Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.3.1 Maintenance Update Available

LFSLFS
edited June 2021 in General App Discussion

Dear all,

We hope you are all well.

Today, we are glad to announce the immediate availability of Cubasis 3.3.1 for iOS (and Android), which resolves the most frequent user reported issues.

Download Cubasis on the App Store

If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store.
Thank you very much in advance!

Enjoy making music
& stay well
Lars

Comments

• Cubasis 3.3.1 Maintenance Update | Version History

CBT-2008 Freezing a track no longer disables effects or resets volume and pan settings in the master channel.

CBT-2595 Resolves a naming problem which can prevent audio events from playing back properly in the arranger.

CBT-2610 Addresses a problem where saving ShelfEQ user presets was not possible.

CBT-2616 Cubasis now correctly sends cycle transport info to Audio Unit plug-ins.

CBT-2619 Resolves a problem where using MIDI Learn CC1 can render Cubasis unreliable.

CBT-2622 Resolves a serious problem where MIDI input could lead to dropped and hanging notes.

CBT-2628 Cubasis no longer renders unreliable when selecting a sidechain input track of the same multi-out Audio Unit.

CBT-2633 Global record-enable and monitoring is now working as expected again in the mixer.

CBT-2637 Programming Micrologue ARP for regular Micrologue presets now works as expected.

CBT-2641 Solves an issue where Audio Unit effects can open with wrong parameter settings.

CBT-2644 Resolves a problem where saving a Micrologue ARP preset can result in loading a previous preset.

CBT-2645 Solves a rare issue where the audio editor does not apply edits.

CBT-2647 Selecting pitch bend events is now working as expected.

CBT-2648 Resolves a problem where freezing and unfreezing a MIDI track can lead to the parameters of AU instruments and effects being reset.

CBT-2653 Addresses a problem where Cubasis plays back a wrong audio file.

CBT-2655 Recording multiple AU MIDI effects now works as expected.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Great job @LFS and Cubasis Team. Thank you for your work!

• Great news! I will check the bugs I have open and update them with what I find.

• Two of the three bugs I reported are now fixed, though this is still an issue:

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/notes-dropped-when-generated-by-midi-plugins/720920/6

Also, the repeated notes on MIDI sends appears to be fixed now, which is good news.

• Great update thanks 😊

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Two of the three bugs I reported are now fixed, though this is still an issue:

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/notes-dropped-when-generated-by-midi-plugins/720920/6

Also, the repeated notes on MIDI sends appears to be fixed now, which is good news.

I think it is fixed:

CBT-2622 Resolves a serious problem where MIDI input could lead to dropped and hanging notes.

At least in my use case with hanging/dropped notes from my BeatStep Pro. I also don’t experience the problem with Midi FX generators anymore.

• I had a recurring issue where reordering plugins would mess up the chain, resetting plugin parameters. I hope that’s fixed since it seems similar to the “freeze” issue.
    I also observed an issue where Group tracks would not work properly. Sending a track to a group would sometimes not route ALL the audio, if you lowered the Group tracks volume to 0 you’d still get some of the original track sound. It only happened at times.
    I have to say I’m really enjoying Cubasis after the last update. Good job!

• edited June 2021

@krassmann said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Two of the three bugs I reported are now fixed, though this is still an issue:

I think it is fixed:

At least in my use case with hanging/dropped notes from my BeatStep Pro. I also don’t experience the problem with Midi FX generators anymore.

I’m pleased to hear that your issue is resolved but I guess we are seeing two similar but not identical issues as my recreate still shows the issue is there for me. Could also be something in our setup which is different, of course. Does the exact recreate I mention in the bug report show the problem on your system?

Edit: it does look like they tightened things up as I no longer see the issue with Helium as the MIDI producer, only when Atom is used to generate the MIDI,

• @tahiche said:
    I had a recurring issue where reordering plugins would mess up the chain, resetting plugin parameters. I hope that’s fixed since it seems similar to the “freeze” issue.

Sounds a bit like one of the other bugs I reported which is now fixed https://forums.steinberg.net/t/reordering-certain-plugins-causes-others-to-lose-corrupt-state/720836/2

• edited June 2021

@LFS Nice Update!

Cubase is slowly but surely improving bit-by-bit...
    Next week is WWDC'21 and I do hope there's at least some audio-related news to look forward to in iOS/iPadOS15.

I'll be watching all relevant WWDC sessions and collect what I feel could make different in the coming years.

When the 'Share Sheet' with Open In and Airdrop was introduced it took us ages to see wider support in audio-related apps to share data, same when it suddenly was possible to expose an apps 'Documents' folder to Files.app. Many apps still do not implement it which is a real bummer as it would make file & document sharing between apps a lot smoother.

Thankfully Cubasis already supports the above features.

Drag'n'Drop Audio & Midi To/From Cubasis would be a real blast though?

Imagine Dragging an Audio-Event from Cubasis the time-line to a Sampler Plug-In like sEGments, reSlice or Koala?
    Or maybe Drag'n'Drop Audio & Midi from a Plug-In (ChordJam and Atom 2 as few examples) back to the Cubasis time-line?
    (This can already be done so it's not a technical limitation).

As 'Open In Place' is already supported in iPadOS being able to directly open an AudioEvent in other apps for more detailed editing to overcome some of the current limitations when it comes to audio processing and editing in Cubasis.

