Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FabFilter Timeless 3 by FabFilter - Released

Comments

• @NeuM said:

@Tim6502 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    @NeuM it can be extremely complex but you can dial in simple delays pretty quickly without lots of fiddling. Most of my experimentation has actually come from just dialing in a slapback delay and then getting curious asking myself “well what if I modulate this” and then I go down a rabbit hole

For some less involved Timeless 3 presets, see this thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45414/fabfilter-timeless-3-download-169-presets :)

That’s a terrific resource for those who work using that method. I don’t really like AUM. It’s more appropriate for live performance than for production, IMO.

The AUM approach is the only one I know to use when an AUv3 App does not support proper preset export and import (which the FF apps do not do on iOS). Once the preset has been saved back into, say, Timeless 3, you can subsequently use it elsewhere.

• @Tim6502 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    @NeuM it can be extremely complex but you can dial in simple delays pretty quickly without lots of fiddling. Most of my experimentation has actually come from just dialing in a slapback delay and then getting curious asking myself “well what if I modulate this” and then I go down a rabbit hole

For some less involved Timeless 3 presets, see this thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45414/fabfilter-timeless-3-download-169-presets :)

Thnx for the reminder Tim, I must download these 🙏

• @Tim6502 said:

@NeuM said:

@Tim6502 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

That’s a terrific resource for those who work using that method. I don’t really like AUM. It’s more appropriate for live performance than for production, IMO.

The AUM approach is the only one I know to use when an AUv3 App does not support proper preset export and import (which the FF apps do not do on iOS). Once the preset has been saved back into, say, Timeless 3, you can subsequently use it elsewhere.

It’s a smart workaround for an inexplicable flaw in the FabFilter apps. Sharing and importing presets is table stakes these days and they should work on a real fix for this.

• I actually requested a refund on it and 2 other apps I just got as I realised I was absolutely skint lol (maybe check your bank balance first eh). Will grab it next month I think (when it’ll be full price I’m sure, sigh…)

• edited May 2021

It rules once you get used to the new layout. I think they did a better job with the Saturn 2 re-design (maybe because it stayed close to the original) but this is easily my go-to delay. There’s no effect better than a filtered delay.

• @oat_phipps said:
    There’s no effect better than a filtered delay.

But I have filters and delays. I have been filtering my reading on this app and using a purchase delay and @flo26 shows me... this is an app for creating Timeless 3D spaces.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45412/ambient-with-geoshred-and-fabfilter-3#latest

The quality of the "hang time" is impressive. It never gets cluttered like the Eos 2 frozen mode but it just hangs the right notes for ages.

• @ghost_forests said:
    I actually requested a refund on it and 2 other apps I just got as I realised I was absolutely skint lol (maybe check your bank balance first eh). Will grab it next month I think (when it’ll be full price I’m sure, sigh…)

I feel I got my money’s worth with the app, but it’s not the only app available to achieve a particular effect. There are myriad routes one might take during production.

• @NeuM said:
    There are myriad routes one might take during production.

Do tell... this is not even remotely helpful for someone on the fence.
    I think I need to listen to @flo26 for some clarity. He didn't even use an IR
    that he can't remember which file it is. That's clarity, simplicity and helpful.

• I may be wrong, but didn’t FF update the preset saving for the ProQ3 AUv3 shortly after it was released?

• Loving Timeless 3 overall, but I'm missing the simplicity of being able to dial in L and R delay synced times in a much more simple way.

I can't find a way to simply set L delay to 1/8 and R delay to 1/2. for example ... finding the Timeless 3 way of setting delay times quite unintuitive so far ... back to the manual then :)

• My experience, zero problems with the interface, accessing/using the functions and understanding the functionality. Even without a manual I find it easy by simply playing with it. Just spend some time with it and listen. But I have the same opinion on the MPC One and it’s menu’s. Those are tools that need some time investment from your side. Once you understand you will see how different and powerful it is/can be.

