Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to import a Nave presets bank? (SOLVED)

I’ve got 25 presets I wanted to share here for Nave but I’m stumped.
In Nave’s bank/preset menu there is a bank export option called “Email Bank”. So I emailed it to myself, but upon receiving the file in an email and selecting it, there is no option to send it to Nave. I also saved the file to my dropbox, but from dropbox there is no “Open In” or “Copy To” option for Nave. On Nave itself there is no bank import option either, so it can’t be done from there. Seems a bit stupid to provide an “Email Bank” option for sharing when there is apparantly no way to import a bank!(?) Or am I missing something?

Any clues would be greatly appreciated so I can share this bank with you.

Cheers.
🕷

Comments

• Buried in here https://waldorfmusic.com/downloads/Nave/Manuals/nave-manual.pdf

The email option just lets you send your presets to a special friend for some reason.

To actually download presets into Nave it looks like a built-in iTunes option ... quaint.

Gee this old thing sounds wonderful... wish they'd give it a tech tickle.

• @Spidericemidas said:
    I’ve got 25 presets I wanted to share here for Nave but I’m stumped.
    In Nave’s bank/preset menu there is a bank export option called “Email Bank”. So I emailed it to myself, but upon receiving the file in an email and selecting it, there is no option to send it to Nave. I also saved the file to my dropbox, but from dropbox there is no “Open In” or “Copy To” option for Nave. On Nave itself there is no bank import option either, so it can’t be done from there. Seems a bit stupid to provide an “Email Bank” option for sharing when there is apparantly no way to import a bank!(?) Or am I missing something?

Any clues would be greatly appreciated so I can share this bank with you.

Cheers.
    🕷

Email the bank, save to Files app, long press on file, choose Share from the pop-up menu, Nave will be a choice.

• Page 68 of that pdf manual has the iTunes arrangement ... just abominable. Files makes it easier by the look of it, but I'd even even do the iTunes ritual to get 25 Spider sounds.

Such a rich and powerful synth ... really unique... can't wait to hear what his finely tuned ears have done with Nave.

• @Spidericemidas

I emailed this bank to myself, saved to Files, zipped it and uploaded to this post. That should do it.

• @anickt said:
    @Spidericemidas

I emailed this bank to myself, saved to Files, zipped it and uploaded to this post. That should do it.

Hey thanks for the responses. So I emailed the bank to myself again, saved it to the files app. I’ve got a zipped version and an unzipped version there, and neither of them will go into Nave. Nave doesn’t show up as a possible destination like it does in your pics above. I didn’t have any luck trying to get your example imported into my Nave either. There isn’t an import bank option in Nave itself, so it can surely only be a “share” or “open in” process from the file options....idk. Touching on the file duplicates it for some reason. Other times touching it then takes me to dropbox! Weird. Long press gives me the zip and unzip options. Other than that I can’t do anything else with it as Nave isn’t listed for sharing to.

Well never mind. If I figure it out eventually, I’ll share the bank. Thanks for your time and efforts! 🙏

• @Spidericemidas said:

@anickt said:
    @Spidericemidas

Hey thanks for the responses. So I emailed the bank to myself again, saved it to the files app. I’ve got a zipped version and an unzipped version there, and neither of them will go into Nave. Nave doesn’t show up as a possible destination like it does in your pics above. I didn’t have any luck trying to get your example imported into my Nave either. There isn’t an import bank option in Nave itself, so it can surely only be a “share” or “open in” process from the file options....idk. Touching on the file duplicates it for some reason. Other times touching it then takes me to dropbox! Weird. Long press gives me the zip and unzip options. Other than that I can’t do anything else with it as Nave isn’t listed for sharing to.

Well never mind. If I figure it out eventually, I’ll share the bank. Thanks for your time and efforts! 🙏

Post the zip here and I’ll test it.

• @anickt said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@anickt said:
    @Spidericemidas

Hey. I’m at a loss how to do that from the files app. Copy and Paste doesn’t work. Share to only brings up email and Dropbox options. Sorry, I’m normally used to the straightforward method of “open in” from Dropbox. Don’t understand the Files app 🤔😬

• @Spidericemidas said:

@anickt said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@anickt said:
    @Spidericemidas

Hey. I’m at a loss how to do that from the files app. Copy and Paste doesn’t work. Share to only brings up email and Dropbox options. Sorry, I’m normally used to the straightforward method of “open in” from Dropbox. Don’t understand the Files app 🤔😬

Sure wish developers had a more consistent approach to file sharing and importing. There are exceptional apps which have these features built in from day one.

• @NeuM Well, I thought I might run into problems with this one as Nave is quite old in iOS years. Poseidon was a bugger as well (presets had to be shared as AUM presets so you could only access them with Poseidon plugged into AUM as an AU, and you can’t get them into Poseidon in standalone mode nor from the AUM presets list back into Poseidon permanently) 🙄

When a synth only offers “Email Bank”, I know it’s going to be troublesome. I’ve tried all the ways I know, and the suggestion kindly offered above, but no luck. I couldn’t even get this bank back into Nave from Emailing it to myself as a test! There must be a way, a step I’m missing, otherwise there’s no point in providing an “Email Bank” option.

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2021

@anickt I tried to import the navebank you posted by sharing from the uncompressed .navebank to Nave in the files.app - but i am not sure if it worked... What name did that bank have ?
    I don‘t know if i already had the bank named ‚tsching‘ with about 20 presets and the first one named ‚Frazier Swell‘ :)

• edited June 2021

@Spidericemidas said:
    @NeuM Well, I thought I might run into problems with this one as Nave is quite old in iOS years. Poseidon was a bugger as well (presets had to be shared as AUM presets so you could only access them with Poseidon plugged into AUM as an AU, and you can’t get them into Poseidon in standalone mode nor from the AUM presets list back into Poseidon permanently) 🙄

When a synth only offers “Email Bank”, I know it’s going to be troublesome. I’ve tried all the ways I know, and the suggestion kindly offered above, but no luck. I couldn’t even get this bank back into Nave from Emailing it to myself as a test! There must be a way, a step I’m missing, otherwise there’s no point in providing an “Email Bank” option.

