Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need Help recording to Multiple Apps to Twisted Wave via Audiobus

Guys- can someone please direct me to a resource where I can succefully record my performances in my Soft synths to say Twisted Audio?

I'm trying to use Animoog, Model D, and Gadget and record into Twisted Wave -

Im using an Iphone 12 max pro

Is twisted wave my problem? I cant seem to get audiobus to do anything to be honest.

Comments

• You really need to get AUM and AudioShare if you don’t have them already.

AUM can record those synths easily, and save the resulting audio into AudioShare.

• OKay, I'll snag AUM. I have audioshare rn

• @ejacul337 said:
    OKay, I'll snag AUM. I have audioshare rn

You can use AudioShare to record as well, just load it into an output slot of Audiobus. But AUM has a lot more power and flexibility for recording.

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

@ejacul337 said:
    OKay, I'll snag AUM. I have audioshare rn

Hey wait a second.

There is no reason you can record directly into Twisted Wave using Audiobus. I'm guessing you just don't have it set up correctly.

Add your synth as an input. Add Twisted Wave as the output for that "lane" tap to load, tap again to open TW and create a document. Switch to your synth using the Audiobus sidebar. Once there, you will see the "REC" button for Twisted Wave in the Audiobus control panel. Tap REC and play your synth. Tap REC again when done.

Basic setup with Model D...

P.S. You'll get better responses on the forum if you're more clear about your question in the title of the thread. Something like "Need help with recording from Audiobus to Twisted Wave" or something is better than just "Need help"

• Wim that's how it's setup- I just cant get all 3 apps to record at the same time in Twisted Wave.
    after launching TW, I select NEW-STEREO- HIT RECORD and nothing records.

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

@ejacul337 said:
    Wim that's how it's setup- I just cant get all 3 apps to record at the same time in Twisted Wave.
    after launching TW, I select NEW-STEREO- HIT RECORD and nothing records.

Can you post a screen-shot of your Audiobus setup with the three apps?

• WIM,

Yeah- I basically have given up on Audiobus- For some reason the only apps showing up that i can use are Electribe Wave, Koala, and my Moog apps, and the only app generating sound is Koala.

I will show you, let me upload screenshot.