Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix: big update incoming

12346»

Comments

• @Satie said:

@aaronpc said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Satie said:
    Ah - thanks for the advice. So the update brings group busses not only for apeMatrix, but also for these hosts, that didn‘t support grouping so far (Cubasis, AB ...).👌🏼

This is like the time I was sick for a week and the Monday I returned to algebra they were speaking a different language.
    How can you have buses in Cubasis?

I got it working yesterday by placing the plug into the Send Effects of a couple tracks (Zeeon and DRC), then another plug into the Insert Effects of a blank audio track, followed by a regular effect (Eos2). Worked well, though with some crackle on my aging Air1. Each send has a wet/dry slider, too. I'm curious to see how much CPU and latency issues there are on newer devices.

Yes - routing via Send is nice (Cubasis) - but there is no „Pre“-button, that You can mute the dry signal, to hear only the Send via ApeMatrix-plug.🤯

yes, it’s not perfect.. if you use put the send/recieve on an insert in cubasis and then turn it off there is a horrible buzzing??
    there is still a lot of shortcomings in cubasis around pre/post fader stuff.. so not necessarily apematrix fault...
    on the plus side you can put have it on an insert AND a send , with the send all the way down you can automate pulling it up and do nice controlled feedback .. which i’m not sure you could get in cubasis before.

• Can anybody explain the use of the AB intermedia outs in ApeMatrix to me? Where do I find them in AB?
    🤯🤯🤯🤯

• edited November 2018

@Satie said:
    Can anybody explain the use of the AB intermedia outs in ApeMatrix to me? Where do I find them in AB?
    🤯🤯🤯🤯

I think it’s just a bug ( Something on AB3 sdk implementation ) and should be hidden :)

• @marcuspresident said:
    This routing and MIDI in AUM and Audiobus is making my hair go greyer every day. I might go for a spin with ApeMatrix this weekend and see, on monday probably my hair is totally white. Or my head will be without hair after beeing thorned and ripped off in frustration...

white repells best the heat.

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@Daveypoo said:
    Not sure if this has been noticed by anyone else, but this update also changed the color of the text for Bram Bos' Rozeta suite. Before, the green text against the blue background was horrid and unreadable. Now it's been changed to white against blue.

Another minor change but makes apeMatrix far easier to use.

Yay! Sounds like a small thing, but not to me. That used to bug the hell outta me - more than it reasonably should have.

• Sweet, hope they also do something about the 'sluggish' behaviour when adding AUv3's
    (It takes a long time for the list of AUv3's to pop-up especially for an app-o-holic like me with a load of apps lol).

AUM got an update not too long ago which addressed this and it's a rocket in comparison to ApeMatrix :D

• 'Local Matrix Presets', that's gonna get hammered by me! :)

• @Samu said:

Sweet, hope they also do something about the 'sluggish' behaviour when adding AUv3's
    (It takes a long time for the list of AUv3's to pop-up especially for an app-o-holic like me with a load of apps lol).

AUM got an update not too long ago which addressed this and it's a rocket in comparison to ApeMatrix :D

@samu yes agreed about sluggish behaviour I find if I tap on a slot for a AU to load there is a long delay for the list to show.

• Yeah don't know why some apps are sluggish cuz of that but zmors modular is the worst with that.

• @Samu said:

Sweet, hope they also do something about the 'sluggish' behaviour when adding AUv3's

Ya know, every so often AUM is super sluggish for me when trying to load AUs. The menu freezes and glitches when trying to scroll. If I soft reboot and try again, it helps. But what could be causing this occasional glitch? Any ideas?

• edited April 2019

As well as a “send midi AU” looks like he is working on a “AU parameters, AU” aswell it’s shows in the list. Most of his AU apps show up in other DAWs which is great.

• @aaronpc said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Satie said:
    Ah - thanks for the advice. So the update brings group busses not only for apeMatrix, but also for these hosts, that didn‘t support grouping so far (Cubasis, AB ...).👌🏼

This is like the time I was sick for a week and the Monday I returned to algebra they were speaking a different language.

I got it working yesterday by placing the plug into the Send Effects of a couple tracks (Zeeon and DRC), then another plug into the Insert Effects of a blank audio track, followed by a regular effect (Eos2). Worked well, though with some crackle on my aging Air1. Each send has a wet/dry slider, too. I'm curious to see how much CPU and latency issues there are on newer devices.

Thanks for posting this work around! In hopes to resurrect the thread, I wonder if this sandwiching of Effects is working for anyone with Cubasis 3.3 these days?

I tried it myself and while I can see and hear signal routed through my audio track, I just can’t record/ print the signal! I’m wondering if this is because of the new multi-out functions with 3.3 or perhaps I’m forgetting something. Even though multi-out is now supported, from my testing it doesn’t include Auv3 FX since there’s no bussing options.

Maybe some has an updated technique of mixing down send FX? Thanks if any!

• @Kites said:
    I just can’t record/ print the signal! I’m wondering if this is because of the new multi-out functions with 3.3 or perhaps I’m forgetting something.

For now Cubasis always records the dry signal.
    If you want to 'print the effects' use the track-freeze option to create a new audio-file with the effects burned in.

Maybe someday we'll be able to use the output of one track as the input to another track and directly record the processed audio...

• @Kites said:

@aaronpc said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Satie said:

Thanks for posting this work around! In hopes to resurrect the thread, I wonder if this sandwiching of Effects is working for anyone with Cubasis 3.3 these days?

I tried it myself and while I can see and hear signal routed through my audio track, I just can’t record/ print the signal! I’m wondering if this is because of the new multi-out functions with 3.3 or perhaps I’m forgetting something. Even though multi-out is now supported, from my testing it doesn’t include Auv3 FX since there’s no bussing options.

Maybe some has an updated technique of mixing down send FX? Thanks if any!

Please do though try to avoid though resurrecting 2 year old threads with titles that sound like exciting current news but are not 😁