Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

auSCOPE X by auDSPr - Released

edited June 2021 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1524867812

Description:

auSCOPE X is the Smart Audio Oscilloscope that lets you see your sound clearly and quickly. Its Two Channel Design lets you look at stereo audio waveforms in real time in glorious pixel-accurate resolution.

auSCOPE X has a sophisticated, full-featured Trigger System which allows you to capture a wide variety of audio signals quickly and easily. It’s FAST - the carefully thought out engine yields absolute minimum latency from when you HEAR your sound to when you SEE its waveform, so your user experience is snappy and satisfying. The simple yet powerful interface is designed for precise, intuitive control over your traces. It’s VERSATILE - auSCOPE X works as either an AUv3 Audio Unit Extension or a Stand-Alone App.

Whether you're a beginner who's just learning sound or a seasoned audio expert, auSCOPE X is an Essential App in your Audio Tool Box.

We hope you enjoy it and we’re excited to see the cool things that you do with auSCOPE X!

FEATURES

• Two Channel Audio Oscilloscope
  • Beautifully-rendered, pixel-accurate, frame-accurate, sample-accurate traces in high contrast colors make every detail easy to see

• Way higher resolution than a hardware oscilloscope
  • Hideable controls eliminate screen clutter so you can focus on what matters most - your traces

• Touchable Trigger Dot lets you quickly and easily lock onto your signals
  • 3 Trigger Modes (Auto, Normal, & Single) give you the versatility to capture a variety of signal types - from a single drum hit to a full rhythm pattern to an evolving synth
  • Pausable Trigger System lets you view and enjoy a trace as long as you want

• Zoom In & Out on both Trace Height and Width
    • Scroll Horizontally to see after and before the Trigger Event (Pre-Trigger Viewing)
  • 9 Selectable Trace Colors allow you to color-code your sessions

• AUv3 Audio Unit Extension or Stand-Alone App

• Verified to work great in AUv3 Hosts such as GarageBand, Cubasis, AUM, apeMatrix, BeatMaker 3, & Auria Pro
    • As a Stand-Alone App audio can be passed through to iPad's built-in speakers, Headphone/Line Out, or to any iOS-compatible USB audio interface connected to the Lightning or USB-C jack
  • auSCOPE X works on iPad, iPhone, & iPod touch - auSCOPE X is a Universal App

• auDSPr strived to design Apps for Everyone
    • Languages: All auDSPr audio apps support for 简体中文, Español, русский, 日本語, Français, Deutsch, Svenska, Latviešu
    • Accessibility Features
    • VoiceOver screen reader support assists visually impaired users

APPLICATIONS

• Sound design

• See and understand attack transients
    • View individual cycles of synthesizer waveforms as they evolve
    • Use Single Trigger Mode to capture 1-shot sounds such as drum hits
  • Test, characterize, or troubleshoot audio equipment

• Audio education
  • Ear training
  • Impressing your friends and family

SPECIFICATIONS

• auSCOPE X passes your audio signal through untouched - sample for sample, bit for bit - so there is zero signal degradation
  • Audio signal path uses state of the art Double Precision 64-bit Floating Point for maximum accuracy
  • Stereo In, Stereo Out
  • Supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, & 96 kHz sample rates
  • User Guide embedded in App - no internet connection required to read it

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Compatible with iOS 9.0 & up (iPad 2, iPad mini (1st Generation) iPhone 4s, iPod touch (5th Generation), & up)

• Support way back to iOS 9 means auSCOPE X works on every iPad model except one - the very first iPad
      Breathe new life into your old iPad by using auSCOPE X to make it a dedicated, precision audio oscilloscope.
  • AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions require iPad 4, iPad mini 2, and up

• 88.2 & 96 kHz sample rate require iOS-compatible USB audio interface connected to the Lightning or USB-C jack

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 9.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Looks like AUGenX is significantly cheaper at the moment too.

• Does this have ‘Lissajous’ mode??

• @Gravitas said:
    Does this have ‘Lissajous’ mode??

You can still try it out for free:

• I hope to see at least one more beta before it drops.
    (To check that the reported issues have been 'fixed').

• @aleyas said:
    Looks like AUGenX is significantly cheaper at the moment too.

I've always wondered what AuGenX does that drambo doesn't already in terms of the kind of raw, experimental sound design it's used for in music

• @Cyndilov said:

@aleyas said:

I've always wondered what AuGenX does that drambo doesn't already in terms of the kind of raw, experimental sound design it's used for in music

One advantage is that everything is there on one screen, no need to add modules here and there and patch around :)

(It's mess around by DJ Puzzle, gives a quite good picture of the app).

• @White said:

@Gravitas said:

You can still try it out for free:

Okay, I've tried the beta.
    It's only got a standard oscilloscope.
    For my purposes I need a Lissajous display.
    I've already got two in MiRack but I'm thinking
    about a dedicated app for the stuff I'm doing.
    Saying that, it's quite smooth and accurate.