I’m going to take a wild guess and theorize it requires iTunes and a Mac to move presets back into the app.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@anickt said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@anickt said:
    @Spidericemidas

You can see your Dropbox in Files app (you might have to use the More Locations command in the Files app. Then you can just copy and paste to add a copy of the file to your Dropbox.

• @_ki said:
    @anickt I tried to import the navebank you posted by sharing from the uncompressed .navebank to Nave in the files.app - but i am not sure if it worked... What name did that bank have ?
    I don‘t know if i already had the bank named ‚tsching‘ with about 20 presets and the first one named ‚Frazier Swell‘ :)

Should be “User” followed by numbers. If there’s already a User file in your app Nave will append numbers to the imported one.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@anickt said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@anickt said:
    @Spidericemidas

You select the forum file loader and then navigate to your file.

• edited June 2021

I downloaded the Haq presets from the link in YT and purchased a bunch from Alba Ecstasy for $8 US. no problem installing any of them.

• @anickt said:

@_ki said:

Should be “User” followed by numbers. If there’s already a User file in your app Nave will append numbers to the imported one.

Unfortuntately, on my iPad (which runs iOS 13.7) Nave isn't offered as destination via the Share sheet :(

• Did you scroll your destinations all the way to the right to where it says “more” and see if it’s in there?

• @anickt said:
    Did you scroll your destinations all the way to the right to where it says “more” and see if it’s in there?

Yup!

There are some known glitches in iOS 13 and the share sheet/open in that results in the mapping of extension to app being broken for some people for some file extensions.

• @espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:
    Did you scroll your destinations all the way to the right to where it says “more” and see if it’s in there?

Yup!

There are some known glitches in iOS 13 and the share sheet/open in that results in the mapping of extension to app being broken for some people for some file extensions.

Oohhh that’s interesting. Same here, Nave nowhere to be found in the share sheet even in the “more” section, and I’m on 13.1.3.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:

Yup!

Oohhh that’s interesting. Same here, Nave nowhere to be found in the share sheet even in the “more” section, and I’m on 13.1.3.

i may have to resort to itunes file sharing.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:

Yup!

I have absolutely no idea about that and have never used it. But judging by many comments and reactions I’ve noticed over the years to the very mention of the phrase “iTunes file sharing”, it seems like some kind of Devil spawn to be avoided at all costs. Lol.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:

Yup!

I have absolutely no idea about that and have never used it. But judging by many comments and reactions I’ve noticed over the years to the very mention of the phrase “iTunes file sharing”, it seems like some kind of Devil spawn to be avoided at all costs. Lol.

It isn't that bad...if one has a Mac (no idea how it is in Windows ). Mainly, it is annoying to have to connect it to the Mac and launch iTunes.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:

Yup!

It’s not so bad but it does require a computer with iTunes. That’s pretty annoying. I’m on iOS 14.6 and I have no issues with downloading files or using the Files app so I really have no need for a computer for any functions on my iPad.

• @anickt The import of your presets worked after three identical tries, so even if one has the ‚Share to Nave‘ option it doesn‘t always succeed at the first go :)

BTW: The name of the new bank depends on the name of the .navebank file, i renamed my copy before importing. Banks can also be renamed inside Nave.

• For me it seems to work more often from inside the Dropbox app than directly from the files app. This is true for Moog Model D banks as well, not just Nave.

• Tried all the usual tricks on an Air4 and mini5, both on ios 14.6, but Nave is resisting :). Neither Share nor Open in other app etc. work. Then again, as @_ki said, sometimes things just spontaneously start working at some point, so there's that...

• @_ki @circledsquare @ervin

It never didn’t work for me. It worked entirely as expected. I find it puzzling that others have issues. Nave showed up in Share in the Files app as expected and I just followed the logical steps overall. Weird! 🤪

• @ervin @anickt @circledsquare @_ki @espiegel123 @NeuM Well...Nave is definitely refusing to show up for me using the above methods. At least I’ve now managed to attach the zipped file here. Maybe you could see if you are able to get it into Nave as a test? I hadn’t got to naming the presets yet when I did the export/import test and found out it wasn’t working. So if you do manage to obtain this bank, you should see the bank is called Spidericemidas and the presets are currently named “Test1”....up to 25. If we have some success with this file, I’ll finish naming the presets properly and reissue the bank.

Thanks all for your patience and helpful suggestions/comments. Very much appreciated.

• edited June 2021

@Spidericemidas said:
    @ervin @anickt @circledsquare @_ki @espiegel123 @NeuM Well...Nave is definitely refusing to show up for me using the above methods. At least I’ve now managed to attach the zipped file here. Maybe you could see if you are able to get it into Nave as a test? I hadn’t got to naming the presets yet when I did the export/import test and found out it wasn’t working. So if you do manage to obtain this bank, you should see the bank is called Spidericemidas and the presets are currently named “Test1”....up to 25. If we have some success with this file, I’ll finish naming the presets properly and reissue the bank.

Thanks all for your patience and helpful suggestions/comments. Very much appreciated.

No problem. One thing I thought of. Nave has to be open before you share files to it or the import won’t work. Nice presets!

• Worked for Me. I had to extract the .nave file, and then share that (with Nave open) but it worked. IOS 14.4