• edited May 2021

OK so I think I've figured it out, but I haven't found it (yet) in the manual, so it might help any others aren't finding this intuitive.

In Sync mode, when dialing the Left and Right delay offsets, as you increase\decrease those amounts (vertical drag), a "t" or "d" will appear n the delay percentage to indicate that the current offset percentage is a TRIPLET or DOTTED multiple of the base frequency.

• @McD said:

@NeuM said:
    There are myriad routes one might take during production.

Do tell... this is not even remotely helpful for someone on the fence.
    I think I need to listen to @flo26 for some clarity. He didn't even use an IR
    that he can't remember which file it is. That's clarity, simplicity and helpful.

Just my way of saying if a person can’t afford it, don’t get it because there’s more than one solution to every problem.

• edited June 2021

There is a note shaped icon (Delay Sync) for selecting the tempo sync, such as 1/16, then adjust Delay Time Pan (outer ring) so that the R channel syncs to a percentage of the L channel. 1/8 is 200% of 1/16.

• Is anyone else encountering this GUI issue (I’m on iOS 13.6.1 on iPad Pro 2017), with blank text entry boxes in Save Preset and parameter text entry? (Support message has been sent)

• @craftycurate said:
    Is anyone else encountering this GUI issue (I’m on iOS 13.6.1 on iPad Pro 2017), with blank text entry boxes in Save Preset and parameter text entry? (Support message has been sent)

Yeap, i also sent an email

• edited June 2021

GUI Tips (as the manual doesn’t seem to reference iOS - have asked dev about this)

• Long press on filter node to show pop up menu with “Shape” and “Slope” parameters for selected filter node
    • Tap a node to see parameters - the parameter with Dbl shown against it can be changed by double tapping on the node and dragging. This can work for two different parameters, one which is altered dragging vertically after double tap, and one by dragging horizontally. (See below)
    • Similarly, dragging horizontally alters Frequency (as expected) and dragging vertically alters Gain.
    • Dragging a node with a second finger held down gives fine adjustment. Applies to Freq, Gain, Q and Pan (tap/double tap the chosen node first, then hold down a second finger, then commence Node drag operation)

• The white-on-white text box may be due to the system's Light or Dark mode, and the specific AU host. AUM is the same with either. I reported it last year, hopefully more users report it and he fixes it.
    Contact info is here: https://www.fabfilter.com/support/.

• @craftycurate said:
    GUI Tips (as the manual doesn’t seem to reference iOS - have asked dev about this)

• Long press on filter node to show pop up menu with “Shape” and “Slope” parameters for selected filter node
    • Tap a node to see parameters - the parameter with Dbl shown against it can be changed by double tapping on the node and dragging. This can work for two different parameters, one which is altered dragging vertically after double tap, and one by dragging horizontally. (See below)
    • Similarly, dragging horizontally alters Frequency (as expected) and dragging vertically alters Gain.
    • Dragging a node with a second finger held down gives fine adjustment. Applies to Freq, Gain, Q and Pan (tap/double tap the chosen node first, then hold down a second finger, then commence Node drag operation)

Epic! Thanks for this!

• @mlau said:

@craftycurate said:
    Is anyone else encountering this GUI issue (I’m on iOS 13.6.1 on iPad Pro 2017), with blank text entry boxes in Save Preset and parameter text entry? (Support message has been sent)

Yeap, i also sent an email

While I do see this GUI issue with AUM, I did not notice it occurring with Cubasis 3.

• @craftycurate said:

👍

• First usability impression: wow, way to go if you want to design something that is absolutely beautiful, has a lot of empty space and at the same time manages to offer controls that are too small for normal-sized fingers even on 11 inches. I think they traded easy operation for good looks.

• @ervin said:
    First usability impression: wow, way to go if you want to design something that is absolutely beautiful, has a lot of empty space and at the same time manages to offer controls that are too small for normal-sized fingers even on 11 inches. I think they traded easy operation for good looks.

Even though the labels can be on the smaller side the 'hit/touch zones' are quite large :)
    (No issues on the iPad Air 2, I love this thing!)

