• Tomorrow we'll get the full list of sessions...
    ...that'll make it easier to pick what to watch :)
    https://developer.apple.com/wwdc21/sessions/

• edited June 2021

A fix for the AUM play issue

• edited June 2021

i think all we want is some acknowledgement from apple that THIS (this forum, these apps, these devs and this market) exists and is kind of blooming.

• More emojis?

• Will be interesting to see what the 'focus' of the event will be.

If it's some metal health thing for watchOS or something I'll loose interest pretty quickly.
    What's next 'Siri becomes a Shrink?!'.

It's kinda scary how some people treat virtual assistants as 'humans' asking them if they're pretty or something...

We the 'hand wash detection' came to Apple Watch I thought, what's next, a 'Wankdetector' ?!

Maybe I'm getting old but the damned memojis should be an optional install...

• edited June 2021

@Samu said:
    Will be interesting to see what the 'focus' of the event will be.

If it's some metal health thing for watchOS or something I'll loose interest pretty quickly.
    What's next 'Siri becomes a Shrink?!'.

I have a feeling this will find its way into the event.

• @lasselu said:
    More emojis?

🙏 🤞 😂

• @Carnbot said:
    Apps from external sources allowed, it's a wish but I don't think it will happen.

Just out of curiosity, what’s the benefit of this?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@Carnbot said:
    Apps from external sources allowed, it's a wish but I don't think it will happen.

I currently have a beta that I want to get out that Apple has been sitting on for three days.

Lots more third party devs will come to the platform if they can control their on dev cycles and releases.

• Improved Files.app at least on par with the macOS Finder would be nice...

Considering that many older apps will never be updated with Files.app support an optional setting in the settings to show every apps Documents folder in the Files.app would be nice. (This way I could for example pick the recorded audio files from the Nave folder instead of having to hook up a computer to do the transfer).

I'll be following all the 'relevant' sessions and pick out those features I feel could make a difference for us all :)

• The main thing I want is 3rd party driver support. I doubt if it is coming and if it does it won't be mentioned in the keynote.

• @NeonSilicon said:
    The main thing I want is 3rd party driver support. I doubt if it is coming and if it does it won't be mentioned in the keynote.

The other session of interest is the 'State of The Union' thing as it's more in-depth than the main key-note.
    But yes 3rd party drives could be handy...

if that happens I think one of the first ones would be a 'audio loopback driver' allowing direct recording of the audio iOS produces.

I also hope we'll get something similar to 'Audio & Midi Settings' allowing us to select which of the connected devices to use, set the default sample-rates etc. etc.

2 hours to-go :)

• @Samu said:

@NeonSilicon said:
    The main thing I want is 3rd party driver support. I doubt if it is coming and if it does it won't be mentioned in the keynote.

The other session of interest is the 'State of The Union' thing as it's more in-depth than the main key-note.
    But yes 3rd party drives could be handy...

if that happens I think one of the first ones would be a 'audio loopback driver' allowing direct recording of the audio iOS produces.

Yes, exactly this. Lower latency drivers too.

I also hope we'll get something similar to 'Audio & Midi Settings' allowing us to select which of the connected devices to use, set the default sample-rates etc. etc.

2 hours to-go :)

This would be really good.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Carnbot said:

I currently have a beta that I want to get out that Apple has been sitting on for three days.

Lots more third party devs will come to the platform if they can control their on dev cycles and releases.

Great point! Does this lead to the possibility of malware/virus etc etc? Is Apple really protecting users or is the App Store just a money grab?

On another note thanks for all the free apps you put out! What’s your motivation? FYI I just mentioned you and your apps in this video @ around 5:50:

Thanks again!

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@Carnbot said:

Well there's many...

eg it could create better web based technology on iOS, allowing less restrictions for browser apps.

ability to backup and install your paid for apps without the app store.

It could create a more vibrant ecosystem with more Pro apps (fee will put off a lot of pro developers)
    Adobe only gets around it with subscription and even they haven't done a decent job on iOS yet.

a lot of basic functionality is possible only with jailbreak, this shouldn't be necessary on a really expensive device.

But Apple have created iOS as a "pay to play OS"
    It provides a very minimal OS and then reaps the cost from users paying for each app to fill in the missing gaps of functionality for the OS. It's a walled garden and users have been trained to use it this way. It makes sense as it came from a Phone OS.

It's made Apple a tonne of money and they won't want to change this easily.
    But on the other hand a more expensive laptop class ipad will only grow if this system is relaxed I think.

Imagine on Macs or Windows PCs if you could only install from their own app stores?

• I’d love to see the option to select more than just a default audio interface. Currently iOS is defaulting to the headphone output of my TB hub instead of letting me choose the audio interface I have connected to said hub.

Long shot I know.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Carnbot said:

Great point! Does this lead to the possibility of malware/virus etc etc? Is Apple really protecting users or is the App Store just a money grab?

I think both of those things are true. I think they really are focused on security and that they don't want to give up the cash driver that the App Store has become for them. Services is such a big force in stock valuation now too, so reducing that probably isn't so attractive to them. I think that they would be able to grow the platform enough to make up for any reduced cash and I think most people would still get most of their apps from the Apple App store.

On another note thanks for all the free apps you put out! What’s your motivation? FYI I just mentioned you and your apps in this video @ around 5:50:

Well, one motivation is that it's fun to see the apps being used. Another for me is figuring out how to do touch based interfaces for audio stuff in particular. It's not all that easy to get right and getting the feedback from people that use the apps is really helpful. Oh, I also have an evil plan to take over the world ;) . (I actually do have a longterm project that developing the UI components for these AU's helps with.)

Thanks again!

You're welcome and thank you for mentioning the apps. I've watched quite a few of your videos but missed that one because I've been busy trying to wrap up some work before I ended up completely distracted over this week. I thought your video on FL Studio Mobile was really interesting. I think it could end up being one of the more important developments for audio on iOS once they get AUv3 support in there.