If one needs a straight forward oscilloscope
    then at the preorder price it's a good deal.

• @Gravitas said:

>

Be sure to send the feature requests via TestFlight feedback :)
    You never know what will happen, maybe you'll get your wishes granted hehe.

• edited May 2021

@Samu said:

@Gravitas said:

>

Be sure to send the feature requests via TestFlight feedback :)
    You never know what will happen, maybe you'll get your wishes granted hehe.

Good suggestion.

I didn't think of that. 😏

Edit.

Message sent.

• @Gravitas said:

Good suggestion.

Doesn't hurt to try!

I mean even for this app I got some UI related requests fixed and it was like what >6 months ago since the previous beta.
    Same deal for auGen X way back in time...

The Lissajous thing could be a cool addition to the regular two waveforms as would a 'spacial scope' which makes it easy to see the differences between the left and right channels using straight diagonal line if they are equal.

I would even go as far as to say that a spectrum analyzer would be pretty handy as well :)

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@Gravitas said:

Good suggestion.

Doesn't hurt to try!

I mean even for this app I got some UI related requests fixed and it was like what >6 months ago since the previous beta.
    Same deal for auGen X way back in time...

The Lissajous thing could be a cool addition to the regular two waveforms as would a 'spacial scope' which makes it easy to see the differences between the left and right channels using straight diagonal line if they are equal.

I would even go as far as to say that a spectrum analyzer would be pretty handy as well :)

Cheers!

After putting together the Light synth and then the Tesseract synth
    the first thing I look for now is Lissajous mode.
    If it doesn't have it? then I don't need it.

If they implement it, then it's all good. 🙂

• @Gravitas said:

You should try the Oscilloscope and Spectrogram app by Mani Consulting, it can do nice xy plots.

• @uncledave said:

@Gravitas said:

You should try the Oscilloscope and Spectrogram app by Mani Consulting, it can do nice xy plots.

I've seen it before and it's the only other auv3 oscilloscope that does
    Lissajous mode alongside MiRack which as mentioned before has two.

Does it have full screen mode?

• edited May 2021

@Cyndilov said:

@aleyas said:

I don't think there's anything auGenX is capable of that couldn't be achieved in Drambo. What appeals to me about auGenX though is the same thing that appeals to me about apps like Fundamental - they're weird, limited apps that force you to get creative with what you have. They kind of get you to think outside of the box to make music. It makes me think of what it'd be like in the 50's and 60's. I don't have auGenX yet, because the price never seemed justifiable to me. I'd like to get it for no other reason than to work it into a 'virtual test equipment' set up I have in mind.

• @Gravitas said:

@uncledave said:

@Gravitas said:

Yes, almost. You can slide the control panel aside. It still displays the graph scales along the side and bottom.

• @uncledave said:

@Gravitas said:

@uncledave said:

@Gravitas said:

Yes, almost. You can slide the control panel aside. It still displays the graph scales along the side and bottom.

Okay, if it’s only the graph scale?
    I can handle that.

The oscilloscope that I’ve seen that would do what I need isn’t auv3,
    it’s from FaberAcoustical here’s the link

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/signalscope-basic-2020/id1520683649

What I like about the one from FaberAcoustical are the visuals.
    It’s very clear and concise.

What I don’t know is how it would interact with audio apps.
    It doesn’t mention IAA or auv3 though it could possibly work with external audio interfaces.

• apematrix has a nice oscilloscope with xy that can be loaded as it own au

• @Gravitas said:

@uncledave said:

@Gravitas said:

@uncledave said:

@Gravitas said:

I can handle that.

It doesn’t mention IAA or auv3 though it could possibly work with external audio interfaces.

Does not seem to work as IAA, AudioBus or AU.
    There are lots of similar Apps, but without connectivity quite useless to me.

• @tja said:

@Gravitas said:

@uncledave said:

@Gravitas said:

@uncledave said:

@Gravitas said:

I can handle that.

Does not seem to work as IAA, AudioBus or AU.
    There are lots of similar Apps, but without connectivity quite useless to me.

Agreed.

Otherwise I would’ve got it already.
    I’m patiently waiting for the “one”.
    I’m quite satisfied at the moment with the ones
    in MiRack though they could be sharper.

The visuals from auDSPr are really sharp.
    If it had had Lissajous I would’ve got it instantly.

• edited May 2021

Eh, The novelty of oscilloscopes wore off on me a long time ago. Neat, but ultimately useful? I don’t need it for anything on the technical side, so no.Unless I’m missing something, they’re totally overrated (I know that sounds silly, but I don’t know a better way to put it).

