Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster 2 for iPad arrives: "no compromise" port of SynthMaster 2.9 VST/AU/AAX synth

Hi guys,

Once Apple approves our latest beta build (v0.9.5), we will be adding those of you who contacted us to be on our beta testers list for SynthMaster 2 iOS.

The app/auv3 currently supports 7 different screen resolutions:

1. iPad 9.7/10.5 inch: Standalone, AUv3 regular, AUv3 maximixed
  2. iPad Pro 11 inch: Standalone (AUv3 regular/maximized are currently missing)
  3. iPad Pro 12.9 inch: Standalone, AUv3 regular, AUv3 maximixed

Here's my introduction video series for SynthMaster 2 iOS (once we have the final version we will reshoot those videos):

Topic covered in this tutorial:

0:07 Introduction
0:34 Real-time visual feedback explained
1:15 Changing the current user interface skin
2:01 Enabling MIDI input from MIDI devices
2:17 Macro controls
2:24 Changing SynthMaster parameter values via MIDI Learn
4:07 Adding/removing presets to/from user's favourites list
4:26 Preset browser search filters
4:54 Desktop presets upgrade IAP
5:25 Downloading desktop presets and expansions for registered SynthMaster 2.x desktop users
6:05 Downloading presets from public user library
6:36 Assigning presets to MIDI Banks and Programs
7:09 Managing MIDI Banks and Programs
7:19 Changing presets by sending MIDI Bank Change & Program Change messages from MIDI sources

I will continue adding videos to this playlist to explain the synth in more detail.

Cheers

Bulent

Comments

• edited June 2021

Excellent news! Looking good.

I’ll be curious to see how usable it’ll be on a mini.

• Cheers Bulent! This is one of my most anticipated releases, the multisample support is going to be huge!

• Golden!!!! Thanks for porting it!
    Magnificent release of 2021!!!

• Ohhh I‘m looking so forward to this, you can’t even imagine. That will be epic.

• edited June 2021

Good news. The first tourquise/orange skin is great! Looking forward :blush:
    Apple really got wild with screen sizes.
    Hope it will be also usable on iPad mini 5

• edited June 2021

Take it. Take my money AGAIN. Take it NOW.

I've been waiting for this to compliment the PC/MAC app and this is outstanding news.

But seriously....take my money now!!!

• So nice :) will also buy it in an instant. Do we get an all preset buy option as in SynthMaster 1?

• @Jusch1995 said:
    So nice :) will also buy it in an instant. Do we get an all preset buy option as in SynthMaster 1?

Yep, that will be available as well.

• edited June 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Great looking user interface.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Jusch1995 said:
    So nice :) will also buy it in an instant. Do we get an all preset buy option as in SynthMaster 1?

Yep, that will be available as well.

Nice, then I will buy that one aswell 🙏

• Will there be a presets migration tool to move custom presets from the prior version of Synthmaster… or will this basically be a paid upgrade from the existing Synthmaster to a new version, replacing the old app?

• @NeuM said:
    Will there be a presets migration tool to move custom presets from the prior version of Synthmaster… or will this basically be a paid upgrade from the existing Synthmaster to a new version, replacing the old app?

SynthMaster one and SynthMaster 2 are 2 different synths with different approaches. Presets are not interchangeable. It’s good to have both for different situations

• edited June 2021

@NeuM said:
    Will there be a presets migration tool to move custom presets from the prior version of Synthmaster… or will this basically be a paid upgrade from the existing Synthmaster to a new version, replacing the old app?

When we release SynthMaster 3, hopefuly it will be able to load SynthMaster One or SynthMaster 2 presets.

SynthMaster 3 will hopefuly be released around NAMM Show 2022, and SynthMaster 3 iOS NAMM Show 2023.

• edited June 2021

I realise this is an off-topic question @kv331audio_bulent but I am really curious to know...

How are sales of SM One on iOS compared to desktop?

Is iOS ~10% of desktop sales, or higher?

You don't need to share the precise figures. I just would love to know the ratio between them. I am trying to figure out how big the iOS music community is :)

• edited June 2021

@tk32 said:

Actually, iOS share has been increasing since last year. Maybe giving away SynthMaster One during the pandemic period helped in that ? It's now around 15-20% so we're really excited about SynthMaster 2 iOS release. SynthMaster 2 is a much powerful compared to SynthMaster One so I have high hopes.