But for now, let's enjoy the Cubasis 3.3.1 update and the nice summer weather! :)
    Cheers!
    /Samuel

• edited June 2021

So much things are fixed, especially AU state saving which works PERFECTLY now, but also multiple stacked AU midi FX recording, and this one is also a HUGE benefit from this update B) + lot of other fixes, even BeatHawk stuck notes :)

• “ CBT-2595 Resolves a naming problem which can prevent audio events from playing back properly in the arranger. “
    paging Mr @AudioGus
    does this one fix the audio playback problem you were having ... i hadn’t thought of the concept it might be the file names causing problems,, but it makes sense as a lot of mine have long source string & descriptions in the name..
    i’ll wait for word from yr bad self until i update to version 3.3 ..

• @Janosax said:
    So much things are fixed, especially AU state saving which works PERFECTLY now, but also multiple stacked AU midi FX recording, and this one is also a HUGE benefit from this update B) + lot of other fixes, even BeatHawk stuck notes :)

Hi @Janosax,

Thanks for the updated feedback.
    We are glad to read that 3.3.1 seems to work fine for you, and has resolved some of your issues.

Thanks again,
    Lars

• @RockySmalls said:
    “ CBT-2595 Resolves a naming problem which can prevent audio events from playing back properly in the arranger. “
    paging Mr @AudioGus
    does this one fix the audio playback problem you were having ... i hadn’t thought of the concept it might be the file names causing problems,, but it makes sense as a lot of mine have long source string & descriptions in the name..
    i’ll wait for word from yr bad self until i update to version 3.3 ..

Hi @AudioGus, Hi @RockySmalls,

Please keep us updated if your issue has been solved in Cubasis 3.3.1.

Thanks,
    Lars

• Thanks everyone for your nice comments!
    We're glad to read that you seem to enjoy the new version so far!

Thanks again
    & stay well,
    Lars

• @tahiche said:
    I had a recurring issue where reordering plugins would mess up the chain, resetting plugin parameters. I hope that’s fixed since it seems similar to the “freeze” issue.
    I also observed an issue where Group tracks would not work properly. Sending a track to a group would sometimes not route ALL the audio, if you lowered the Group tracks volume to 0 you’d still get some of the original track sound. It only happened at times.
    I have to say I’m really enjoying Cubasis after the last update. Good job!

Glad to read this, thanks @tahiche!

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS thank you for the information and the list of fixes!

• @rs2000 said:
    @LFS thank you for the information and the list of fixes!

Thanks for the kind words @rs2000 & always welcome.... :)

Best,
    Lars

• Thanks @LFS, 400+ tracks and counting. Every one made with Cubasis. Still the occasional glitch, but never any data lost. It’s kinda like a girlfriend. Every once in a while she cracks up, but the relationship goes on.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @LFS, 400+ tracks and counting. Every one made with Cubasis. Still the occasional glitch, but never any data lost. It’s kinda like a girlfriend. Every once in a while she cracks up, but the relationship goes on.

Hi Mike,

Hope you're up and well & glad to read this.
    And hopefully the new 3.3.1 is treating you well and supports you while being creative... ;)

Best,
    Lars

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @LFS Thanks!

You're welcome, @JohnnyGoodyear... :)

• Great updates @LFS

I’ve really been enjoying working in Cubasis! A month or so ago I asked about a pink border surrounding the Waves plugins. Did you ever have a chance to look into that? It doesn’t really affect workflow so it’s not a “major” concern but it is kind of odd. Thanks!

• @mtenk said:
    Great updates @LFS

I’ve really been enjoying working in Cubasis! A month or so ago I asked about a pink border surrounding the Waves plugins. Did you ever have a chance to look into that? It doesn’t really affect workflow so it’s not a “major” concern but it is kind of odd. Thanks!

Hi @mtenk,

Thanks for the kind reply and feedback! We're glad to read this.

A month or so ago I asked about a pink border surrounding the Waves plugins.

Unfortunately we have been unable to reproduce this so far.

Are you able to reproduce this permanently?
    Please let me have more details once more (device info iOS/iPadOS info, step description) and we will give it another try.

Thanks,
    Lars

• edited June 2021

@LFS said:

@mtenk said:
    Great updates @LFS

Hi @mtenk,

Thanks for the kind reply and feedback! We're glad to read this.

A month or so ago I asked about a pink border surrounding the Waves plugins.

Unfortunately we have been unable to reproduce this so far.

Are you able to reproduce this permanently?
    Please let me have more details once more (device info iOS/iPadOS info, step description) and we will give it another try.

Thanks,
    Lars

@LFS

Yes, I am able to reproduce it permanently. It’s always there. Sometimes it’s a thick pink margin and sometimes it’s thin. Here’s a screen recording…

iPad Air 4. IPadOS 14.5.1 (but also occurred prior to the 14.5 update).

Thanks again!

• Hi @mtenk,

Unfortunately I'm unable to see it with the iPad Pro 12.9" 1st Gen myself.
    Shared the issue with the team.

Thanks,
    Lars

• Hi @mtenk,

To further evaluate your pink border topic, please provide us with the exact model name and number of your iOS device in use (from the iOS Settings's “About” page, either a screenshot or in written form would work fine).

Thanks
    Lars

• OK…. So I am back to Cubasis for a project. Please someone tell me I’m not crazy….. is there anyway to use a midi LFO tool example Rozeta LFO to control or be midi learned to automate the filter in Micrologue??? I have tried everything, read and searched and …….

If not I am assuming I would have to draw the automation in? @LFS

• You can add AU Midi FX to the track.