Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something new from FAC Drumkit.

Comments

• @vasilymilovidov said:

@Samu said:
    @vasilymilovidov Does it allow mapping velocity to envelope speeds and things like that? (I presume yes).

not quite sure what you mean by that. controlling speed of an envelope with velocity?

Yes, Low velocity slow pitch-sweep, high velocity for 'zap' and everything in-between.
    Or velocity to envelope mod depth for velocity control over amplitude and/or filter frequency or pitch-mod depth.
    So lower velocities have more closed filter cutoff and higher velocities more open filter...

In short, mapping velocity to synthesis parameters creates a more dynamic sound.

• @Samu said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

@Samu said:
    @vasilymilovidov Does it allow mapping velocity to envelope speeds and things like that? (I presume yes).

not quite sure what you mean by that. controlling speed of an envelope with velocity?

Yes, Low velocity slow pitch-sweep, high velocity for 'zap' and everything in-between.
    Or velocity to envelope mod depth for velocity control over amplitude and/or filter frequency or pitch-mod depth.
    So lower velocities have more closed filter cutoff and higher velocities more open filter...

In short, mapping velocity to synthesis parameters creates a more dynamic sound.

no, i'm afraid you can't do that. i don't think you can change the speed of envelopes. and there's no built-in ways to make parameters sensitive to velocity. you can do something like that through drambo of course.

• @vasilymilovidov said:

@Samu said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

@Samu said:

no, i'm afraid you can't do that. i don't think you can change the speed of envelopes. and there's no built-in ways to make parameters sensitive to velocity. you can do something like that through drambo of course.

but don't quote me on that, i just might be stupid!

• >

No worries, I do suspect that at least velocity -> amp/volume present as that is quite an essential feature for creating a bit of dynamics like accents ;)

• Thank you all for your great support and feedback! Really appreciated!

You will find the details about the app here: http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Drumkit.html

It's indeed definitely a drum synth, it's not sampler synth or so. For the anecdote, I was working on a very similar prototype project prior to Fac Chorus! With exactly this kind of envelopes with control points.

There is indeed a lot of room for improvements, and my todo list is VERY long.
    But I have to start with a 1.0 and this is 1.0 :) Remember with my other apps, I've added new features after the release day.

FAC is a one-person business, and as you may guess designing such apps is a very long process.
    Furthermore, I have a full day job. So I do FAC in my spare time, like a crazy artist writing a book in a cabin in the woods.

Here a general overview:

Here more on the pitch envelope & sampler:

And one of my favourite sound, a clap :)

• @Samu said:

>

No worries, I do suspect that at least velocity -> amp/volume present as that is quite an essential feature for creating a bit of dynamics like accents ;)

yeah, in that sense it is velocity sensitive of course!

• Those envelopes look amazing.

• edited June 2021

@FredAntonCorvest are there any plans to make drum pads in the app to play this?

Who is the audience/customer you specifically designed the app for?

• @NeuM said:
    @FredAntonCorvest are there any plans to make drum pads in the app to play this?

I see it as a 'sound module'...
    ...you know the old-school stuff you put in a rack (=AUv3 Host) and trigger with a midi-controller or sequence using a sequencer :)

• @Samu said:

@NeuM said:

I see it as a 'sound module'...
    ...you know the old-school stuff you put in a rack (=AUv3 Host) and trigger with a midi-controller or sequence using a sequencer :)

You may be right, but I’d still like to see Fred’s answer.

• @NeuM said:

I don't want to promise things I cannot deliver BUT you see the bottom bar here with "only" two pages: voice and mixer?
    The empty space is done on purpose because as I said my todo list is long. My UI concept is mainly ready for improvement.

Voice

Drum pad is not an issue, look here the top buttons.
    Those are pads but for preview purpose because it's small. If I add drums pads I ll add them to another page.

An by the way, you could use hardware controller to play the drums. The mapping starts at C1.

Mixer

People who share the same passion, MUSIC. A wonderful universal language and an amazing source of happiness.

• edited June 2021

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@NeuM said:

I don't want to promise things I cannot deliver BUT you see the bottom bar here with "only" two pages: voice and mixer?
    The empty space is done on purpose because as I said my todo list is long. My UI concept is mainly ready for improvement.

Voice

Drum pad is not an issue, look here the top buttons.
    Those are pads but for preview purpose because it's small. If I add drums pads I ll add them to another page.

An by the way, you could use hardware controller to play the drums. The mapping starts at C1.

Mixer

People who share the same passion, MUSIC. A wonderful universal language and an amazing source of happiness.

Thanks for the quick reply, Fred. Speaking for myself, I look forward to further developments with an eye toward adding function for playing the app like a drum machine with pads. I’m sure this will be another quality release and I already have many of your apps in my stable. Best of luck with the app!

• Anybody got the answer to an AU sequencer with 16 instrument lanes? Must get this sorted before release!

• @oat_phipps said:
    Anybody got the answer to an AU sequencer with 16 instrument lanes? Must get this sorted before release!

drambo

• @vasilymilovidov said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Anybody got the answer to an AU sequencer with 16 instrument lanes? Must get this sorted before release!

drambo

Son of a. Was afraid of that

• i'm a bit crazy so my drumkit rack looks like this at the moment :D

and as a drambo-based sequencer i use this amazing rack
    https://patchstorage.com/klevgrand-seq/

• @oat_phipps said:

also you can use eg pulse as a sequencer

• edited June 2021

or beathawk (i think?)

• edited June 2021

@oat_phipps said:

StepPolyArp has 11 lanes? You can set the lane to a constant note and it’s pretty damn fun

You could also just use any piano roll

• @FredAntonCorvest sooner rather than later I’ll be buying this app just for the damn hats. :)

• I have to say this is more than I was expecting. Looks pretty amazing to me.

• Really clever Fred ... just what I've been after.

Funnily enough I don't use standard drums much ... but I do use a lot of found noises, ticks, dings and scratchy stuff cobbled into something like percussion. So I'm after something that isn't like a "drumkit" at all really. Just the thing. Tunable, sculptable, bendable - just excellent.

Drumkit will be a lovely flexible source of odd unique sounds... like all the rest of Fred's offerings. Gonna be an interesting book.

• edited June 2021

speaking of that 1s sample limit. i have a ton of very long samples of electricity, rocks, machines working and so on. and every time i work with them i tend to lose myself in sound design. picking parts, slicing it, repitching it and so on. but with only first seconds of those files available to me i somehow managed to squeeze so much more out of them than before. don’t get me wrong, i really want be able to scan trough such files and pick parts that i like and i really want them to be longer. but i don’t want another sample mangling slicing monster.

• Wait. You have long samples of … rocks?

Are you Howard Bannister?!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Wait. You have long samples of … rocks?

Are you Howard Bannister?!

i meant to say long samples of rock’s singing

• @FredAntonCorvest How long will the intro price be valid for Fred? Some of us have to wait until pay day... :D

• @Hypervox said:
    @FredAntonCorvest How long will the intro price be valid for Fred? Some of us have to wait until pay day... :D

At least until the 11th which is release date.

• edited June 2021

So the videos with FAC Drumkit start to pop up...
    (Video was removed from Youtube).

• edited June 2021

@Samu said:
    So the videos with FAC Drumkit start to pop up...

It now says video unavailable.