About the prices by the way:

SynthMaster 2 iOS: $24.99
    SynthMaster One+SynthMaster 2 iOS app bundle: $34.99

We will have an intro period during summer (July 1-September 1), Intro/sale prices will be:

SynthMaster 2 iOS: $14.99
    SynthMaster One: $14.99
    SynthMaster One+SynthMaster2 iOS app bundle $24.99

Those of you guys who already purchased SynthMaster One would have to pay the price difference according to Apple's app bundle rules ($24.99 - what you paid for SM1 before). Those of you who purchased SynthMaster One when it was $24.99 will receive SynthMaster 2 for free, and those of you who purchased SynthMaster One for $19.99 will receive it for just $5 :)

User will also receive coupons from us based on their status when they complete registration inside the app:

1. Users who register and don't have a license for SynthMaster 2 desktop will receive a one time 25% Off coupon that's valid for 180 days. With this coupon they'd be able to purchase anything from our web shop
    2. Users who register and have a license for SynthMaster 2 desktop will receive a one time $20 credit coupon that's valid for 180 days. With this coupon they'd be able to purchase anything from our web shop.
  • Thanks for your very thoughtful marketing approach. Now I am really curious what bundle price will appear in the AppStore.

• I honestly don't know anymore what I paid for SM One, but even at full price SM 2 is a steal. That is quite a reasonable bundle also that you are putting out.

• @FloRi89 said:
    I honestly don't know anymore what I paid for SM One, but even at full price SM 2 is a steal. That is quite a reasonable bundle also that you are putting out.

Don't worry Apple keeps records :D

@tk32 said:

Actually, iOS share has been increasing since last year. Maybe giving away SynthMaster One during the pandemic period helped in that ? It's now around 15-20% so we're really excited about SynthMaster 2 iOS release. SynthMaster 2 is a much powerful compared to SynthMaster One so I have high hopes.

We will have an intro period during summer (July 1-September 1), Intro/sale prices will be:

Those of you guys who already purchased SynthMaster One would have to pay the price difference according to Apple's app bundle rules ($24.99 - what you paid for SM1 before). Those of you who purchased SynthMaster One when it was $24.99 will receive SynthMaster 2 for free, and those of you who purchased SynthMaster One for $19.99 will receive it for just $5 :)

User will also receive coupons from us based on their status when they complete registration inside the app:

1. Users who register and don't have a license for SynthMaster 2 desktop will receive a one time 25% Off coupon that's valid for 180 days. With this coupon they'd be able to purchase anything from our web shop
    2. Users who register and have a license for SynthMaster 2 desktop will receive a one time $20 credit coupon that's valid for 180 days. With this coupon they'd be able to purchase anything from our web shop.

Really nice approach :) do we also get an introduction discount on the iap presets?

@tk32 said:

Thank you for this generous offer and the interesting insight into the growth of the iOS market.

@FloRi89 said:
    I honestly don't know anymore what I paid for SM One, but even at full price SM 2 is a steal. That is quite a reasonable bundle also that you are putting out.

Don't worry Apple keeps records :D

Yea and while their bundle pricing seems wierd at first glance, it actually makes sense, because:

• If you got SM 1 on sale or free, you pay full price on SM 2 > fair
    • If you got SM 1 full price, you get SM 2 for a small upgrade price > also, very fair

Of course I assume that the bundle pricing you chose isn't an accident :D, but it shows that you get provided the tools to make really fair options for existing customers if you want to.

• @Connor said:

@kv331audio_bulent Is the plan to be universal for iPhone at launch?

Not in the short run. Developing for iPhone is not as feasible as it for iPad, return on investment is very low. so we'll do it when we have time.

• Does owning the Everything Bundle help you at all with new iOS purchases? If not and you get the $20 credit but there’s nothing SM left to buy, can you get a T-shirt? 😁

• @oddSTAR said:
    Does owning the Everything Bundle help you at all with new iOS purchases? If not and you get the $20 credit but there’s nothing SM left to buy, can you get a T-shirt? 😁

Everything bundle users will be able to download all desktop presets for free. but for purchasing the iOS license, sorry about that.

The t-shirt is really a great idea actually :) Sending merchandise for everything bundle users as credit!

@oddSTAR said:
    Does owning the Everything Bundle help you at all with new iOS purchases? If not and you get the $20 credit but there’s nothing SM left to buy, can you get a T-shirt? 😁

Everything bundle users will be able to download all desktop presets for free. but for purchasing the iOS license, sorry about that.

The t-shirt is really a great idea actually :) Sending merchandise for everything bundle users as credit!

No worries. XL right here...I'd wear it with pride! :wink:

• Hello
    I love Synthmaster 1, I have an iPad mini A12 that I use just as an instrument with a keyboard and lots of buttons ....
    Synthmaster really has something in the sound design, and the sound rendering is very '' hardware resist '';)
    Thank you so much .

Synthmaster 2 will it be planned for the ipad mini display format?
    Say yes! It's okay if it's small;)
    If we can remove the virtual keyboard we save space;)

Merci encore ;)

• edited June 2021

@ChoopCGen said:
    Synthmaster 2 will it be planned for the ipad mini display format?
    Say yes! It's okay if it's small;)
    If we can remove the virtual keyboard we save space;)

Merci encore ;)

It's already available since iPad mini basicly uses 4x3 aspect ratio, same as iPad 9.7 / 10.5

• edited June 2021

Ok it's good to know this ;)
    Thx

• edited June 2021

Sorry, wrong thread