Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

COMING SOON from ToneBoosters

I bet you wasn't expecting this from ToneBoosters.
Meet TBPolyphony, a new synth coming soon for desktop and iOS users.

Comments

• Bi timbral, 2 oscillator poly? I usually don't care for subtractive polysynths these days.. but from Toneboosters? Color me interested 😁

• @aleyas said:
    Bi timbral, 2 oscillator poly? I usually don't care for subtractive polysynths these days.. but from Toneboosters? Color me interested 😁

Now that Drambo has better analog filter models, others have to catch up naturally 😁

• It’s the same preset interface as the FX :(

Also, no 🎲

• @rs2000 said:

@aleyas said:
    Bi timbral, 2 oscillator poly? I usually don't care for subtractive polysynths these days.. but from Toneboosters? Color me interested 😁

Now that Drambo has better analog filter models, others have to catch up naturally 😁

And I use them on everything 😁

Actually, the only minor criticism I have (judging from the screen shots) is that this TB one doesn't have dual filters! Odd for the company that has a literal product called Dual Vcf 😋

• edited June 2021

This is interesting for sure!

...just hope the number of modulation sources is not artificially limited.

Gimme plenty of curved multi-stage envelopes, step-modulators/lfos with custom waves with control over start-phase etc. etc.

Envelope control over Pulse-Width is a must in my book ;)

The UI of TB apps is easy on the eyes, and it seems to be the case this time around too.
    (Wonder how long it will take for FF to bring on Twin 3?).

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    This is interesting for sure!

...just hope the number of modulation sources is not artificially limited.

Gimme plenty of curved multi-stage envelopes, step-modulators/lfos with custom waves with control over start-phase etc. etc.

Envelope control over Pulse-Width is a must in my book ;)

They're generally pretty receptive to feedback/requests. Maybe if we ask nicely they'll give us a little 'loop on/off' switch beside the envelopes ;)

• @aleyas said:

@rs2000 said:

@aleyas said:

And I use them on everything 😁

Actually, the only minor criticism I have (judging from the screen shots) is that this TB one doesn't have dual filters! Odd for the company that has a literal product called Dual Vcf 😋

Who knows, some other TB apps have plenty of choices so dual filter models with different spreads could be in the list.

• @aleyas said:

They're generally pretty receptive to feedback/requests. Maybe if we ask nicely they'll give us a little 'loop on/off' switch beside the envelopes ;)

I'm pretty sure @DJB will be monitoring the threads once the app drops :) (If he isn't already...).
    We got a pre bit-crush filter implemented to TB BitJuggler a week or so after the initial release.

The question I have is, what is the unique selling point compared to all other VA synths we have already?
    Will it give Poison-202, Zeeon, Bleass Alpha or Magellan 2 a run for the money?

From the screenshot I can see it's somewhat similar to Zeeon (2 layered voices with two oscillators per voice).

The x vco indicates some kind of cross modulation? (Likely different parameters depending on oscillator type).

If it's near release I suspect a user manual is already, if it is that would be something to drool over before it drops in the AppStore :D

Cheers!

• I’m down. They have yet to disappoint. As long as it’s universal, I’m in.

• @Samu said:

@aleyas said:

I'm pretty sure @DJB will be monitoring the threads once the app drops :) (If he isn't already...).
    We got a pre bit-crush filter implemented to TB BitJuggler a week or so after the initial release.

The question I have is, what is the unique selling point compared to all other VA synths we have already?
    Will it give Poison-202, Zeeon, Bleass Alpha or Magellan 2 a run for the money?

From the screenshot I can see it's somewhat similar to Zeeon (2 layered voices with two oscillators per voice).

The x vco indicates some kind of cross modulation? (Likely different parameters depending on oscillator type).

If it's near release I suspect a user manual is already, if it is that would be something to drool over before it drops in the AppStore :D

Cheers!

I suppose it'll have a pretty decent variety of filter models, that's a big point for me. Also, just considering TB's output quality that's another big + in my book.
    The interface is nice and clean, everything seems to be available at a glance. I really like that. Though it's still to be seen how they'll handle modulation. I notice these little led's next to most parameters - it seems like those are mod targets. Maybe a double tap on a parameter will bring up a mod window?.. who knows.

The only things I really want in a polysynth like this (that I can't see off the bat) is the ability to modulate modulation. Envelopes controlling lfo rates and all that. Some step/mod sequencers are always nice to have as well. I also love ring mod in the oscillator section.

Either way, I'm confident it will sound great!

• edited June 2021

Do I need it? Not necessarily. Will I buy it? Hell yeah, it's ToneBoosters. I may end up making a track solely based off of sounds synthesised with TBPolyphony. 🤷‍♂️

• Will definitely get.

• me too

• I’m a simple man, I see a new Toneboosters app and I instabuy

• It will likely have at least 3 LFO's :)
    https://fb.watch/5S34BYRR8e/
    (Public Video on FB from ToneBoosters).

• edited June 2021

Great, but does it have anything else that we already have plenty of on iOS synth market?
    Not too many knobs to tweak on this screenshot :wink:

• @israelite said:
    Great, but does it have anything else that we already have plenty of on iOS synth market?
    Not too many knobs to tweak on this screenshot :wink:

It's a fresh app!
    Newer than anything you own 😄

• Obvious buy.

• @Samu said:
    It will likely have at least 3 LFO's :)

Sounds awesome!!!!
    💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸

• New synth by TB!
    • Is it worth it?
    • It's from TB!!
    • OK, and how is it different from the other 264 iOS synths?
    • I'll buy it!!!
    • Great. So what does it bring to the table?
    • Instabuy!!!!

Best of the forum right there :)

• Really Interested in seeing/hearing how many 'oscillator types' and 'noise colors' this one has, maybe it has 'morphing' oscillators as well? (tri->saw->square, ramp up->triangle->ramp down) and other stuff we can't see yet...

Why do I get the feeling that FF has Twin 3 is around the corner and TB want's to beat them to it :D

• TB is always an instabuy for me too. Very interesting!

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    I’m a simple man, I see a new Toneboosters app and I instabuy

Yep, this. I will support all they do especially as they do universal.

• TB apps are among the most efficient (super intuitive and light on CPU) out there.. really curious about how a TB synth sounds like 😃

• edited June 2021

Ain't no app collector so I will rather keep making music with the free Viking Synth that seems to be more or less the same thing :lol:

• @Samu said:

Indeed; always reading the discussions here with great interest :-)

Let me add one little teaser to Ali's post since there are some questions about knobs to tweak and modulation options.... Here's a little popup screen showing modulation sources for VCO waveform pulse width:

• @israelite said:
    Ain't no app collector so I will rather keep making music with the free Viking Synth that seems to be more or less the same thing :lol:

The Viking synth is a mono synth, doesn’t seem like the same thing at all to me so far

• @jolico said:

@Samu said:

Sounds awesome!!!!
    💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸

That was an early version in action - no external effects - hopefully it will give a hint of what the synth can do :-)

• @DJB said:

@jolico said:

@Samu said:

Sounds awesome!!!!
    💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸

That was an early version in action - no external effects - hopefully it will give a hint of what the synth can do :-)

👌👌👌