• @Samu said:

@ervin said:
    First usability impression: wow, way to go if you want to design something that is absolutely beautiful, has a lot of empty space and at the same time manages to offer controls that are too small for normal-sized fingers even on 11 inches. I think they traded easy operation for good looks.

Even though the labels can be on the smaller side the 'hit/touch zones' are quite large :)

Well, sure. 1-2 mm is "on the smaller side" - that's certainly one way of putting it! :wink:

BTW, I just opened it up in Mini, for fun, and even in full screen mode some of the labels are decidedly in the electron microscope territory. So if you don't yet have it, be aware - if your eyesight is poor or you need strong contrast, it may be a challenge. But beatiful and sounds great.

• @ervin said:

Well, sure. 1-2 mm is "on the smaller side" - that's certainly one way of putting it! :wink:

BTW, I just opened it up in Mini, for fun, and even in full screen mode some of the labels are decidedly in the electron microscope territory. So if you don't yet have it, be aware - if your eyesight is poor or you need strong contrast, it may be a challenge. But beatiful and sounds great.

I DO suffer from degraded eye-sight but so far I've had no major issues with Timeless 3 :)
    Maybe it's the colors that are easier on the eyes and reduce eye-strain or something?!?

But sure all plug-ins should respect the Display > Text Size scaling setting!
    (Mine is currently set one notch to the right from the center but it has no effect on Timeless 3's UI).

I do find it a bit 'challenging' to pinpoint mod-destinations for the taps and other targets, they could definitely be 'bigger'.
    Like reduce the 'waste of space' and enlarge the UI elements to 125-150% or something like that.

It is kinda puzzling that there's no 'complaints' on the desktop version either as it suffer from similar microscopic UI elements?!

Considering that the UI is most likely 100% Open GL a 'UI Scale Factor' should be pretty painless to implement.

I'm looking forward to @Gavinski 's video on TimeLess 3!
    (I know UI plays an important role for him so if he finds something to comment he will and I feel the size of UI elements is on the smaller side and may get mentioned at least).

Cheers!

• @ervin said:

@Samu said:

@ervin said:

Fully agree, Ervin. Write to FF about this, I know I will. Beautiful yes, but poor use of space and small controls

• @Samu said:

@ervin said:

I DO suffer from degraded eye-sight but so far I've had no major issues with Timeless 3 :)
    Maybe it's the colors that are easier on the eyes and reduce eye-strain or something?!?

But sure all plug-ins should respect the Display > Text Size scaling setting!
    (Mine is currently set one notch to the right from the center but it has no effect on Timeless 3's UI).

I do find it a bit 'challenging' to pinpoint mod-destinations for the taps and other targets, they could definitely be 'bigger'.
    Like reduce the 'waste of space' and enlarge the UI elements to 125-150% or something like that.

It is kinda puzzling that there's no 'complaints' on the desktop version either as it suffer from similar microscopic UI elements?!

Considering that the UI is most likely 100% Open GL a 'UI Scale Factor' should be pretty painless to implement.

I'm looking forward to @Gavinski 's video on TimeLess 3!
    (I know UI plays an important role for him so if he finds something to comment he will and I feel the size of UI elements is on the smaller side and may get mentioned at least).

Cheers!

I don't have time, sadly, if FF had added me to the beta, maybe I would have had. But yes, I will definitely be mentioning this to them

• edited June 2021

Yeah finally got to spend proper time with it and do my xlfo pitch modulation arpeggio idea. It rules. Great to finally have a usable timeless outside of Auria. Which can take a hike unless my interface keeps negatively reacting with Cubasis.

• Are you having issues with the sample rate changing randomly in Cubass causing a slow down of audio?

• edited June 2021

I’m having something wrong that causes my interface to blow up. I thought it might be the sample rate changing, but I can’t remember if it did this when I was just playing in apeMatrix or not. It’s not an instant crap-out, though; It’ll gradually get noisier and noisier until it all sounds like broken static.