• Lole, just read the user guide and it used “they look cool” TWICE as a reason for “Why I Should Own an Oscillator”. That pretty much settles that. I knew they always seemed pretty self-important, like wearing an armband and visor to show you’re an accountant. “Oh, I’m studying the oscilloscope to see how my synth programming affects the sound.” Yeah, uh huh. You’re watching a line change shape and loudness. It’s like a cartoon for ants.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Lole, just read the user guide and it used “they look cool” TWICE as a reason for “Why I Should Own an Oscillator”. That pretty much settles that. I knew they always seemed pretty self-important, like wearing an armband and visor to show you’re an accountant. “Oh, I’m studying the oscilloscope to see how my synth programming affects the sound.” Yeah, uh huh. You’re watching a line change shape and loudness. It’s like a cartoon for ants.

lol, just because you don't understand the many uses for a scope, doesn't mean that people just want them 'cause they look cool.

incredibly useful for seeing what's going on with modulation, attenuation, and offset signals that cannot be heard.

Also super useful for learning about synthesis, especially for visual learners like myself. Synced waveforms, FM synthesis, additive synthesis, etc make a lot more sense when you can "see" what's going on. I use them when I teach synthesis to kids (and adults!) and it really helps them engage and make sense of concepts that aren't always intuitive.

• @palms said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Lole, just read the user guide and it used “they look cool” TWICE as a reason for “Why I Should Own an Oscillator”. That pretty much settles that. I knew they always seemed pretty self-important, like wearing an armband and visor to show you’re an accountant. “Oh, I’m studying the oscilloscope to see how my synth programming affects the sound.” Yeah, uh huh. You’re watching a line change shape and loudness. It’s like a cartoon for ants.

lol, just because you don't understand the many uses for a scope, doesn't mean that people just want them 'cause they look cool.

incredibly useful for seeing what's going on with modulation, attenuation, and offset signals that cannot be heard.

Also super useful for learning about synthesis, especially for visual learners like myself. Synced waveforms, FM synthesis, additive synthesis, etc make a lot more sense when you can "see" what's going on. I use them when I teach synthesis to kids (and adults!) and it really helps them engage and make sense of concepts that aren't always intuitive.

Lol I understand what they are used for

• I like AuGenX a lot. Really nice for getting drones up and running, and you can do some nice modulation. Not sure if I need this, though the price is good.

• @aleyas said:

@Cyndilov said:

@aleyas said:

I don't think there's anything auGenX is capable of that couldn't be achieved in Drambo. What appeals to me about auGenX though is the same thing that appeals to me about apps like Fundamental - they're weird, limited apps that force you to get creative with what you have. They kind of get you to think outside of the box to make music. It makes me think of what it'd be like in the 50's and 60's. I don't have auGenX yet, because the price never seemed justifiable to me. I'd like to get it for no other reason than to work it into a 'virtual test equipment' set up I have in mind.

Makes sense. Hope to see a video someday of you exploring this sort of stuff :)

• @oat_phipps said:

@palms said:

@oat_phipps said:

your statement on their uselessness says otherwise.

• @oat_phipps said:

@palms said:

@oat_phipps said:

Then why say that? It was a silly thing to say. Personally, I am still in the market for an oscilloscope. Be it hardware or software. I have a very vague idea what it will be helping me with but then that's true about every single piece of gear I've ever bought. Basically, I want to try to understand sound waves so that I can visualise what I'm doing. This has been incredibly helpful with my Vermona DRM1 Mk 4. Ta daaa! I knew I'd be able to shoehorn my new purchase into a post somewhere.

• @ashh said:

@oat_phipps said:

@palms said:

@oat_phipps said:

Then why say that? It was a silly thing to say. Personally, I am still in the market for an oscilloscope. Be it hardware or software.

Myself also.
    I actually started looking at real physical oscilloscopes.
    One company that was recommended to me was Tektronik.
    I can't remember the model number off hand, I do remember it does x/y mode.

I have a very vague idea what it will be helping me with but then that's true about every single piece of gear I've ever bought. Basically, I want to try to understand sound waves so that I can visualise what I'm doing. This has been incredibly helpful with my Vermona DRM1 Mk 4. Ta daaa! I knew I'd be able to shoehorn my new purchase into a post somewhere.

Ta daaa....

Congratulations. 🙌🏽

Now, what does it sound like??

I had a look and it looks scrumptious. 😁

• edited May 2021

@Gravitas It sounds like... it sounds like... it sounds like I have access to every drum sound ever made if only I had enough skill. Honestly, it is the first piece of gear that I've bought that I have had more fun than frustration with from the outset. I've been sitting in front of it, the sound pounding through the monitors, twisting the decay up and down in time, with a huge smile on my face.

• @ashh said:
    @Gravitas It sounds like... it sounds like... it sounds like I have access to every drum sound ever made if only I had enough skill. Honestly, it is the first piece of gear that I've bought that I have had more fun than frustration with from the outset. I've been sitting in front of it, the sound pounding through the monitors, twisting the decay up and down in time, with a huge smile on my face.

Ha,ha,ha.....yeah.....that sounds like it looks.

Awesome. 😁